• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Additional power for Saints and Gods: Summoning their cloths

Reviewing the SS franchise, there are quite a few times when they summon their cloths to them (provided the cloths are 'awakened" in the case of Gods with their kamuis)

It seems the bronze saints are the most limited by distance as they complain about not having it when it's being repaired but Shiryu summons his cloth from the bottom of the waterfall as he falls toward it. Summoning it again from a across the pavillion while fighting Aries Shion and Hyoga summons his from the ice ridge right before the Sancutary arc.

Gold Saints on the other hand, are masters of this. Gemini Saga summoning his to the pope room when it was in the Gemini Temple, Libra Dohko sending his to aid Aiolia in the Titans realm while he remained in China, Libra Dohko summoning it from China to Greece to fight Aries Shio, Leo Aiolia summoning his from Greece to America during Episode G, Scorpio Milo summoning his to deal with Chaos Camus, Libra Shiryu summoning his cloth to fight a gladiator, Libra Dohko sending his cloth from China to Greece during the Sanctuary arc, Aquarius Hyoga summoning his gold cloth to fight a Faceless One, Chaos Camus summoning his Aquarius God Cloth after coming back to life and many more examples found here: https://imgur.com/a/kz8x9WB

In that same link we see two examples of Gods doing it, though one is not at a great distance and the other is at an unknown distance.

Poseidon summoning his Scale to his body from across the room and Saori/Athena summoning her cloth from offscree

Kanon sent his over to the wailing wall so that Saga's spirit could use it.

This looks pretty damn consistent from what you posted.

I suggest adding the fact that Poseidon was able to remotely send 5 Gold Cloths while he was on the realm of the living and the cloths were on the other side of the wailing wall, making them cross the Hyperdimension and safely arrive at Elyison so that the Bronze Five could wear them during their fight with Hades' real body as the highest displayed level of this type of ability. Might be worth using as an awakened god baseline.

Maybe also keep in mind Minos' Griffon surplice was destroyed to an atomic level when he jumped into the hyperdimension, and the Bronze saints only survived because they had Athena's blood on their cloths. The judges of hell are usually depicted as notably stronger than Gold Saints, so the fact that Poseidon could stop the cloths from being destroyed whilst not even being there is probably worth mentioning.

Also he may or may not have been sealed in a jar at the time, I don't remember what the manga said about that.

However, I would also like to emphasize that gold cloths also have a form of their own will and that they can also make decisions, the case of Deathmask among all.

Regarding Poseidon, Hyperdimension and the gold cloths, I interpret it in this way: the cloths realize that the bronzes are in difficulty against Thanatos and they would like to help them, then Poseidon intervenes (taking possession of Julian briefly) the god does not send them but protects them from the Hyperdimension's side effects.

It's not simple when you're applying it tho...

But let's check how many people are agreeing with this. It's not very controversial a change, how many agreeing people do you think we need?

Bruce Reb said:
Kanon sent his over to the wailing wall so that Saga's spirit could use it.
This looks pretty damn consistent from what you posted.

I suggest adding the fact that Poseidon was able to remotely send 5 Gold Cloths while he was on the realm of the living and the cloths were on the other side of the wailing wall, making them cross the Hyperdimension and safely arrive at Elyison so that the Bronze Five could wear them during their fight with Hades' real body as the highest displayed level of this type of ability. Might be worth using as an awakened god baseline.

Maybe also keep in mind Minos' Griffon surplice was destroyed to an atomic level when he jumped into the hyperdimension, and the Bronze saints only survived because they had Athena's blood on their cloths. The judges of hell are usually depicted as notably stronger than Gold Saints, so the fact that Poseidon could stop the cloths from being destroyed whilst not even being there is probably worth mentioning.

Also he may or may not have been sealed in a jar at the time, I don't remember what the manga said about that.
Added both. Thank you.

ILeonida85 said:
However, I would also like to emphasize that gold cloths also have a form of their own will and that they can also make decisions, the case of Deathmask among all.
Regarding Poseidon, Hyperdimension and the gold cloths, I interpret it in this way: the cloths realize that the bronzes are in difficulty against Thanatos and they would like to help them, then Poseidon intervenes (taking possession of Julian briefly) the god does not send them but protects them from the Hyperdimension's side effects.
IIRC it is stated that Poseidon sent them however. We may need some scans to corroborate.

You're right in the English version it is said that it was Poseidon who sent them, but I don't trust Viz, I should re-read my edition but it is kept under several boxes ...

Thanatos said without a God's power, coming to the Elysium from Hell is impossible.

And last time I checked the raw, it also said the Gold Cloths are coming by Poseidon's power.

Thanatos' words refer to the fact that the Hyperdimension destroys everything that is not divine or has the blessing of a god, in fact the 4 bronzes managed to reach the Elysium thanks to the blood of Athena and Ikki to Pandora's bracelet; instead Minos despite being one of the most important specters of the Hades army is destroyed instantly

Bump

And, I agree that the gold saints can summon the cloths, but there are occasions when cloths make autonomous decisions (that whether depends on the cosmos of the previous holder or on its own will ) for example: whenever the sagittarius' cloth helped Seiya, Cancer's cloth left Deathmask, when the gold cloths helped Seiya, Shiryu and Hyoga in Poseidon arc and when the gold cloths wanted to help the bronzes against Thanatos.

Back