• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aku Upgrades Samurai Jack (Verse)

I recently came across the missing haxes and skills of Aku, the iconic villain of the 2000s, and thought they should be added.
Now let's move on to adding the missing haxes.

HAXES:

INVULNERABILITY:In the series, we saw that Aku was not damaged except by Jack's sword, which contains divine powers or goodness, and Aku himself said this.

DISEASE MANIPULATION:Aku's Sneeze caused Jack to transform into an evil villain similar to Aku, and it was said to be an infection.

RESURRECTION:Aku resurrected Cronus.

CORROSION INDUCEMENT and DECONSTRUCTION:Aku first decays and then deconstructs Scootsman's old body.

EARTH MANIPULATION:Shown in the Battle scene with Samurai.

INORGANIC PHYSIOLOGY:Aku is a Dark mass, and his body exhibits an acidic nature that melts ordinary weapons.

HIVE MIND (TIP1 AND TIP2):He showed Type 1 against Jack's father and Type 2 when he made a psychologist out of himself.

SUMMON AND ILLUSION CREATION:He brought Demongo and created an illusion of Jack.

RAGE POWER:Increases Fever When Angry.

POSSESION and BODY PUPPETRY:Aku captured Ashi and made her do bad things.

STATISTICS AMPLIFICATION
:Made the Soul Witch Grow in Size during her Fight with Jack.

ABSORPTION:He allowed Demongo's body to be absorbed into the crystal.

FUSIONISM:Combined 2 robots.

FATE MANIPULATION:It was shown that Jack would face the Guardian in the future and win and use the time gate, and the guard said that this was a prophecy, but it was said that all the portals were destroyed by Aku in the 50-year interval and the guard's glasses were lying on the ground broken.

ATTACK REFLECTION:Aku can reflect things like arrows and spears thrown at it.

BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL:In the Order Episode, Aku says that he is inside a computer and shows the intro of the series in the episode.

CORRUPTION AND CURSE MANIPULATION:It was said that Aku was behind the power of Ozric Well. The Well led 3 archers to corruption and this power was said to be cursed.

EXISTENCE ERASURE:Ashi came with the portal and destroyed Ashi in Time Pocket. Ashi was stated to have Aku's powers, and she did it with those powers.

Last edited:
Invulnerability is more like durability hax that what Aku does
Invulnerability is the power to be immune to conventional harm.

Characters with such powers may simply be unaffected by normal attacks, necessitating the use of things like Durability Negation to get through. Others have more conditional invulnerability, such as one that just prevents harm from conventional weaponry, but can be easily circumvented by supernatural abilities. It can be considered the defensive equivalent of Durability Negation, negating simple Attack Potency, though one should be careful not to apply No Limits Fallacy.
Like the sword and other attacks will effect Aku (apologies for the meme video), they just don't do any lasting damage. In addition he's been defeated before like with the Goddess of Water, though I guess that may just count as his weakness to Divine/Holy power.
The second link is an Adventure Time cartoon. But to me this isn't Disease Manipulation. To quote the episode:
Aku's very essence is creeping through your veins... possessing your body, poisoning your mind. lt means to devour your spirit.
This is corruption and not disease manipulation.
I don't believe that's resurrection. Cronus was thrown onto a rock by Zeus and when wielding those artifacts he looked much different. That's not Cronus being resurrected (he's not dead afterall), that's just the cosmic force that the Titan's gear makes. To add once the gem is taken the construct just fades away, which wouldn't happen with a God. Just look at Ra when it comes down.
That's just a cartoon vaporization thing with his heat vision. Though he should get those powers its not due to this feat but stuff like weapons being destroyed when touched by Aku.
Alright
The first feat is not by Aku, but by the Nameless Evil which Aku is a mere shard of. Though the second feat is fine and Aku would get this imo.
Aku only shows Type 1. Type 2 is strictly about different personalities. Aku is the same being in different bodies.
Illusion Creation is fine, but Summoning just looks like Demongo just rolled up to Aku.
That's at best fire manipulation. Not rage power.
Both of these feel like Corruption more so than possession/body puppetry.
Alright
I can't speak Spanish and I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to imply here. If anything this would be sealing and not absorption.
This is probably more Tech-Manipulation than fusionism since they're robots of similar make.
Episode 43 has the following statement:
All factors of time and existence converge here... and form an interdimensional nexus... which we gaze into to study... the infinite facets of reality.
How I read it is that there's different futures that can happen at any point. This wouldn't be Fate Manipulation as much as Aku's actions getting rid of a possible future of Jack imo.
I'm not entirely sure if that's attack reflection, because he doesn't really reflect anything. He absorbs it and then spits the arrows back out.
The former isn't breaking the Fourth Wall, that's just him saying that his name is in the pizza computer system. The second may count but its also a propaganda video so it could just be an in-universe thing.
Blowing someone up isn't existence erasure.

