• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Additions for Uvogin and possible additions for all Nen users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of HxH profiles are barebones af. I will try to change it, and I'll start with Uvogin. This is my first time attempting to revise something so please don't roast me too much.

First, anyone who can use Ren should automatically have Fear Manipulation and Statistic Amplification, and if we take the statement where you can paralyze or even kill a non Nen user with Ren alone, this could be limited Paralysis Inducement and Death Manipulation. Ten would mean Resistance to Fear Manipulation. Zetsu and In could be considered Stealth Mastery as it completely conceals a user's presence and with In, Uvogin was able to sneak up on Kurapika . Anyone who can use Ken, Ko, or Ryu should have Statistic Amplification as it amps their AP and Durability and can shift the amount of Nen to whatever part of their bodies. Anyone who can use Gyo should have Enhanced Senses as they can see Nen that would otherwise be hidden with Zetsu or In. Hisoka in particular has the best feats (for a human at least) as he's detected people who could flawlessly use Zetsu such as Kalluto Zoldyck, and Nobunaga asked if Hisoka was a monster because of that. All En users should have Psychometry. En users can tell whether someone has passed the barrier the moment they touch it. Shu enhances an object that a person holds, but I'm not sure what power this would be.

It's safe to assume that all Phantom Troupe members can at least use the 4 basic principles of Nen. Someone who only knows the 4 basics is considered to be a newbie, and the Troupe is considered to be among the most skilled and powerful Nen users in the world. Without mastery of the 4 basics, it's impossible to learn more advanced Nen techniques.

Powers and Abilities: (The ones he currently has)

Superhuman Physical Characteristics: Obvious.

Nen Manipulation: When is Nen getting its own page again?

Statistics Amplification: Again, obvious. Should apply to his AP and his Durability, as he can use Ko and Ken respectively to boost either of those stats.

Aura: Obvious. His aura is shown to be clear and immensely powerful. The anime shows that activating his full power shattered part of a cliff.

Proficient Martial Artist: Again, obvious. He easily fodderized hundreds of Mafia members sent after him by himself and was able to hurt Kurapika multiple times in their fight. Franklin Bordeau compared the fight to a gorilla stomping ants.

Immense Pain Resistance: This one I'm not too sure on. I thought this applied to people who can have their limbs torn off without even flinching. Uvogin clearly shows signs of pain multiple times. Well, he didn't even flinch when Kurapika broke his nose so there's that I guess.

My suggested additions:

Sound Manipulation: Killed Porcupine, a Shadow Beast member, by shouting. The anime also shows that his scream was so loud that it shook the area he was in and made a hot air balloon fall from a cliff. The Phantom Troupe members also acknowledged that his scream would've hurt them too, even though they were at a good distance away from Uvogin. A Shadow Beast isn't exactly fodder either, they're incredibly powerful Nen users in their own right, which only further showcases Uvogin's ludicrous strength.

Regenerationn (Low): Stopped the bleedings inflicted by Rabid Dog in seconds. By the time he fights Kurapika, his injuries are practically nonexistent.

Minor Resistance to Poison Manipulation: Took longer for Rabid Dog's paralyzing poison to affect Uvogin but he still succumbed in a few moments so it's minor.

Immense Willpower: Was unshaken by being taken hostage and knowing he was about to be tortured. Also decided to die instead of betraying the Troupe to Kurapika. Kurapika even notes his incredible willpower.

His AP looks fine, his Big Bang Impact Calc appears to be linked, but it'd be nice if Bonolenov's calc was also linked.

Speed I guess is accurate but some feats that could go with it: Caught a bullet shot at point-blank with his teeth casually. Uvogin also dodged Kurapika's Chain Jail which takes effect in 0.5 seconds. He also slaughtered hundreds of mafia members in minutes.

Lifting and Striking looks good.

Durability: A Sniper shot annoys him at most. It says shotgun, but it's clearly a rifle. Someone in the translating team done goofed. No sold a bazooka blast. Uvogin feels insulted being compared to a tank. The mafia members also claim the shot would one shot a tank. His aura broke a sword and sent the piece flying.

