• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Actor Composite Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
So...why can't we make a Bruce Lee or Jean Claude Van Damme Profile?
I agree with the deletion, for Bruce we can make a profile about his iconic role while for Van Damme, we have his Guile interpretation.

@Cal They're real-life people, can't do that. Like Dark said, we can only really make profiles for the characters they incarnate.

It'd probably more difficult than it's worth, otherwise I'd suggest adding limits rather than disallowing them completely. For example, the roles used in the Bruce Lee composite are fairly similar and it seems fair to think most of them are capable of similar feats. But for Schawzenegger, we obviously can't because there'll be huge disparities if we have to include Terminator, Conan, Last Action Hero, Mr. Freeze, etc.

If it's more difficult than it's worth, then simply don't make such profiles in the first place. It shouldn't be a reason to make an exception to our rules.

Just because something is spammed dosn't mean it should be banned. By that logic, anything that gets successful would be destroyed. Honestly, I feel that vs battles wiki's rules shouldn't be so strict. Personally, I support the allowance of anything that has feats and is the same character in the various forms. The main problem with the composite movie profiles is that actors play vastly different roles. I understand and agree with why this type of profile should be banned. It's kind of like meme profiles in a way. Different movies have actors in VASTLY different roles, and we probably shouldn't have to try so hard to get ones that are similar in all of their roles. Espesially since their similar in all they're roles a profile for only one would really be needed (The strongest one most likely). This isn't like Advertisement characters, Real Life composites or things like those. I want THOSE to be able to be on this wiki. But if one profile has different characters from different franchises that have no relation to another besides the actor who played the character as one singular character, I think we have a problem.

You do realize that Bruce Lee's films are not canonical to his life, therefore they are fiction. So why is him being a real person an issue all of a sudden? There's a difference between Peak Human Bruce Lee in the Big Boss and joke profile Tier Infinite Bruce Lee.

Also, there are still real life profiles (not counting the now-purged composites) that pass despite being well...from the "real" world.

As long as it doesn't break our system it should be fine.

These profiles are literally the composite version of an actor, a composite profile of all characters that actor had played. They definitely should be deleted.

Yes, they should be deleted for that reason alone, not because "oh it's Bruce Lee, he's a real person so we can't have it" as was stated earlier.

there could be an actual Bruce Lee page, but i doubt he would be 9-C cuz most times actors require some safety harnesses for stunts

Speaking of which, aren't Bruce lee's RL feats actually even more impressive than most of his movie feats? Like even on the Peak Human page, it says he was fast enough to move after images that the camera's couldn't record him properly and he had to slow down. Same with other feats such as punching through solid concrete or backlifting 2 tons (at the cost of breaking his back).

I have said to repurpose them into their real life selves or one of their most iconic characters, either would be kewl

I say you allow them, but only if necessary and relevant enough. Say you have an actor like Bruce Lee, that's a good thing to have because else you get a bunch of separate profiles with the same feats and fluff. What if there's an actor who's roles are all similar but there's only a few feats in each film so you have to put them together for the sake of a good page? Take Iko Uwais for example, his roles are similar enough to make this acceptable.

I agree with case-by-case basis.

And would composite Jackie Cha actually stomp composite Bruce Lee in this sense (in a hand-to-hand fight)?

Wouldn't Composite Jackie Chan inherently include this versio? Yeah, I'm surprised this thread didn't go through.

Again, I think it was generally agreed to get rid of the composite movie actors; Animated Jackie Chan is still great though.

Andytrenom said:
Looks like we never got around to actually fixing this issue...
Because we were divided between keeping them because the alternative is having 20 profiles for charcters who look the same, act the same, and have the same sort of feats, and not throwing together different characters because they look the same

I'm on the former

Looks like we have a new one

Tony Jaa (Composite Movie Version)

This thread really needs to get concluded. But should we continue this one or create another?

I agree with DMUA, let's keep the composite profiles, because otherwise we'd have a crap ton of other profiles with essentially similar feats.

We should remove their real life counterparts though from the feats in their profiles.

Also we should reaaaally have like a Real Life People Vs Battle Wiki. I wanna see stats for irl Bruce Lee and other irl people.

Btw the majority were in support that they violate our rules and should be removed. But, seeing as how this is a pretty old thread, it might be best to just create a new one and ask members to give their thoughts on the matter again.

For the record, I think that Saikou makes sense.

I want a composite Chow Yun Fat, Jet Li, Donnie Yen and Steven Chow as well, and a whole roster of Asian MA actors. That Tony Jaa profile could use some work.

That does not seem like a good idea. If would set a terrible precedent and result in lots of other actors getting their own pages here as well, which is not what this wiki is about.

While I agree with the OP in that these profiles contain a composite version of different fictional characters from different fictional worlds, which I am against BTW, the alternate option would be to have several profiles of the same looking character, with almost same feats and ratings which isn't an ideal option either.

There's an option that is troublesome to deal with and an option that basically spits in the face of this wiki's rules and regulations. To me it's not hard to pick which one should be chosen.

Andytrenom said:
There's an option that is troublesome to deal with and an option that basically spits in the face of this wiki's rules and regulations. To me it's not hard to pick which one should be chosen.
Ye, that's why I said I was against having different characters merged together. The alternate option is just not ideal, means it can be used for lack of a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back