• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Tailed Beast vs A Ninja Frog

noob here, question: how can greninja survive a bijuu bomb? I've seen greninja's profile but didn't quite understand its feats.

Mat Block should be able to stop the Beast Ball, since it works pretty much the same as Protect except it fails to stop status effects from attacks, which luckily it seems Beast Ball doesn't have anything like that, so it should be an effective block. Double Team, Smokescreen and Substitute should distract Isobu long enough to give it an opportunity to attack, and Role Play should allow Greninja to copy Isobu's Mist's illusions. Spikes should prevent Isobu from being able to move too much, and it has versatility in terms of its close-range attacks, like Cut and Aerial Ace, and its long-range attacks, like Wayer Shuriken or Hydro Pump. (I have got to make a CRT for Greninja. He is missing a lot of moves on his profile.)

Now, granted, the fact that Isobu has an extremely strong shell that would be hard to penetrate, and if Greninja gets swallowed by Isobu, he'd have to deal with all of the miniature Isobu's within his stomach, I think that Greninja has a fair chance of defeating Isobu, considering he's scales to the power of other Mega-Evolved Pokémon, which have been shown to be able to take on certain Legendary Pokémon. Plus, this Ash-Greninja has Ash with him, and the help of his Trainer increases his chances of success all the more. I'm gonna give it to the frog with mid to high difficulty.

Winner: Greninja

Basically, the effect of Role Play is that it replaces the user's Ability with the opponent's ability, which, in this case, would be Isobu's mist illusions. Unfortunately, I just realized that if the Pokémon has Battle Bond, which Greninja has to have since it's currently Ash-Greninja, then the move doesn't work. So, ignore the Role Play argument.

Back