Stamina: Why does he need powerscaling when he has some of the best Stamina feats in the entire Troupe? He fought hundreds of Mafia members without tiring, killed 4 Shadow Beasts while paralyzed from the neck down, and after escaping his bonds, tirelessly searched for Kurapika and after he found him fought a battle to the death.

Range is good. He threw a Shu-enhanced rock at a Sniper who was presumably hundreds of meters away.

Equipment is spelled incorrectly. Someone spelled it as "Equipament"

Intelligence: Exceptional Nen user and highly skilled brawler, Average otherwise. He has shown to be exceptionally skilled with his Nen, with his best feat being able to kill 4 highly proficient Nen users while paralyzed from the neck down. He is also analytical and has high knowledge about Nen and how it works, shown from his battle with Kurapika. Average comes from outside fighting, where he's generally portrayed as one of the least intelligent PT member, not knowing how to track the Nostrade family with a computer and assuming that there was a traitor among the Troupe right off the bat after seeing an empty safe. (Hisoka was indeed a traitor however he was not responsible for the Mafia moving the treasure to another place)

Also, the following characters should have Genius intellect: Killua Zoldyck, Kurapika, Hisoka Morow, Ging Freeccs, Pariston Hill, and Chrollo Lucilfer, and the following should have At Least Gifted, possibly Genius: Neferpitou (Created a chemical lab just a few days after birth just from reading books) and Shaiapouf (Claims himself to be the smartest of the Royal Guard, however, much like Asuka from NGE, his emotional instability and extreme psychosis hinders this)

Finally, Weaknesses: None notable? Nah, he has definitely showed plenty of them. He's overconfident, arrogant, and extremely prideful. His pride was great enough where he insisted on hunting Kurapika instead of leaving Yorknew, which led to his demise. His overconfidence led to him underestimating Kurapika TWICE and allowed Kurapika to get his chain attacks on him. And finally, his fierce loyalty. When cornered, he would rather die than give up his comrades. Finally, as an Enhancer, Chrollo has said that he would have the most trouble against a Manipulator or a Conjurer.

What do you think?

"Shu enhances an object that a person holds, but I'm not sure what power this would be." This is just Statistics Amplification i think.

I agree with all of this. Nice job.

Ren is also Statistics Amplification, isn't it?

Quoting only some for brevity: https://hunterxhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Nen#Re

Re (þÀ┤Òâ¼Òâ│, Re; "Refine"/"Enhance") focuses on outputting a larger amount of aura than Te, projecting it outwards explosively.[3] This amplifies the user's physical strength and durability and provides a large pool of aura for any advanced techniques or individual skills they decide to use, albeit at the cost of expending said aura.

Ren's Fear Manipulation can supposedly induce paralysis/death on non-Nen users.

By tingeing one's Re with hostility, a Nen user can exert what is colloquially referred to as "bloodlust". A prolonged emission of malicious Re can induce uncontrollable dread in those who cannot use Nen, paralysis and, if contrasted without Te, even death. On the other hand, a neutral Re can rarely be felt by non-users.

That's a fantastic point, @Imaginym. Ren would indeed be considered Stat Amp then, and this could possibly even be limited Paralysis Inducement/Death Manipulation. Obviously, it only works on characters of their own tier. We wouldn't want people to say Meruem can beat a Tier 4 because 'hurr durr' Nen crush.

Thank you. And yeah, LordUrien935. Also, I wouldn't say Zetsu is all good.

https://hunterxhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Nen#Zetsu Paraphrasing/Quoting Wiki, some chapter citations omitted:

• Unlike Ten, which stops aura leakage, Zetsu stops aura flow out of body altogether; It closes all the Aura Nodes to halt outflow "like water from a valve". This makes their presence "much harder or even impossible to sense". (Stealth Mastery, mostly against Chi Manipulation based senses?)
  • Shutting off the nodes in their eyes prevents the user from being able to see aura, but, since they are no longer surrounded by their own aura, they become more sensitive to the aura of others.The enhancement in perception is such that Zetsu can counter I, although it is not advised to employ it this way. (Zetsu prevents seing aura, makes user more sensitive to aura of others, & can even counter the "In" technique useage of Nen.)
  • Aside from the five senses being effective, particularly perceptive individuals are capable of detecting the gaze of another perso, although they might not manage to discern the position and number of onlookers. (Hunter ├ù Hunter - Volume 10, Chapter 90) (Another type of Enhanced Senses, maybe not exclusive to nen users.)
  • If Zetsu is used within a certain range from a Nen user, that Nen user might notice their presence disappearing, especially if the Zetsu user's aura is powerful.
  • Despite the technique not affecting vision directly, activating Zetsu in front of someone else will give them the impression the user has turned transparent. (Hunter ├ù Hunter - Volume 10, Chapter 90)
  • Zetsu can also be used to relieve fatigue, since it forces the body's external layer of aura to be fully contained within.
  • However, for the same reason it can be dangerous due to it leaving the body defenseless against any aura attack. Even a weak attack enhanced with Nen could do massive damage. (Hunter ├ù Hunter - Volume 6, Chapter 50) Since even the thin protection offered by Te is gone, a Zetsu user is particularly susceptible also to hostile emotional attacks, (Hunter ├ù Hunter - Volume 35, Chapter 361) resulting in their mind becoming as vulnerable as their body.

TL;DR - Zetsu prevents outwards flow of aura, helps relieve fatigue, lowers defenses against aura attacks, & apparently makes them vulnerable to emotional attacks. It makes the user look transparent if used in front of someone, makes them more sensitive to others' auras, & prevents the user seeing aura, since they've shut off the aura nodes in their eyes.

I still believe it's just good old fashioned stealth mastery, not just from Nen-enhanced senses. An example would be Killua demonsrating Zetsu to Leorio, who knew only Ten up to that point in the story, and Leorio stated that he could not sense Killua at all.

The 2'nd point kind of sounds like stat amp for the eyes.

Hisoka is one of the particularly perceptive individuals mentioned. He easily has the best Zetsu detecting feats in the entire series. The one time where he didn't detect Zetsu was when Gon was trailing him in the Hunter's Exam and Gon is a prodigy at Nen.

Yeah I remember when Kastro sensed Killua coming up the elevator.

The 5'th point could be limited invisibility? A bit of a stretch though.

The 6'th point sounds interesting, but right now, I'm at a loss as to what exactly that ability is called.

The second point is kind of the opposite, IIRC. It's saying in Zetsu, the aura nodes, including those in the eyes are shut off, & hence, the user cannot see aura with their eyes. However, the user in Zetsu is more sensitive to FEELING aura of others, because of their own not flowing out.

IIRC, seeing Nen, especially with Gyo, is based on focusing some aura at the eyes.

The 6th point, I'd say, is a weakness; A nen user is more vulnerable to aura attacks in Zetsu because in HxH, even those who don't know to use Nen still HAVE nen, & it's a thin layer around their bodies.

Since Zetsu keeps all the aura INSIDE the body, or at least, have none flowing outside, they have even less protection from aura-based attacks than non-nen-users while using Zetsu.

@EmperorDoom25: Any opinion on the further contents of this thread? Asking now in the event you'll be a bit too busy to contribute further to this thread later on.

Ok, about Zetsu:

It should definitely be Stealth Mastery, but there is a thing. As LordUrien said earlier, it should be able to hide the user's presence from non-users too. In the episode 28, Wing-sensei stated that all human beings have and emanate a vital force through their bodies (Nen, but weak). Zetsu users can hide that too, so stealth mastery for both cases.

About the fatigue relief, it should be Body Control

BUT.....how would we treat the Zetsu weaknesses in the versus board? Like, a character using Zetsu is more vulnerable to attacks, yes, but to what degree?

About In:

"In (ÚÜ▒ÒéñÒâ│, In; "Conceal") is an advanced form of Zetsu used to render one's aura imperceptible, effectively concealing it. Unlike Zetsu, however, In does not stop the user's aura flow; instead, it hides it,[28]making it impossible to perceive with any of the five senses or extrasensorial perception. Hence, this technique is perfect for launching sneak attacks or laying traps, as it can conceal not only the user's presence, but also Nen constructs generated with Transmutation, or Conjuration."

This would also fall at Stealth Mastery (and a more efficient one), but turning specific things invisible (like Kurapika's chains) should be Limited/Partial Invisibility imo

I suppose that this seems to make sense. You should preferably use the Hunter X Hunter verse page to find members to ask to comment here though.

