• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Addition to the Real Player (Minecraft)

It has already been established that the player can change the difficulty. In peaceful mode, normally hostile mobs such as the vindicator, piglins or shulker are completely passive. This should grant them Passive Mind Manipulation with a potency of infinite minds, since the Overworld, Nether, and End are all infinite, which would mean infinite vindicators , piglins, and shulkers being affected.

Not exactly, as the hostile entities don't join your side, they just don't attack you.
They do not have to.
"Making them their slave, right-hand-man or even just something who abides by their laws."

I disagree with its potency being infinite. The worlds are infinite, nowhere does it say their are infinite amount of people in these world.

This is definitely empathic manipulation since he making the mobs peaceful, not controlling them to not attack.

I disagree with its potency being infinite. The worlds are infinite, nowhere does it say their are infinite amount of people in these world.

This is definitely empathic manipulation since he making the mobs peaceful, not controlling them to not attack.
I disagree on both fronts. Mobs generate in every biome and there is no stretches of nothing like in a lot of fictional infinities, therefore there are infinite mobs which are generated across the infinite world.

As for empathic manipulation, I disagree simply because they will still attack other mobs, just not the player.

We can’t assume there is an infinite number of mobs because that is the definition of a NLF. It has to be proven that the infinite worlds have infinite life, and Minecraft only states the worlds are infinite.

empathic manipulation can make their emotions only care about a single person. They are calmed when in dealing with the player, that is controlling their emotions, its just somewhat crappy empathic manipulation.

We can’t assume there is an infinite number of mobs because that is the definition of a NLF. It has to be proven that the infinite worlds have infinite life, and Minecraft only states the worlds are infinite.
Yes, an infinite world, in which there are no portions where there is nothing, and there is always a biome where mobs always exist.
It's not a No Limits Fallacy, it's simple deductive reasoning. It's also completely reasonable since The Player is already at least 2-C.

There is actually a good reason to assume the mobs won’t be infinite (ignoring the NLF). Mobs in Minecraft are shown to increase their population by breeding, so it is a finite amount of beings increasing their population over a finite amount of time. Not every square inch of Earth has life on it so their is no reason to assume the entirety of the Minecraft worlds have life. Plus even if we assume (which we shouldn’t) the infinite worlds have infinite life, the player doesn’t need to effect everyone at once. They just need to effect those around them and since this site always uses low balls for this kind of thing the player should only scale to the max amount of enemies that naturally spawn on screen at a single time, which is like two dozen at best.

I don't have time to continue this debate at the moment but I'll be back later in the evening, could someone please contact supporting staff members for Minecraft, if they haven't already?

I loathe the existence of that key and everything that has allowed it to continue to exist. Thank you.

Back