• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Thunderstorms and AP's

So I know that this method of measuring the AP of thunderstorm makers was thrown out, but are there certain situations where this method can be used?

If a character or a series has been shown to be at around this level of power, is it that unreasonable to assume that someone specializing in weather/storm manipulation can crank out a a Large Town level storm?

Imo, if the character actually uses it to attack instead of it just being there in the background like most storm users. But that's just me.

Emh thor strikes frost giants
Emh thor strikes kree
Emh thor strikes galactus

Did that thread addressing this ever get concluded? I don't remember if it did, if it did we should have a page explaining this.

Generally, thurderstorm creation just count as Enviromental Destruction, commonly used by weather manipulators, and generally doesn't scale to anyone else. I don't known the exact method of calculating it tho.

I thought it scaled to AP if it could be proven that the the storm was created by their own power and could be used to attack?

Nowadays people use this article when calculating thunderstorm AP. But I'm saying that if guys while shtick is to call down thunderstorms on his opponents, and the series has shown to be in the Town to Small City range of power, is a Large Town level storm that unbelievable?

We discussed about that. Fictional storms are not the same as the real storms, most storms that Darkanine calced ranged from Small Town level+ to Town level and a character requires this much energy to unleash a storm.

The result obtained is just to known whats the deegre of the weather manipulation: The one who creates the bigger storm and the one that last more time (between other limitations), is the better with weather manipulation. Doesn't scale to anyone else cuz at the end the character attack with lightnings and air blast, that yield far less results than the storm it self.

That article doesn't tell much tho, it only use the typical power equation.

We've already had a very very very long discussion about this.

If someone is creating a storm via Weather Manipulation then it is only Enviromental destruction and not Attack Potency.

If someone is creating a storm via energy/matter manipulation or Telekinesis then it is Attack Potency since the nature of their power allows them to use this kind of energy in other attacks while the same argument can't be said for other cases.

@Gwyn

That's what I'm asking about. Say that the storm was created via someone manipulating energy (Supernatural (Ki, Chakra), Electricity, etc, etc), and the characters whole shtick is that they manipulates/create thunderstorms/lightning bolts, and there AP has shown to be around the level of destruction shown in the wiki link, can we use that or has it been completely canned?

@Antoniofer

Most people find how much of the sky or the amount of the area the storm clouds cover, find the measurements, dived by 665 km, then multiple the result by 6 * 10^14

It was a thread about RWBY, or Mortal Kombat, one of them started that; anyway, would be pretty difficult to find it now, at least for me, still without known how look at old threads.

Back