No, as shown here (Ashi and Jack are fighting before the scene, unfortunately I couldn't find the video, but the episode name is Season 5, Episode 9) Ashi is completely Akun's puppet
That's not body puppeteering. Aku needed to give a verbal command to have her stop attacking Jack and the entire is Aku corrupting Ashi through her blood connection with him. In addition, to quote the page:
Body Puppetry is the ability to control the body or bodies of others. Unlike its counterparts Mind Manipulation and Possession, it does not work off controlling the mind or inhabiting a body, rather it functions by controlling another's body directly from a distance without affecting the soul or mind. However, the end result is often extremely similar, so it can often be confused as either the aforementioned abilities, even in-verse.
Aku corrupting her and making her subservient, but it's not Body Puppetry.

Like the sword and other attacks will effect Aku (apologies for the meme video), they just don't do any lasting damage. In addition he's been defeated before like with the Goddess of Water, though I guess that may just count as his weakness to Divine/Holy power.

The second link is an Adventure Time cartoon. But to me this isn't Disease Manipulation. To quote the episode:

I don't believe that's resurrection. Cronus was thrown onto a rock by Zeus and when wielding those artifacts he looked much different. That's not Cronus being resurrected (he's not dead afterall), that's just the cosmic force that the Titan's gear makes. To add once the gem is taken the construct just fades away, which wouldn't happen with a God. Just look at Ra when it comes down.

That's just a cartoon vaporization thing with his heat vision. Though he should get those powers its not due to this feat but stuff like weapons being destroyed when touched by Aku.

Alright

The first feat is not by Aku, but by the Nameless Evil which Aku is a mere shard of. Though the second feat is fine and Aku would get this imo.

Aku only shows Type 1. Type 2 is strictly about different personalities. Aku is the same being in different bodies.

Illusion Creation is fine, but Summoning just looks like Demongo just rolled up to Aku.

Alright

I can't speak Spanish and I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to imply here. If anything this would be sealing and not absorption.

This is probably more Tech-Manipulation than fusionism since they're robots of similar make.

How I read it is that there's different futures that can happen at any point. This wouldn't be Fate Manipulation as much as Aku's actions getting rid of a possible future of Jack imo.

I'm not entirely sure if that's attack reflection, because he doesn't really reflect anything. He absorbs it and then spits the arrows back out.

The former isn't breaking the Fourth Wall, that's just him saying that his name is in the pizza computer system. The second may count but its also a propaganda video so it could just be an in-universe thing.

First of all, I apologize, there was a wrong connection error, I'm sorry, I just came here and noticed it.

This is corruption and not

Alright

Alright

It has been said many times that in order to damage aku in general, it is necessary to have divine powers or the virtue of goodness. The robot made a few hits on aku, but it was not enough to damage him.

Secondly, there was a mistake in the clip, I apologize again, but these things happened in the episode because Aku was sick, so I thought there must be disease manipulation.

resurrection is fair

 Aku's eye beams are multi-purpose. It can seal with beam, discharge electricity, discharge energy, and teleport.

He summons Demongo from his own well.

I deliberately included the black mass example because they are the same in origin and structure.

 hive mind is fair.

 The fact that it happens when you are angry supports this being the power of rage.

He made Ashi do things she doesn't want, yes it seems like corruption, but with the words of control of her body, Aku is dominant.

He absorbed Demongo's life essence into the crystal and complies with this absorption.

He combines 2 robots and the result is fusionism.

