• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Notorious BIG's mid-godly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the reasons for BIG's mid-godly rather than "survived the death of its user" cause imo,it looks more like ressurection or just a feature of this stand,it is also noted that you need to die to activate BIG.

Also,the stand is a manifistation of users soul,a soul does not stop to exist after death of a person.

So i think BIG just ressurected or activated,one of this.

What do you think about it?

IIRC its because stands usually cease to exist after their user's death, but BIG was different and just came back. BIG was beaten by being dumped into the ocean, as nobody else's stand could permanently get rid of it as it doesn't have a user as a weakness anymore, which also helps.

I agree with OP. Also the character sheet also states that BIG was activated by the energy of the host's grudge when the host died

FB IMG 15320567555244329

Plus Stands don't cease to exist after the User's death as in Jojo Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable we all saw Kira die and go to Purgatory yet his Killer Queen was active and dragged along with Kira to hell.

I forget where, but it was stated that the stand gets erased from existence when its user dies, and since it regenerated from that it would be Mid-Godly.

They don't get erased. Yoshikage Kira is an excellent example. So is Weather Report when Enrico Pucci reset the Universe and killed him, his stand was still present and absorbed by Emporio. Plus Notorious BIG was activated for the first time by Carne's Grudge. We don't even see him getting erased.

I don't know if this effects anything but Carne could summon B.I.G before he died and
Chap
Notorious B.I.G had a humanoid shape but after Carne died it came back in a different one. He isn't dead yet in the panel and Mista is shooting him because he saw him pull out the stand.

Yes I'm aware of that but where does it state that Notorious BIG got erased? Infact where is it stated that Stands cease to exist when their users die. We have two instances where Stands work even after their users die. I have read JoJo a few years ago but I'm pretty sure that they stop functioning when their users die rather than they just cease to exist.

Lancer45Man said:
They don't get erased. Yoshikage Kira is an excellent example. So is Weather Report when Enrico Pucci reset the Universe and killed him, his stand was still present and absorbed by Emporio. Plus Notorious BIG was activated for the first time by Carne's Grudge. We don't even see him getting erased.
Kira and his dad are clear exceptions, especially since Kira lost his stand a moment later. Weather Report was removed by Pucci. It stopped being his stand once it got removed. It was emporio's stand as soon as he used the disk. Speaking of that, don't forget that when Pucci wanted to get rid of a soul disk (same properties as a stand disk), he put it in a dying man so it would be erased. I'll see if I can find the stand of it being stated they get erased when the user dies

Kira and his dad are clear exceptions, especially since Kira lost his stand a moment later. Weather Report was removed by Pucci. It stopped being his stand once it got removed. It was emporio's stand as soon as he used the disk. Speaking of that, don't forget that when Pucci wanted to get rid of a soul disk (same properties as a stand disk), he put it in a dying man so it would be erased. I'll see if I can find the stand of it being stated they get erased when the user dies

I'm sorry but how are they exceptions exactly??? We can clearly see in Chapter 438 of Vol 4 that Kira got killed and went to the Ghost Girl's alley as a Spirit. Yet in Chapter 439 he was dragged ALONG WITH KILLER QUEEN by the Ghosts. So no, Stands do exist even after the User dies. They just cease to function properly except for some cases like Carne's. And I'm assuming that the whole "STANDS CEASE TO EXIST WHEN THE USER DIES" came from This ??? While it does state that they dissapear after the user dies, they never state that they cease to Exist as dissapearing is not always = ceasing to exist and what they could mean is that they just stop functioning as the willpower of the user gets zero when they die but they still exist as they are "Spiritual Energy" of the User as stated in the scans.

In that case, would type 8 immortality be more applicable? If all stands are relient on the User's will power, but Carne's Grudge and by consequence his will power lasts past his death, then it seems more like we should treat it as Type 8 than vanilla ressurection or regen

If BIG has type 8, what would it be reliant on? The concept of a grudge it's user had?

I don't think Type 8 would be valid as he isn't reliant on anything. He was just activated by feeding on the energy of the Grudge of Carne which is stated in the Stand Chart and is consistent with his ability to absorb energy and matter. I think that this stand is just one of those special stands in the verse which has it's own unique Characteristic property.

I think B.I.G. is just incomplete. As we saw above, complete B.I.G. could be summoned and looked different. Also iirc someone outright said that the Stand defied Stand rules in the manga.

Sir Ovens said:
I think B.I.G. is just incomplete. As we saw above, complete B.I.G. could be summoned and looked different. Also iirc someone outright said that the Stand defied Stand rules in the manga.
Yes you're right and iirc that was stated by Giorno himself

Anyways, since this is being agreed upon by most of the people Including three admins, then we should close the thread and make changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back