• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz's speed (and yet again . . .)

Nothing to do with any new speed feat, just how fast he is compared to the others.

So, Albedo has that supersonic feat, and Ainz got supersonic reaction speed by scaling from Shalltear, who's faster than Albedo. Thing is, from what I can tell, Ainz can't even react to Albedo if she tries to blitz him. From Volume 8:

"Ainz looked at Albedo, who was standing in silence. It was difficult to tell what expression she was making because her long hair was covering the face. But the fact she was trembling ever so slightly made him afraid. It resembled a volcano brimming with rage right before the eruption.
"What is it, Albedo?"
In that moment—
"—Ku. Ha!"
—Ainz's field of vision suddenly shifted, and he felt something hit his back.
It did not hurt, since Ainz would only take damage from something with magical properties. It was just a shock light enough to tell him that he hit something in the back, but nothing that was close to being painful. However, the reaction of Ainz's human side made him blink his lidless eyes for a second.
The situation was so sudden that Ainz could not think clearly for a moment. Since his undead mind was immune to confusion, it must have been Suzuki Satoru who was flustered.
"Mm, umm."

When he opened his eyes, the Eight Edge Assassins came into view. Ainz understood that he was somehow lying on the floor and tried to get up, but he could barely move due to something soft and mysterious holding him down.

How is this possible? I have restrain resistance and other movement hindrance resistance items. The moment I was completely immobilized, I should have been freed...

This means the opponent has a high level restrain skill! Ainz looked at the creature that was trying to restrain him and confirmed that it was Albedo, as he had suspected."

Albedo tackles Ainz to the ground while he's looking straight at her. Moves so fast that he can't even see her, and he has no idea of who even hit him in the first place.

Regarding how he managed to keep up with Shalltear, he did cast a ton of buffs before the fight, one of them might increase his speed. Don't think he's on that level without being amped tho.

What you guys think?

I think Albedo only managed to tackle Ainz because she caught him of guard Ainz clearly wasen't expecting her to do something like that.If Ainz was on guard and completaly prepared then Albedo probably whouldn't have been able to blitz him that easily at least thats what i think.

The problem is that he was looking directly at her, and he still failed to even perceive her moving. Even while off guard, he should still be able to at least see her before she hit him if he was comparable in reactions.

Albedo's higher agility stat combined with the fact that Ainz was caught off guard chould provide an explenation as to how Albedo managed to blitz him.Its not impossible for a character to blitz another one eiven if their speeds are comparable.

If you can't even see someone moving, you're certainly not as fast as them. Her having higher agility just means she's faster than him, no? Which is kinda my point here.

As i said it is entierly possible for a character to blitz another one eiven if they have comparable speed.Aslo Ainz was caught completaly of guard by Albedo and wasent at all prepared for her to suddenly tackle him its highly unlikely that the same whould accur if Ainz was fully on his guard and expecting Albedo to tackle him.Finaly yes Albedo it slightly faster than Ainz seeing as she has an agility stat of 60 while Ainz's is 40 however the diference is not really all that big.

How can you be unable to even see someone else moving if you're as fast as them? That doesn't make sense.

I never said Ainz was as fast as Albedo in fact i said the exact apposite its just that the diference in speed is not all that big.A slight advantage in speed as well as the apponent being of guard is more than enough for someone to blitz in Ainz's case this didnt eiven happen during a fight so the last thing he was expecting was for someone to sudenly tackle him.Also i wanna mention that Ainz and Shalltear have been upgrated to hypersonic.

Back