As a prophecy, Jack's future was already certain. Aku prevented this, and another evidence that I forgot to put was that in the game, Aku stated that he controlled Jack's fate.

Attack Reflection is fair

4.wall awareness is fair

In the wiki it is stated that Ashi destroys other Ashi, and clearly she destroys them so that nothing is left behind.

Last edited:
It has been said many times that in order to damage aku in general, it is necessary to have divine powers or the virtue of goodness. The robot made a few hits on aku, but it was not enough to damage him.
Aku shouts in response to getting hit at times. I just think that his regen/non-organic body renders him immune to most damage rather than straight up invulnerability which is being incapable of being harmed in general.
Secondly, there was a mistake in the clip, I apologize again, but these things happened in the episode because Aku was sick, so I thought there must be disease manipulation.
I get you.
Aku's eye beams are multi-purpose. It can seal with beam, discharge electricity, discharge energy, and teleport.
I get that aspect, I was just saying that the eye beam feat provided wouldn't be Deconstruction/Corrosion inducement. Just standard cartoon incineration. He should have those powers but for different reasons.
He summons Demongo from his own well.
Can you provide a clip?
I deliberately included the black mass example because they are the same in origin and structure.
They are, but the Ultimate Evil is also much more powerful than Aku. So I don't think downscaling like that is the best idea.
The fact that it happens when you are angry supports this being the power of rage.
Aku is generally angry or gets angry easily. Rage power specifically is getting a power boost from anger, which I don't see here.
He made Ashi do things she doesn't want, yes it seems like corruption, but with the words of control of her body, Aku is dominant.
That's still corruption rather than body puppetry as explained above.

He absorbed Demongo's life essence into the crystal and complies with this absorption.
Putting Demongo in a skull isn't absorption, especially when Demongo comes back later on iirc.
He combines 2 robots and the result is fusionism.
I guess it may count.
As a prophecy, Jack's future was already certain. Aku prevented this, and another evidence that I forgot to put was that in the game, Aku stated that he controlled Jack's fate.
I'm still not entirely sure that's Fate manipulation, since in both circumstances Aku just fails at stopping Jack.
In the wiki it is stated that Ashi destroys other Ashi, and clearly she destroys them so that nothing is left behind.
EE requires like, completely removing their physical form in every way. Typically you need a statement to get that rather than just blowing someone up.

Aku shouts in response to getting hit at times. I just think that his regen/non-organic body renders him immune to most damage rather than straight up invulnerability which is being incapable of being harmed in general.

I get you.

I get that aspect, I was just saying that the eye beam feat provided wouldn't be Deconstruction/Corrosion inducement. Just standard cartoon incineration. He should have those powers but for different reasons.

Can you provide a clip?

They are, but the Ultimate Evil is also much more powerful than Aku. So I don't think downscaling like that is the best idea.

Aku is generally angry or gets angry easily. Rage power specifically is getting a power boost from anger, which I don't see here.

Putting Demongo in a skull isn't absorption, especially when Demongo comes back later on iirc.

I guess it may count.

I'm still not entirely sure that's Fate manipulation, since in both circumstances Aku just fails at stopping Jack.

EE requires like, completely removing their physical form in every way. Typically you need a statement to get that rather than just blowing someone up.
We will not be able to reach a conclusion in the first one.

 Do we agree on the disease now?

In the third one, there should be at least deconstruction and it was brought down to its smallest pieces.

(1:16) I'm sorry, I couldn't find the original voice-over, but these are the same lines.

Yes, Ultimate Evil is stronger, but I was saying that there is a black mass in both of them.

so let there be corruption

He absorbed Demongo's essence and coming back will give him regeneration.

Jack's fate was to use the guardian's portal, as shown in the scene, but Aku prevented this fate and destroyed the guardian's portal.

I stated what the wiki wrote, so what should we give to this?

Do we agree on the disease now?
Its not a disease, its spiritual corruption as the episode states.
In the third one, there should be at least deconstruction and it was brought down to its smallest pieces.
It does not, as the page states:
Note: Natural side effects from powers, such as Energy Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation, and other abilities that can produce enough energy output to destroy or dismantle objects, do not mean that characters automatically qualify for this ability, unless the abilities in question specifically and directly focus on deconstruction in itself, rather than as a consequence.
The eye beams are an energy attack that incinerates the Scotsman. But that doesn't give them deconstruction.

