• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A THING THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwynbleiddd

VS Battles
Retired
I have been studying for 6 hours today for a very important university exam that i have tomorrow and i come here to find a few pages (from my favorite series), that i've made, deleted just because they were tier 10.

YES they may not be the most interesting profiles BUT the main purpose of the wiki is to index the stats of characters.This matter has been brought a few times in the past and it's time to settle this.

There is literally NOTHING bad about these "boring" and "uninteresting" profiles and yet people go out of their way just to comment how they don't belong here or that they don't deserve profiles.(It's not like we have limited space or something) So my reply is this:

There plenty of profiles i find extremely uninteresting with characters that literally disgust me, but do i say that they shouldn't exist? NO, i don't so i expect you to do the same.

If this isn't fully comprehensible it's because i'm extremelly tired and pissed off.

I already have, this isn't just for these individual profiles, it's that most people are against them for no good reason.

I wasn't really complaining about it when I made that thread, so sorry and my bad if it sounded that way.

Anyways, I was asking where we draw the line as there might be profiles of normal humans with nothing interesting of note at all to their name. Like comedy MC #92 with pure human all across the board level that it doesn't make sense to me why it is worth being indexed, but that's just me.

Characters who use weapons are have some fighting sense should be allowed, but not a character with no fighting use (mrs briefs from DBZ for example)

I'm more annoyed with profiles for a "universe" of a show or something and theres no profiles yet for any characters made.

I read the profiles and were not against them. Also, you used the term "pissed off", wouldn't that be using offensive language? Staff using that kind of language would not set a good example for new users by giving them the idea that offensive language/profanity is okay.

Paolo A. Lambre` said:
Also, you used the term "pissed off", wouldn't that be using offensive language? Staff using that kind of language would not set a good example for new users by giving them the idea that offensive language/profanity is okay.
Firstly, not only is this comment completely irrelevant to this threads discussion. It also shows how thoughtless you are, to moderate an obviously frustrated and tired (well, not obvious if you didnt bother to read the thread) admins comment. The phrase "pissed off" isnt worth any moderation to begin with; the next time you do something like this. I wont just give you a scolding.

@Paolo Pissed off = offensive language? What are you 5? Honeslty, making a comment like this is extremely rude and off topic. Trying to get a staff in trouble. How bothersome. In my personal opinion, we should just ban you right now.

@ActualThread Well, I don't mind having normal humans as long as they're somewhat unique. Like master strategist or they have a cool gun of sorts.

Isn't this an indexing wiki? I mean there's profiles for Tier 11 characters, an extremely few of them and they can be considered "boring" and useless by some. I guess it's just an opinion.

@Thebluedash

Yeah, I do agree that it is a little stupid to point out a exetremly annoyed and tired admin "cussing" But please tone it down. Some people just don't like cussing, but it was off topic. I dont wanna cause any trouble with you if this sounded like arguing, I was just wanting to explain why he might of said that.

@Kkapoios Good thing your an admin, and you can restore them.. heh

MaxwelFISH said:
@Thebluedash

Yeah, I do agree that it is a little stupid to point out a exetremly annoyed and tired admin "cussing" But please tone it down. Some people just don't like cussing, but it was off topic. I dont wanna cause any trouble with you if this sounded like arguing, I was just wanting to explain why he might of said that.

@Kkapoios Good thing your an admin, and you can restore them.. heh
Saying pissed off is not cursing bud.

@Hop

I think the point is not to make vanillas who have no notable combat feats whatsoever rather than not make vanillas at all.

For example, we might be able to make a profile for a 10-B character who has at least shown some proficiency in street fighting, but not a character from a generally sappy and powerless soap opera.

Though I'll admit, I'm a tad annoyed by this as well, given that I went through the trouble of sprucing up the Shokugeki no Soma pages. I won't contest their removal though, given that the best they can do in a fight is make their opponent eat food so tasty that they pass out.

So, the rule is to make a character that CAN be human, BUT! has to have somewhat of an ability?

I'd think so. Not necessarily superpowers per say, but they should have engaged in at least some kind of fighting.

Thebluedash said:
@Paolo Pissed off = offensive language? What are you 5? Honeslty, making a comment like this is extremely rude and off topic. Trying to get a staff in trouble. How bothersome. In my personal opinion, we should just ban you right now.
@ActualThread Well, I don't mind having normal humans as long as they're somewhat unique. Like master strategist or they have a cool gun of sorts.
If I was trying to get an admin in trouble I would have reported him, sorry, butI sometimes forget where I come from some things are more offensive than in other places mate. To the other person, I'm not 5, I'm in my mid forties and am tired as hell. I am sorry for have caused any unnecessary replies.

While I agree that there is no problem in making non combative character profiles for tier 10 characters or even above I also feel that we should practice some restriction. This wiki is known for its quality letting people make character profiles for some obscure or unknown characters with random ratings will ruin it and make this wiki unreliable/untrustworthy. Like Antvasima said we should focus more on quality rather than quantity. Sure if the ratings are correct and reliable then I don't find any problem in making tier 10 character profiles.

Some profiles that did have abilities of some kind were still deleted. For example, Rintarou Okabe from Steins;Gate. He had a very unique form of Time Travel. Sure, it needed a machine, and he's just a regular human without it, but so is Batman, kind of.

And that's just an example. I'm sure there are other profiles that fit the same bill.

Reporting a staff member has never really gone over well here, lol. Only in a couple instances has anyone been fired or blocked on their own behavior while being a staff member. Reporting us to ourselves will only invoke council, not a civil war, mate.

Back to the topic:

While a few notable vanillas are okay, a verse full of school girls is highly pointless and stupid at any rate. If they don't have anything worth putting down that doesn't extent past "regular human" "average" or "normal", they're a waste of writing and time, as well as poor excuses to justify edit-whoring. Really quite pointless to "index" the average person 1,000 times over when we all know what to expect from someone who's nothing more than normal.

Tier 11's were needed just to point out there are worse things than being human in fiction. A 2D square really doesn't hold up against ever the most pitiful of fodder in the 3D world. Not to mention there's some 2D's that are intereseting to index, such as SCPs, and Gomez from FEZ.

For the record, I agree with Kkapoios. This is primarily a statistics-indexing site, not a battleboard forum. Tier 10 profiles do not cause any harm.

Wait a minute. That raises the question.. Welllll.. Why can't we make a normal human? Because people who add humans that litterally can do nothing is okay, then why isn't adding a human? Sure, Unnessacary, but then you could say all the ones Kkapoios made were useless.

Sooo?

@MaxwelFish

The reason being is that a completely and utterly normal human being doesn't have much place on a versus site. They should have SOME way to fight, otherwise this becomes a character-indexing site rather than a character statistics indexing site.

I agree with what Reppuzan said. Creating character profiles for some obscure characters with absolutely average stats with no combat abilities is just being lazy.

Time travel can be used to escape an enemy, change the flow of causality, or, depending on how you control it, even for bfr.

.... Escape? Go to the past, the battle will still happen. Future, you'll be dead, you human.

Thats what I say. I don't want to argue tho, so I'll just end my talking here. Don't want anyone to get.. Mad.

@MaxwellFISH If you go to the past, the battle won't have happened yet, and once it does, you'll have left. Travel to the future, and you'll be in the future not the present where you're fighting, so no, you won't have been killed.

If you go to the past and kill someone then go back to the present then they'll be dead and no one will find you. You don't even have to directly kill the either, give their parents a contraceptive, and they'll be born completely different, get them to go to the site of a natural disaster and they'll be caught in it, get their parents to fall in love with someone else and they'll never be born in the first place.

Anyway, this seems a bit off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back