• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Time travel and TP stuff in Classic God of War.

So this question came from my mind after revisit Classic GoW game. perhaps this thread has relation to this https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1933677.

so what i want to ask is about Athena. In God of War 2 ending we know kratos accidentally killed athena in the past. Because Athena was protecting zeus. . Later in GoW 3 (in the future) she become non-corporeal being. and she stated "My sacrifice to save zeus has brought me to a higher existence."

So what does it mean ? does athena has some degree of TPI ? or resurrection ? or something ?

I remember this, I agree with it being Resurrection just that she came back as a Non-Corpreal entity.

btw what types of resurrection athena has? because if you got killed in the past you don't exist in future, right ?

Andika CL atmadja said:
btw what types of resurrection athena has? because if you got killed in the past you don't exist in future, right ?
She still exists in the future, she is just non corporeal.

If she was paradoxed out of existence, the ghost self wouldn't exist either.

There might be a degree of acausality.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Kratos killed her in the present, so it's just Resurrection.
emm.....Kratos only killed her after final battle with zeus which in the past.

The thing is that dying in the past, then becoming a ghost isn't TPI.

TPI would be dying in the past, but that event doesn't influence your future self

Kaltias said:
The thing is that dying in the past, then becoming a ghost isn't TPI.
TPI would be dying in the past, but that event doesn't influence your future self
so what would it be if that event influence your future self but not died ? non-corporeal ?

Resurrection -> Die but becomes a ghost

TPI -> Die but the future self isn't affected, so it lives its life as if the death never happened in the first place

hmm.. in that case i would say athena has very good resurrection. since her death happened in the past and she lives as ghost/non-corporeal beings in future.

I just checked on her profile; she already had resurrection since May 12

@Therefir, you are right; @Kaltias did mention she is like a ghost after her resurrection.

Back