I'm sorry, I couldn't find the original voice-over, but these are the same lines.
Summoning is fine then.
He absorbed Demongo's essence and coming back will give him regeneration.
I'm not really sure there.
Jack's fate was to use the guardian's portal, as shown in the scene, but Aku prevented this fate and destroyed the guardian's portal.
There's different futures that can or can't happen. Aku stopping one does not give him fate manipulation.
I stated what the wiki wrote, so what should we give to this?
Its just an energy beam that blows other Aishi up. But its not EE.

Its not a disease, its spiritual corruption as the episode states.

It does not, as the page states:

The eye beams are an energy attack that incinerates the Scotsman. But that doesn't give them deconstruction.

Summoning is fine then.

I'm not really sure there.

There's different futures that can or can't happen. Aku stopping one does not give him fate manipulation.

Its just an energy beam that blows other Aishi up. But its not EE.
Well, while our CRT discussion is still ongoing, let me present another argument.
(7:01) Aku States that Jack Controls His Fate.

If you go a little further behind the scene I posted, you will see Demongo being torn apart by the others and absorbing Aku's essence into the crystal.

(35:47) this is body puppetry

Last edited:

I get you.

Can you provide a clip?

I guess it may count.

And preventing a certain prophecy must be a manipulation of fate.

In context it's him telling Jack it's because he's in-between time and nothing is as it seems. Everything is under Aku's control in that realm. It's not a Fate Manipulation statement.

Yeah that's closer to body puppetry.
What should be given to Aku that everything is under Aku's control?

Alright

Alright

Aku's screaming and pain is the pain manipulation and they still can't get over its durability. It is invulnerability

Last edited:
It's just mind manipulation and corruption

The robot doesn't have pain manipulation, it just punches hard. They can't do permanent damage to Aku but they can hurt him.
mind manipulation? I expected you to say time manipulation, creating a portal (enabling temporal transitions).

Alright

Alright

Aku kill ashi (31:22) and aku resurrect ashi (35:25) receives resurrection from here.

Jack stabbed her and then Aku corrupted her which in turn healed the damage. It's not resurrection imo.
"Earth Manipulation,Corruption,Hive Mind,Illusion Creation,Summon,Statistics Amplification,Body Puppetry,inorganic physiology,curse manipulation,fusionism"

We agree on these rights, we continue with fate and absorption.

Let's get back to the topic of Fate Manipulation
"For countless eons I have guarded this magical power of time travel. All have been denied, from the mightiest of giants, to the tiniest of warriors. You see samurai, only one man has been prophesized to defeat me. And that man is the only man who can use this time passage. And you, my man... ain't that man."
These words were spoken by the guard and when Jack was defeated, the portal revealed that he was the one who had this fate and the guard silently apologized to him and said "not yet". Prophecies are events that will come true and Aku destroyed this prophecy and destroyed Jack's fate. This A Manipulation of Fate (He destroyed Jack's use the time portal future .)

Last edited:
This A Manipulation of Fate (He destroyed Jack's use the time portal future .)
You would have to prove that Samurai Jack only has a singular timestream for that to be true. As I mentioned in a later episode we're given this:
All factors of time and existence converge here... and form an interdimensional nexus... which we gaze into to study... the infinite facets of reality.
There's other parts of time and space, and as the game showed even the ending in the final season was an alternate version of events (in addition the comics of Samurai Jack explicitly show that there are alternate timelines). So there's no Fate Manipulation here, its just that Aku's actions ended a potential alternate future for Jack.

You would have to prove that Samurai Jack only has a singular timestream for that to be true. As I mentioned in a later episode we're given this:

There's other parts of time and space, and as the game showed even the ending in the final season was an alternate version of events (in addition the comics of Samurai Jack explicitly show that there are alternate timelines). So there's no Fate Manipulation here, its just that Aku's actions ended a potential alternate future for Jack.
What is prophesied is an event that must happen anyway, and for fate manipulation, it is enough to influence the character's future, Aku achieved this and made his own profit. If Ashi did not have Aku's powers, Jack would definitely not be able to go to the past.In the article above, . And let me tell you, the things prophesied must surely come true and Aku did not delay the prophecy, he prevented it completely.Wouldn't even destroying an alternative future be a manipulation of fate? Aku influence Jack's fate.

