• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Spy vs A Military

James Bond gets a new mission to break into a military base and get the files they are keeping about a secret underground base which is keeping the key to a secret underwater facility that's got a nuke that is gonna be fired towards the moon. So James sneaks on. Unfortunately, Forrest was pulled into this very same base to guard the door. He spots bond and a fight breaks out

Both have normal guns. (None of the special gadgets. Just average guns)

Speed is equal

Both are willing to kill

Takes place on a military base

Who wins and why?

Forrest Gump:

James Bond (Composite): 1

Inconclusive/Draw:

Not accounting for Supernatural luck, Bond takes it.

Forest tanked a bullet and even though he didn't fully tank the RPG explosion it's still super impressive, James has other ways to win. He's more intelligent and he's received military and spy training, triumphing Forest's training. Plus he's way more versatile to the point where even if a bullet to the head didn't kill Forrest, he can still knock him out with tranquilisers or just holding him down with superior lifting strength.

So yeah James takes it, unless the luck is a big turning point

Luck is a thing that lead him though life basically. Without understanding much of anything yet still became a billionaire based on him just being lucky. Like when becoming a shrimp boat captain. A storm just happen to destroy every other shrimping boat except his. So it's nothing super protective like say, Mr. Bean, who just downright is protected and can go walking off a building without looking just for something to drive up and save him. But it's nothing to gloss over either. There's something helping him out.

Also I was more saying normal guns. Not tranquilizers.

Yea. Just normal guns. Bond would take it fairly easily with all his other fancy gadgets. Least with normal guns, Gump stands a fairly decent chance since he is a good amount stronger and tougher.

I'll make that more clear to in the OP

Sweet. Ok than this is a LOT closer, because while Bond is smarter and has more training, Forest has better stamina. Do we have a calc on his AP? Bond knocked down reinforced metals bars pretty easily too.

An RPG can be from 879,000 Joules to 8,790,000 Joules

However, he didn't tank it directly. Which does take a large sum away. Iirc. It was like high 400,000 to low 500,000 for the lowest form of an RPG. 2 mill for the highest end.

Probably A higher end. Since Forrest did come out rather unharmed. 2 mill would be the peak. Though mind you, he could and probably does vary a bit lower. RPG Varies on Shots and the absolute peak of them are the 2 mill shots he would take. Not that that's impossible or improbable. Just the peak.

From viewing the scene, it's probably fair to say he varies somewhere in between. The RPG clearly misses him but he does receive atleast some of the blast. This means Forrest has a 2 to 4 times natural AP advantage.

So, this is how I see it. Bond goes to attack Forrest and sees his attacks aren't doing too much. Seeing as how Forrest varies in his peak, it's fair to say the attacks would impact him but probably wouldn't be too troublesome. Seeing how little it did, James more than likely formulates a plan to take him down in other means, similarly to how he fights Jaws. Now, in terms of skill, James has it. Spies often receive full military training on top of the spy training they also get. James also fought in wars so he also has that on his resume. On top of this, his training is much more modern with the newer films and games. James also has a lifting strength advantage and can potentially flip Forrest over his shoulder and then pelt him with bullets. So in the end, I think 007 can figure a way around the ap advantage. He's smarter, has better training and more experience and is the better shot. James in a much harder than expected fight

Well, if it helps, I have one character he should definitely fight, that being Jaws

If you do use him though, use the game version because otherwise Forrest has an ap advantage, guns and yeah Jaws doesn't stand a chance

He honestly might just beat the life out of Jaws. Once he gets one punch in. It's game. Cause he just doesn't stop punching.

Didn't forest get incapped for a good deal of time because he was shot in the ass? Sure, he could still run, but he hardly tanked it.

And the RPG feat would be extremely lower that it's original power since he wasn't hit head-on.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Didn't forest get incqpped for a good deal of time because he was shit in the ass? Sure, he could still run, but he hardly tanked it.

And the RPG feat would be extremely lower that it's original power since he wasn't hit head-on.
That took me a few reads Hahahaha

I'll leave you guys too it, since I believe Butter is knowledgeable on the film. Great film btw

What is auto-correct?

Like, I know that I have a phone from a non-english nation, but still... why did it memorize shit and not shot?

Tenor_%283%29.gif

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Didn't forest get incapped for a good deal of time because he was shot in the ass? Sure, he could still run, but he hardly tanked it.

No. He felt it sure. But he got back up. The tank doesn't mean he wasn't hurt by it. Just he took it followed by the explosion and got back up. And He just was taken to the hospital to check on the bullet. But they never remove the bullet cause the operation cost too much. By no means did he require it. He gets shot, picks dan back up and leaves then goes and gets Bubba. And later he was perfectly fine.

And we took on account of that. A normal RPG hits high 800,000 at least and 8 million joules at its peak. When considering the fact he was a bit away. He still should have a times 2 to 4 gap in strength and durability

I don't know why, but I distinctly remember him being put in a hospital. Anyways the bullet sure as heck penetrated, so AP wise it doesn't mean much.

That is nowhere near taking account if that. An explosion losses it's ste immensely fat, and being in one side of it's explosion already divides it by, like, a tenth of it's power. And that's without taking the distance in account.

He was in the hospital. But it was to get the bullet removed. Not cause he needed it. Cause in the end, they never did remove it. But yea. The bullet doesn't really matter. The RPG itself does.

And this explosion again. Already took that into account. It had already been checked before said page was made.

Back