I was ask to comment here. From what I read, the OP seems fine, to me.

Oh, I just remembered, all Ten users should have Longevity as Ten maintains youthful vigor and reduces aging as your aura no longer leaks away.

Based on current input, Uvogin's powers and abilities should look something like this:

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Nen Manipulation (Enhancer), Fear Manipulation, Limited Paralysis Inducement, and Limited Death Manipulation with Re, (It has been stated that without Ten, a Nen user is capable of paralyzing or even outright killing someone with aura alone) Longevity and Resistance to Fear Manipulation with Te, (Ten maintains youthful vigor by preventing aura from leaking away and protects users from hostile shows of Ren) Stealth Mastery and Body Control with Zetsu, (Zetsu shuts off all aura nodes in the body, completely concealing a user's presence and also relieves fatigue as aura is forced to stay inside) Limited Invisibility with I, (Uvogin was able to sneak up on Kurapika using In, and later, Kurapika used In to trick Uvogin into being tied up by his chains) Energy Projection (?) with Hatsu, (Hatsu is used to project one's aura) Statistic Amplification with Ren, Ten, Ko, Ken, Shu, and Ryu. (Can use Nen for offensive or defensive boosts, and some even lets the user balance it out) Enhanced Senses with Gyo, (Can see Nen constructs that would otherwise be invisible to the naked eye) Psychometry with E, (En users can detect someone the moment they make contact with the En barrier, Aura (His aura is shown to be clear and immensely powerful) Proficient Martial Artist, (Stomped hundreds of Mafia members sent after the Troupe, with Franklin Bordeau comparing his fight to a gorilla stomping ants) High Pain Tolerance (Did not flinch when Kurapika broke his nose while in Emperor Time) Sound Manipulation, (Killed a Shadow Beast member by shouting) Regenerationn (Low), (Healed his injuries from the Shadow Beast and Kurapika in a single night) Minor Resistance to Poison Manipulation, (Took longer for Rabid Dog's fast-acting paralysis poison to affect Uvogin) Immense Willpower (Was unshaken by being taken hostage and the prospect of being tortured, was willing to die rather than betray the Troupe, with Kurapika even noting his immense will)

It all sould good although I kinda more think that Body Control is something that only Tranmuters can effectively do. Machi is a good example

I think that most of this is fine. Though we should talk about how Ren's fear manip would interact with characters from another verse. If verses are equalized, do we just assume that anyone who fights a HxH character gets parylized from fear?

VersusJunkie54 said:
I think that most of this is fine. Though we should talk about how Ren's fear manip would interact with characters from another verse. If verses are equalized, do we just assume that anyone who fights a HxH character gets parylized from fear?
Only if the HxH character uses Ren offensively, I guess

VersusJunkie54 said:
Would it also be reasonable to assume for 'verse-Equalization purposes that Chi Manipulation users are like Nen-users?

Also, with this variety of powers, I'm wondering if Nen should have its own page. In theory, you could do something like "A, B & C via Nen Manipulation (Able to use X, Y & Z Nen techniques.)".

There's several basic & advanced nen abilities which as we've brought up, give a few abilities just for knowing them, so just listing what powers someone gets from nen & which arts they can use could make the Powers & Abilities section much more brief.

Obviously, individual feats of nen useage can also probably be noted. Perhaps in the P&A section, or a Feats section.

For Phantom Troupe members, we could add a note which says something like:

"While some Phantom Troupe members have not explicitly demonstrated all 4 of the basic principles of Nen, it is highly likely that they can use it, as most Phantom Troupe members have demonstrated more advanced Nen techniques, and without mastery of the 4 basics, it's impossible to learn more advanced techniques."

LordUrien935 said:
For Phantom Troupe members, we could add a note which says something like:

"While some Phantom Troupe members have not explicitly demonstrated all 4 of the basic principles of Nen, it is highly likely that they can use it, as most Phantom Troupe members have demonstrated more advanced Nen techniques, and without mastery of the 4 basics, it's impossible to learn more advanced techniques."
This seems to make sense.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
It all sould good although I kinda more think that Body Control is something that only Tranmuters can effectively do. Machi is a good example
Illumi has body control I think (he was able to force his body to sleep for 5 days straight during the Exam) and he's a Manipulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back