Last edited:
What is prophesied is an event that must happen anyway,
Then prove that. Showcase that being true within universe.

Wouldn't even destroying an alternative future be a manipulation of fate?
No, because it means they're multiple equal likely outcomes to an event. One outcome taking place over the other doesn’t give you fate manipulation, it just means one future took precedence.

No, because it means they're multiple equal likely outcomes to an event. One outcome taking place over the other doesn’t give you fate manipulation, it just means one future took precedence.
Guardian says: "There is a prophecy of only one man who will defeat me and use my time portal." Jack could not succeed because he arrived before his time, and the portal already ensured that Jack was not killed and showed that that person would become Jack in the future.So this event was clearly prophesied. If it had been shown as a possibility I would agree with you, but not this. I think it was fate manipulation because Aku destroyed Jack's fate to defeat the guardian.

That's not body puppeteering. Aku needed to give a verbal command to have her stop attacking Jack and the entire is Aku corrupting Ashi through her blood connection with him. In addition, to quote the page:

Aku corrupting her and making her subservient, but it's not Body Puppetry.
Its blood manipulation?So do you accept this? and you still haven't said anything with absorption?

There is no need to prove this because prophecies are like that. If this was a simple hunch , I wouldn't bother so much.

Jack stabbed her and then Aku corrupted her which in turn healed the damage. It's not resurrection imo.

There is something I missed about this, it is stated by Ashi that Jack killed Ashi and yes, this must be the resurrection.

Between time created by aku is between time and independent of past and future, what do we have to give from Aku?
(6:47)

Last edited:
future.So this event was clearly prophesied.
It being a prophecy doesn't mean anything unless you can prove the universe is deterministic. Considering there's alternate timelines and realities I'm not seeing it.

There is something I missed about this, it is stated by Ashi that Jack killed Ashi
Where at?

Between time created by aku is between time and independent of past and future, what do we have to give from Aku?
It's time manipulation or a pocket dimension

you can prove the universe is deterministic. Considering there's alternate timelines and realities I'm not seeing it.
That Ashi ending was added to the game because the fans wanted it. The real finale is our finale and the Aku events are not a separate timeline, on the contrary, they are connected to the same ending because they are what happened at that time.

Where at?

(35:40)
It's time manipulation or a pocket dimension
It's unclear but it fits the definition of aca2. It could be a pocket dimension containing aca2.

That Ashi ending was added to the game because the fans wanted it. The real finale is our finale and the Aku events are not a separate timeline, on the contrary, they are connected to the same ending because they are what happened at that time.
I didn't claim the Ashi ending was an alternate universe. I said that the Samurai Jack universe contains alternate realities and different futures. Its not deterministic, so changing the future wouldn't give you fate manipulation.

You posted this earlier. Jack stabs her and Aku teleports Jack to another area. He then summons her, puppets her body and corrupts the form. I don't think this is resurrection though it might be.
It's unclear but it fits the definition of aca2.
Why would it be Acasual?

You posted this earlier. Jack stabs her and Aku teleports Jack to another area. He then summons her, puppets her body and corrupts the form. I don't think this is resurrection though it might be.
Yes, but it is stated by Ashi that Jack killed him and he was alive with his wound afterwards. I don't think there is recovery, this is a resurrection.

I didn't claim the Ashi ending was an alternate universe. I said that the Samurai Jack universe contains alternate realities and different futures. Its not deterministic, so changing the future wouldn't give you fate manipulation
 On what basis are you saying this? Was there an alternative reality shown in the series?
Why would it be Acasual?
Because it is stated that this place has no future or past, it only belongs to the present and at the same time, Ashi could not reach here with the portal, she could only achieve this when Aku lost.

On what basis are you saying this?
The quote from Episode 43 where the Monk says there's infinite realities and the game where there's a sideways temporal dimensions.

Because it is stated that this place has no future or past, it only belongs to the present and at the same time
I don't that that makes Aku Acasual. It's just a seperate realm.

Back