• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding Erasure to Discords Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to add existence erasure on a physical level to Discord's profile. On the grounds that Discord has made objects dissapear. Now you may be thinking: "Wait aren't the things Discord makes poof away his creations?" Well yes, but I can think of at least 2 instances where Discord makes 2 things dissapear.

The first is "Keep Calm and Flutter On". Discord makes a frozen lake of water dissapear. Now is it true that Discord froze the water? Yes, but he did not create lake by itself. Meaning he took something that was not created by his magic, and made it dissapear as though it was. He also made the dam dissapear in that scene, amother object not sustained by his chaos magic.

In the second instance, he makes a random plundervine dissapear in "Princess Twilight Sparkle". This one is sketchy, yes they are Discord's creation, but they are independant of Discord's chaos, as they continued to exist after Discord got sealed in stone.

I was more focused on your other thread then but I think we can focus on this now since Ant doesn't seem to want to discuss the other one any further

Maybe?

It's not exactly inaccurate, but by the same ticket, the vast majority of mid-tier or above reality warpers have Existence Erasure, so we usually don't make note of it unless it's actually used as part of their arsenal.

Not entirely sure.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Maybe?

It's not exactly inaccurate, but by the same ticket, the vast majority of mid-tier or above reality warpers have Existence Erasure, so we usually don't make note of it unless it's actually used as part of their arsenal.

Not entirely sure.
Well I mean if they actually show it consistently enough, then I think it is good to use, and Discord seems pretty consistent with it.

There's probably other examples of Discord erasing stuff just can't really think of any off the top of my head if it's consistent enough then I feel it should be added as well

Well, we likely don't know for certain if he erased it, or if he simply teleported it away, or transformed it into air instead.

Antvasima said:
Well, we likely don't know for certain if he erased it, or if he simply teleported it away, or transformed it into air instead.
The thing is, Discord creates stuff out of nothing all the time. Erasure is the most likely answer because A: There is no point in hanging on to something troublesome like a lake of water, a beaver dam, or magic stealing vines. Also where would he teleport them to? He once deleted the stars from the night sky. Where is he going to put those things?

B: They all disappear in the exact same manner as they are created.

Well, there is a difference between creating matter out of nothing and creating it by transforming something else, but you do have a point. Maybe "Possibly Existence Erasure" is the safest option?

Wouldnt this mean we have to add existence erasure to other characters? One I can think of is Mr. Mxy who does this kind of stuff all the time yet he doesn't have erasure

Mxyzptlk should likely have it as well, yes.

Antvasima said:
Well, there is a difference between creating matter out of nothing and creating it by transforming something else, but you do have a point. Maybe "Possibly Existence Erasure" is the safest option?
I mean in "To Where and Back Again" Discord pretty explicitly calls it warping reality, not just altering the state of matter. He doesn't call it matter manipulation. Him deleting stars is definitely proof he is bending reality to put things into existence, and not just changing their current form.

TheSandman31 said:
Wouldnt this mean we have to add existence erasure to other characters? One I can think of is Mr. Mxy who does this kind of stuff all the time yet he doesn't have erasure
As long as they show it, then other reality warpers can do it.

Okay, I suppose that I am fine with existence erasure for Discord and Mxyzptlk then.

No, we do not link to forum threads within character profiles.

Is Discord locked, or just Mxyzptlk?

Antvasima said:
No, we do not link to forum threads within character profiles.

Is Discord locked, or just Mxyzptlk?
Ok

Don't know about Mxyzptlk, he might be. I know for sure Discord is, seeing as I just tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back