• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alessi vs Prosciutto (Grace)

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Speed =

Alessi: 1 (The real cal howard)

Prosciutto: 8 (Iapitus The Impaler, Sixo Bullets, CrackerVolley, X Squared, Armorchompy, TacticalNuke002, AsianAntics, DMB 1)

Inconclusive: 0

SpriteAlessi
ProsciuttoH

I'll assume Alessi will have the higher range, so he'll throw his shadow right away.

Knowing him, when Prosciutto will get out of the shadow (which will happen as soon as he notices it, albeit not escaping its effect), Alessi won't try to use it again unless forced to since he likes to bully kids.

The problem for Prosciutto though, is that he probably gained a Stand thanks to the Arrow when joining Passione, so I doubt that he developed The Grateful Dead naturally, and even if it gained this way, he probably did in his late teens like most Stand users. Just crossing Alessi's Seth for a split second is enough to turn you into 7 years old.

Because of those reasons, I vote Alessi.

Prosciutto definitely has higher range tho. Alessi is gonna have to reach his target, while Greatful Dead is doing its passive age stuff. It's possible, but very unlikely that he can go the length of a train before he figures out how the power that is attacking him is working. Essentially, Alessi is already ****** before he gets far enough, but if he gets up high and tries to cast a shadow that way, that may also be a way for him to win

For these reasons, I say Prosciutto takes it more of then than note, and vote as such

If we go by SBA, then Greatful Dead's max range would be the go to. Only strange thing is that neither would usually fight like that, as Prosciutto would usually activate it while his target is decently in his range and Alessi usually would go in for a more stealthy approach instead of starting combat at farther range

Alesia should take this incredibly easily for one reason:

Prosciutto loses his Stand if he's de-aged.

Unlike the Stand Users from Part 3 (barring the Joestars + Dio), Prosciutto and the rest of Jojo got their stands as a result of the arrow. Jotaro didn't have Star Platinum when he was de-aged due to similar reasons Prosciutto won't have Grateful Dead. And no Grateful Dead means no rapid aging, which means Alessi won't have to work under a deadline (pun completely intended) after de-aging to kill Prosciutto.

TL;DR: Alessi instantly wins the moment Prosciutto stands in the shadow.

A major problem with most arguments for Alessi are definitely ignoring the range, distance, etc. He'll already be aged to the point of being incapable of fighting in time he gets in high enough range. It typically causes people to pass out and even makes stands slower and weaker due to mentally aging peeps and making them weaker. It also just does all this shit to make it worse for Alessi. Sure, the shadow's aging is fast but Prosciutto merely activating the stand aged a baby to be elderly and made a young man instantly collapse in his old age. So via better range of his passive, he'd easily age Alessi to the point of uselessness the second he came into close enough range with Prosciutto and just get the W from there.

The thing is, it took Mista quite a while to age to senior citizen level. And the Bullets were still the same even when Mista was within dying age. Trish barely aged at all. So long as Alessi's not hot, he should be good.

Mista and Trish had a cold drink and had ice, and it's legit explained that females age slower so Trish isn't an argument. It's literally room temperature that makes them age rapidly, and they still age decently when having ice and drinks.

Females age slower because their bodies are naturally colder, but neither a cold drink or being a chick lowers your body temperature that much.

What are you arguing? Alessi isn't a female nor does he have anything to make himself colder. Them not lowering it a fuckton is irrelevant when it's still needed to negate his ability. SBA is in New York. New York is not consistently stupidly colder than room temperature, and Prosciutto can still affect people instantly while he's outside and on the verge of death, so you can easily say he go under room temperature as well. Those who were somewhat resistant to it like Bruno and Mista had ice, which about 32f. It still somewhat affected them and weakened Sticky Fingers. Unless you're saying New York is consistently at or below 32f I don't know how Alessi is completely unaffected even if it is below room temperature.

New York in some cases even hotter than room temperature, too. It's going to take a lot more assumptions to say "It could possibly be too cold for the ability to work on Alessi" than "Alessi cannot make himself colder" with the information given dude.

I'm not saying it won't work on Alessi. I'm saying that Alessi can quite easily reach Prosciutto before he ages to death as it's not instantaneous and works on a time limit.

I already showed its speed and how fast it takes affect on those who don't have anything to make it colder. It's nigh-instant to those like that. You're also ignoring without something cold Alessi's will suffer vision problems, loss of appetite, and fatigue. He isn't remotely as mentally powerful as Bruno, either, so it'd be difficult to keep his stand up and powerful while he's having to deal with these things. He's cowardlike, dude.

His Stand's just his shadow. It's not a fighting Stand like most others. Also I don't remember if Giorno had anything cold or not but he had enough wits about him to tell what's going on.

Speaking of being cowardlike, he's pretty likely to lure him in and to have Prosciutto shoot him in the head like he did Mista and the shadow gets him.

What does that matter? It's still a stand, it's his manifestation of his fighting spirit.

By the time he lures Prosciutto in he's instantly aged and is done due to the range of the passive.

Even on males who had no cold drinks, like Narancia, it still took a minute or so to affect them enough to make them unable to move, and since both are aware of the other's presence, that's enough time for Alessi to reach him, or, more realistically, to run out of its range. Also, no matter how weak his stand becomes physically, if Prosciutto stands in it for only one second, he loses his stand, and Alessi just wins. By the way, Alessi's stand CAN fight, unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

It can, and Alessi apparently has a handgun in his standard equipment. Not only that, but apparently, again, using the Grateful Dead is very tiring for Prosciutto.

If he's more realistically running out of its range then he's not doing anything to Prosciutto. Also, Narancia got affected in under a minute. Instantly? No, but it didn't take all too much time. Also, you're taking the example of Narancia vs like the tons of tons of other people on the train who aged a lot quicker. Narancia's pace seems rather inconsistent to me, or moreso he just look less time to age then you credit him for. Also I'm rather sure once they get close enough for Sethen to take affect, Alessi is an unconcious old man who's senses have been ****** up.

TL;DR, much more consistently takes an incredibly short timeframe and, again, Alessi getting close enough pretty much takes him out of the picture.

We really don't get to see the people age in the train. Besides, I might be wrong on this, but didn't Prosciutto have to walk through the train to affect it with Grateful Dead's gas?

No. It's confirmed him activating it basically just put it through the entire train. And I'm not singularly referring to that, there's the instance when Prosciutto is on the verge of death and reactivates the Grateful Dead which instantly turns a dude old.

Hm, fair enough. I think I'll change my vote to Prosciutto then.

Well, I'm gonna add this "soon" unless someone would like to debate some more.

Back