• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Everlasting

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
"the power of Cracking comes directly from Tick Tock Man, a being who is equal to M (Shikkoku no Sharnoth), in other words Rosenkreuz essence and abilities are on a 2-A scale."

Getting power from a 2-A =/= all your abilities are 2-A in scale, or your essence. Just because it's the source doesn't mean all your abilities scale to it.

Unless we have literally every Psyker in Warhammer 40K be High 1-B because they draw power from the Warp, or every Force user in Star Wars 4-A because The Ones exist.

Hell, if anything, this is backwards. The source should scale to the users, not the other way around.

The description should be removed, because it's not at all a reasonable assumption. I'm pretty sure there are more pages that have it listed but I can't recall.

I agree with the issue of scale, or else all the Protoss in StarCraft are 3-A with quadrillion mind manip because they were gifted their power from the Xel'naga.

I am preparing a much larger post that addresses a lot more on the issue of GK and Tesla.

Yeah, his AP is a lot simpler to explain.

So, for his base form, to quote Assalt

"even if you use a tiny island, like Grande Comore, the AP for atomizing it is clean into High 6-B."

Which means his first key is probably downplayed. He's much higher into Tier 6.

And to quote Assalt again.

"the Cracking Field expanding to the size of the planet gives nice range, but doesn't show that he is capable of destroying the planet."

And that should be obvious. Covering the planet =/= busting it. That's High 6-A at best.

In general, his first key should probably be upgraded and the second downgraded.

I'd also like to point out that even if he can atomize the entire planet, this is one of those lovely occurances when "destroying the world" is only Low 5-B, since atomizing the planet wouldn't produce enough energy to break the GBE of the planet.

though let me point out the gaze has increase by some hundred million of times more than the original gaze

Bump.

Also, the other character who has the 2-A stuff is Grimm=Grimm (Unless i missed someone else)

Also, i believe that our baseline for island is Cyprus, although the best idea would be measuring the size of the island that GK atomized in verse.

I agree. About the "source scales from the user", does it remain the same tier?

Example: Tier 2 gives a Tier 6 RW. Is Tier 2's RW Tier 6 or 2? About the resistance, does it work the same way?

If someone warps reality on a planetary scale using the power of a tier 2, it scales to the tier 2.

If the tier 2 doesn't have any feat above that, that's the scale that is assumed (Granted, tier 2 reality warpers usually do so on a corresponding scale). Same for resistances.

Unless there are mechanics in-verse suggesting that the ability is upscaled to their new level of course.

>Also, i believe that our baseline for island is Cyprus, although the best idea would be measuring the size of the island that GK atomized in verse.

No size for the island is giving.

Just briefing passing through before going back to studying, don't really have an issue with this, large country level pre-ultharthotep and small planet level ultharathotep, is ok with me, also agree with the removal of the 2-A stuff.

tbh i thought atomizing a planet would yield higher results? Or atomizing in general results in higher AP?

Who knows, he has never atomized a planet before anyway, it's just that his cracking field, which is a rift in reality, gap in the universe, whatever you wanna call it, is the size of an entire planet.

Atomizing a planet is one of those beautiful situations where it's lower than baseline Planet level because it doesn't generate the energy needed to overpower the gravity, since we base our baseline 5-B on GBE.

Yep. The planet would become a cloud of base atoms, but the atoms would still be gravitationally bound. It would eventually reform into an amorphous blob of base elements unlike most normal planets, and it certainly wouldn't be an iron core planet anymore.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I assume that if you atomise a planet and it doesn't reform you scale to the GBE as well.
Well yes. If it is scattered into space as atoms it is the atomization value + the KE for the scattering.

Also, while we're here, can someone explain the connection between Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning and the source that the description of Critters comes from?

they are in the same universe (however different planets tbf lightning takes place on earth while inganock where the critters explainations on them being amalgations of death and possibilities are in kadath which is bigger than earth) Its like with masadaverse same cosmology overall but the novels tackle something different overall afaik. (Well is this what u mean or something else?)

Gahkthun and Inganock take place in the same world, gahkthun takes place on an island off the coast of france, inganock takes place in a city build on top of a lake in someplace in europe i think.

Cracking and critters are things that were developed in inganock, inganock was isolated from the world for years, cracking and critters came about during that time, after the isolation ended, cracking spread to the rest of the world, critters likewise as in the case of nightengale's art.

Which is why we were saying they are literally part of the same series, in the same world, it's all connected.

actually inganock isn't somewhere in europe afaik but its in kadath a different planet altogether (kadath and earth are connected to a portal at the artic sea iirc hence ppl can travel between them though maybe its place in kadath's equivalent to earth's europe idk).

It's in kadath? News to me, now that i think about it some different continents were mentioned that weren't the usual europe, asia etc, makes sense, and that world's sky is forever gray too, another world edison has screwed up i see.

I'm just worried that we are taking information coming from a completely different section of the series and applying it to such an incredible extent with GK. GK's erasure of the Critter, if it had all of its power and abilities, dwarves every other feat shown by even his Ultharathotep form by a massive margin, yet the story, Nightengale, or GK himself barely put any emphasis on it. Compare that to when GK in Ultharathotep form attacked to rend space-time, attack metaphysically, and hit instantly. Despite this being astronomically weaker than destroying the Critter by description, around 3 minutes of time are dedicated to elaborating on how powerful this attack was, even though it should be a mere trifle to GK at this point and all the hyped powers go without saying.

It's pretty straight forward, the grotesque hand is more versatile than the glare imo, glare pre-ultharthotep kills possibilities that's it, ultharthotep gets hundreds of millions of times stronger, the glare being able to kill conceptual beings is honestly questionably since we didn't see how gk killed tesla, tesla used his final move, and next time we saw gk, tesla was dead, could have been glare, could have been the hand, more so betting on the hand since it is explicitly stated it kills metaphysical stuff.

Glare kills possibilities, hand breaks the laws of time, kills the real, illusory, physical, metaphysical. It's more verasile than the glare, immeasureable speed+all that other hax.

Glare at the very least can't kill concepts pre-ultharthotep imo, critters aren't concepts, they are possibilities/phenomenon that can attack with a phenomenon like death or space. They aren't death itself but they can attack with it, that was a bit of a misconception i had before finishing inganock, all they are are possibilities not concepts.

Glare=possibility killing, hand=metaphysical killing, metaphysial>possibilities.

Anyway going back to my studying now.

Back