• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the reaction of the characters of JoJo from the first part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dio from the third part is listed as slightly weaker than from the first. Then why doesn't anyone scale the reaction speed of Dio in Part 1 with the speed of Dio in Part 3? Massively FTL if someone does not remember. Dio did not become faster, on the contrary, only weakened.

Nothing states that he didn't get faster.
His body was weaker because it wasn't his body, only Joseph's. His head and eyes could've evolved further.

Weaker always refers to AP, not speed.

Nothing states that he didn't get faster.
His body was weaker because it wasn't his body, only Joseph's. His head and eyes could've evolved further.

Weaker always refers to AP, not speed.
Well, where did you get the idea that he is became slower? Why do you think Jonathan's body made him faster, if by that time he had merged badly with him?

Moreover, Jonathan is comparable to Dio from the first part, having his body Dio comes out has his characteristics

I don't believe he got slower, if anything he got much faster.
He went from bullets to silver chariot.

From the current profiles, I see that Dio doesn't have a separate reaction key. Regardless, he is an older form of an immortal vampire, he should've gotten faster regardless.

That has no support nor feats to back it.
Dio has Jonathan's body.

He did not receive any enhancements in the plot.

On the contrary, there were indications that due to the unstable merger, Dio only weakened.

How could he get faster, and besides, trillions of times (From hypersonic to Massive FTL)? He was only under water for 100 years

Dio is still the same vampire.

It turns out that he always had such characteristics.

The standard, more logical assumption is that he got the new stats over time as opposed to having them always, the latter applies what we would later know of the characters to before we knew it while ignoring the possibility of grow, which is why we only add stuff like it with evidence that impossibilities said possibility of grow. DIO got weaker, but we wouldn't really be translating that into speed if not for this thread, what DIO said there doesn't necessarily translate to reaction speed. He was under water for 100 years but the change in speed could have happened after getting his Stand, much like how that would appear to be the case with Koichi and Jolyne. It also directly conflicts with the characters barely/the portrayal as impressive of dodging those water jets, cutting many bullets at once and dodging light.

The standard, more logical assumption is that he got the new stats over time as opposed to having them always, the latter applies what we would later know of the characters to before we knew it while ignoring the possibility of grow, which is why we only add stuff like it with evidence that impossibilities said possibility of grow. DIO got weaker, but we wouldn't really be translating that into speed if not for this thread, what DIO said there doesn't necessarily translate to reaction speed. He was under water for 100 years but the change in speed could have happened after getting his Stand, much like how that would appear to be the case with Koichi and Jolyne. It also directly conflicts with the characters barely/the portrayal as impressive of dodging those water jets, cutting many bullets at once and dodging light.
In the profile of Joseph, among the arguments in favor of the Massive FTL reaction, in addition to being comparable to Kars, it is written that he should be no slower than his old version. And then he didn't have a Stand

You can't compare an immortal vampire's growth to an old man's growth.

Stands don't improve stats.
The difference between DIO and Joseph are that DIO was young and came back young, then had different feats that put his reaction back there. We don't know what DIO was doing the entire time, but part 6 proves that he wasn't just there doing nothing. You keep bringing up DIO's body when I'm talking about his reaction, which is his eyes, which wasn't changed and could've been improved on.

Joseph deadass stopped training. He became lazy and rusty, plus he was getting older and more wrinkly. It's not like we don't know what Joseph did, we do. He became a slouch.

The difference between DIO and Joseph are that DIO was young and came back young, then had different feats that put his reaction back there. We don't know what DIO was doing the entire time, but part 6 proves that he wasn't just there doing nothing. You keep bringing up DIO's body when I'm talking about his reaction, which is his eyes, which wasn't changed and could've been improved on.

Joseph deadass stopped training. He became lazy and rusty, plus he was getting older and more wrinkly. It's not like we don't know what Joseph did, we do. He became a slouch.
Regarding that, I'm wondering why Joseph in part 3 is Building Level+ and at least High Hypersonic+ when he neglected his training. Shouldn't he be significantly weaker? His profile gives for that key only justifications for his Stand and his reaction speed.

Regarding that, I'm wondering why Joseph in part 3 is Building Level+ and at least High Hypersonic+ when he neglected his training. Shouldn't he be significantly weaker? His profile gives for that key only justifications for his Stand and his reaction speed.
His reaction, feats say otherwise.
His attack potency, I agree with you there especially how his stand is building+ and the weakest stand in the crusaders but the others are building.

Yes, Dio showed this reaction in 3 parts. And?

Dio didn't get any faster. This is the same Dio from 1 part, just merged with a new body, which did not perfect it in any way.

Dio showed Massively FTL reaction in the third part. Dio from the first part is scaled to Dio from the third due to the fact that it is actually one and the same Dio. I am leading to this.

Young Joseph from the second part scales in speeds from his old version from the third part.

Why can't Dio have such a thing?

That introduces all kinds of outliers. Like would we rate Jonathan as being MFTL because he could move faster than Dio could react?

His reaction, feats say otherwise.
His attack potency, I agree with you there especially how his stand is building+ and the weakest stand in the crusaders but the others are building.
I already said that there are justifications for his reaction speed. It's all his other statistics that aren't related to Hermit Purple that I find dubious.

Again, the thread is about reaction.
Dio's head, eyes, and all of that was perfectly fine.
Dio's head didn't get weaker even though his body did.

And you keep saying DIO didn't get any faster even though we see DIO got much faster.

You bring up reaction then bring up his body getting weaker, which has nothing to do with it.
DIO is in prime youth and he can continue to advance.
Jonathan was in his prime and he was continually getting weaker.
They are not the same.

That introduces all kinds of outliers. Like would we rate Jonathan as being MFTL because he could move faster than Dio could react?
No, just add Jonathan the same reaction (Only reaction).

In the profiles of all the characters of the second part, despite the fact that they often attack faster than the enemy reacts - Massively FTL was ONLY reaction.

It is clearly not a problem to do the same in the first part.

And you keep saying DIO didn't get any faster even though we see DIO got much faster.
No, he didn't. Well, that is, through his achievements, he became faster, yes. But not in a plot. Its characteristics in terms of speed should have remained the same, since it did not become slower. Also, nowhere in the plot did it say that he became faster. You have no arguments in favor of the fact that he really became faster than himself from the first part, but I have arguments saying that Dio Brando from the first part is at least equal in speed to that of DIO from the third part. And with the same speed as in the first part - he could react to the Stands. From there, Dio from the first part has a Massive FTL reaction, because in the third part he showed this, and Dio from the third part is the same in speeds as in the first.

@DarkSpiderr; why only reaction? If a character's combat speed is faster than another character's reaction speed, then doesn't it stand to reason that their speed scale to or above that character's reaction speed?
I can ask you about the same, only about the characters of the second part. Why does Kars only have a Massive FTL reaction, even though he is capable of fighting Joseph, who has repeatedly hit Kars with attacks? And so on with the characters in the second part.

Yes. I shall lock this thread for now. Message me when the other one is concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back