• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"About dimensional tiering"

So uh, just to clarify, this isnt by me. Some fella was talking about VSBW's dimensional tiering being wrong and what not, so I asked him to compile the reasons and such, and paste it here to see whats right, wrong or not. Just interested. (If its fine)

Ok, here: ////"My main issue with dimensional tiering is

Infinite 4d logically shouldn't be above infinite 3d since R^4(or any finite number) = R^3 = R^2 = R

The explanation for dimensional tiering I most commonly see is that a cube has a more than infinite(specifically an inaccessible amount of them)amount of squares in it because infinity×0 = 0, but infinity*0 is actually undefined, and there are an infinite amount of points on a line, but there is also the same amount of points on a square or any other finite dimensional object

And for the argument of infinity^3(or however many dimensions you are using not neccesarily 3) > infinity, that is objectively incorrect since infinity*infinity isnt even a higher infinity(which can be shown by making a bijection between the two with Cantor's proof for the rational numbers having the same cardinality as the natural numbers, which seems unintuitive at first since there would be infinite rational numbers per natural number)

And, even if dimensions did infinitely transcend eachother, there is the same amount of points on a line as on a finite dimensional object, which is aleph one assuming CH, and since by definition the next aleph number is the smallest infinity bigger than the previous one, i.e. there is no infinity between aleph one and aleph two

So if dimensions infinitely transcended eachother than, for instance, an infinite line would be aleph null size, an infinite square aleph one sized, and an infinite cube would be aleph two, which would mean it somehow has more units of size than its amount of points which logically wouldn't make sense

This is only really "proof" for infinite 3d = infinite 4d or any other finite dimension, not necessarily dimensional tiering as a whole"\\\\

k. Done. 😩 (There is no dimensional tiering tag. So I went with "tiering system" instead. If its ok? Or well, idk.)

Oh of course, it's one of those "VSBW dimensional tiering system wrong" threads again.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm pretty sure it's also against the rules, so...

NVM, it isn't against the rules, but it most probably will be after this. Especially given how the Low 2-C 4-dimension threads went through.

Last edited:
Oh of course, it's one of those "VSBW dimensional tiering system wrong" threads again.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm pretty sure it's also against the rules, so...

NVM, it isn't against the rules, but it most probably will be after this. Especially given how the Low 2-C 4-dimension threads went through.
Oh, I didnt know that, sorry if its annoying and such. Could you possibly send me links to these threads, so that I could sent it to that guy instead, if its not too much of a hassle for you? Maybe that'd satisfy him. (Tbh, him saying that it's "wrong" sounds also stupid to me, but I frankly dont know much about dimensional tiering, so I cant really refute.)

Edit: By satisfy, I meant that it'd, perhaps answer his "issues"

This also overlooks the difference between countable infinity and uncountable infinity within each dimension; High 3-A only requires countable infinity on a 3-D scale, Low 2-C requires some significant but unknown amount of 4-D power, 2-C and 2-B also require some finite but unknown degree of 5-D power, 2-A requires countable infinity on a 5-D scale. And Low 1-C and above require uncountable infinity on a 5-D scale. As are the rest of the higher up tiers all the way up to Low 1-A which requires to be uncountable Infinity on an Uncountable Infinity dimensional scale.

Being Infinite whether Countable or Uncountable on a 4 dimensional scale doesn't really warrant a tier being Low 2-C outside of some other more elaborate details regarding 5-D power. Likewise, being 11-D or having power on an 11-D scale doesn't by default warrant someone being High 3-A or above especially if they're still finite on those lower dimensional degrees.

Oh, I didnt know that, sorry if its annoying and such. Could you possibly send me links to these threads, so that I could sent it to that guy instead, if its not too much of a hassle for you? Maybe that'd satisfy him. (Tbh, him saying that it's "wrong" sounds also stupid to me, but I frankly dont know much about dimensional tiering, so I cant really refute.)

Edit: By satisfy, I meant that it'd, perhaps answer his "issues"
Sure, here's one such thread about Tier 2 and 4-dimensional space-time.

"None of the answers answered anything I asked lol"
"I saw nothing convincing me of anything lol

In the second thread it was just about whether or not spacetime is 4d"
"All they did was link something about how many dimensions spacetime had" (referring to what Klol sent)

This also overlooks the difference between countable infinity and uncountable infinity within each dimension; High 3-A only requires countable infinity on a 3-D scale, Low 2-C requires some significant but unknown amount of 4-D power, 2-C and 2-B also require some finite but unknown degree of 5-D power, 2-A requires countable infinity on a 5-D scale. And Low 1-C and above require uncountable infinity on a 5-D scale. As are the rest of the higher up tiers all the way up to Low 1-A which requires to be uncountable Infinity on an Uncountable Infinity dimensional scale.

Being Infinite whether Countable or Uncountable on a 4 dimensional scale doesn't really warrant a tier being Low 2-C outside of some other more elaborate details regarding 5-D power. Likewise, being 11-D or having power on an 11-D scale doesn't by default warrant someone being High 3-A or above especially if they're still finite on those lower dimensional degrees.
"They never provided reasoning for why there should be different countable and uncountable infinites per dimension lol"
"I haven't seen any reasoning so far from the pages I've seen of vsbw for why spacetime would be above infinite 3d lol"

"Im not saying spacetime isnt 4D.Im saying I haven't seen reasoning for why 4d is better than infinite 3d lol"
just ignore him saying lol. he has some obssession related to that word or something 😭
I think he has issues with Infinite 3D instead, and not quite exactly with tiers stuff, but more to do with "why would 4D be above Infinite 3D"

Yeah? Your friend seems to be having some misconceptions here. This site doesnt use dimensional tiering anymore. Not the one you are used to at least.
Wait what-
Really? Then why does still say
"Low 2-C | Universe level+: Characters who are capable of significantly affecting[1], creating and/or destroying an area of space that is qualitatively larger than an infinitely-sized 3-dimensional space. Common fictional examples of spaces representing such sizes are space-time continuums (the entire past, present and future of 3-dimensional space) of a universal scale."
In the tiering system?

Dimensional tiering still is technically here, but it's extremely strict, you need Reality>Fiction differences, monumental proof of Transcendence, or a Infinity^Infinity difference to even touch a dimension above the 9/10 timeline destruction that is tier 2 to my knowledge.

Take Ben 10's 26-D statement for instance, we don't accept it because it is contexless, or take a look at SCP Foundation, there's a statement that's like 200,000-D to countless-D or so and we don't accept it because it doesn't meet our requirements, considering even Low 1-C was hard-fought to be accepted by our standards.

Also, you seem to be thinking that being fifth-dimensional = Low 1-C, which is not really the case. Just being 5-D alone doesn't give any superiority nowadays, since dimensional tiering is not a thing here anymore as I said. Same with 4-D.
Ik it doesnt really grant superiority. But what about hax then? Would haxes like casuality manip 4D still work on those that are physically 5D? Just wondering

Dimensional tiering still is technically here, but it's extremely strict, you need Reality>Fiction differences, monumental proof of Transcendence, or a Infinity^Infinity difference to even touch a dimension above the 9/10 timeline destruction that is tier 2 to my knowledge.
To be fair, at that point those wouldn't be dimensions anymore, since that's not how they operate, we only use the term because it's easier to understand I assume.

Ik it doesnt really grant superiority. But what about hax then? Would haxes like casuality manip 4D still work on those that are physically 5D? Just wondering
Nah, when your a dimension above you become inaccessible to those of a lower dimension. It's why matchups between tier 1 characters aren't recommended.
To be fair, at that point those wouldn't be dimensions anymore, since that's not how they operate, we only use the term because it's easier to understand I assume.
Maybe, I dunno lol

On second thought, the logic of the OP seems to only work if the system was purely based on spatial dimensions. Since it isn't (Think of Low 2-C as a layer of existence uncountably infinitely superior to High 3-A, not a higher dimension) then nothing needs to be changed I suppose. Higher infinities are a thing.
Thanks for the answer. (Seemed to satisfy him finally 😩)
Thanks yall. 🤝
now im gonna force him to create a vsbw account instead and ask questions himself next time 😈

Back