• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

QrowBarr

They/Them
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Might regret this, oh well!

• Fight takes place in the Land of Mordor, where the Shadows Lie
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Both are in-character
Mercer
Talion WIP 26-web-1050x600

Ok let's dive in.

Speed is equal so don't need to talk about that. Same with most other stats. Looking at their haxes and.....

Can someone tell me how applicable Talion's resurrection is? If he got eaten by Alex could he res from it? Also I assume we're using their 8-A versions yeah?

@Still

He resurrects in 12 hours.

Yes he should be able to come back given that his resurrection is soul-based

8-A versions are used, and ressurection doesn't take half a day, only a few moments. Advancing time is game mechanics iirc

Kaltias said:
@Still
He resurrects in 12 hours.

Yes he should be able to come back given that his resurrection is soul-based
I see, cheers. :)

Well I will vote inconclusive, given the amount of time it takes for him to come back Alex will likely depart as soon as the fight is over but Tailon cannot be decisively killed for good.

I mean, it advances automatically for half a day whenever Talion dies.

Unless there is evidence against it i'd say that it takes half a day

Talking wins pretty easily TBH

His ressurection says "lolno" to basically everything Alex has and he can beat his regen by simply beating Alex until he can't restore himself or just using whatever Hax he has.

I'm honestly inclined to say stomp unless his ressurection has a limit

Well if it takes 12 hours that is more than enough time for Alex to leave if he won, but seeing as how he can't put Talion down for good that why I'm incon.

Actually, if Alex absorbs Talion, would he gain some of Talion's abilities?

Also, does Talion have abilities that does not require physical contact? Because touching Alex will probably get him absorbed since Alex only needs physical contact to absorb.

I don't think Alex could absorb Talion's more haxxy abilities since they rely on Cerem, who is intangible and within Talion.

Talion via mind hax and resurrection.

Mr. Bambu said:
I don't think Alex could absorb Talion's more haxxy abilities since they rely on Cerem, who is intangible and within Talion.

Alex resists mind hax and resurrection takes time.

Resurrection doesn't take enough time to disqualify. Incap requires 24 hours, this takes only 12.

Also, you do seem to be correct. Change my reasoning to Death Hax.

Incap requires 24 hours? Well fair enough on that point.

In light of Bambu's argument I'm not sure if Death Hax is something Alex can effectively answer so I will change my vote to Talion. Way I can see it is Alex gets a lucky shot, Talion comes back and Haxes him.

It might, I believe Ringwraiths qualify as souls, though Kalt probably knows more about that. Why, does Alex have soul-powers?

Mr. Bambu said:
It might, I believe Ringwraiths qualify as souls, though Kalt probably knows more about that. Why, does Alex have soul-powers?
He's immune to soul powers. He doesn't have a soul.

Alex on his profile states he's immune to soul manipulation on basis he doesn't have one, could it still effect his body in any way?

Mr. Bambu said:
No if it's just normal "Death" it's not going to work

Death should require a level of feats to work on regen at least that's what I remember Kal saying

I think that Talion's death hax is just shutting down you and making your head explode + absorbing life force.

He can affect souls, but not with death hax. The stuff that he did to the Nazgul was more a exorcism kind of thing

That's not killing Alex

So his only way to beat Alex at all is too simply beat him to death until his stamina runs out, so its a descisive win for him unless Alex can win some way

Well Alex can't put Talion down for good because of the time cap on his revive and not being able to manipluate it, so maybe Talion wins just by sheer battle of attrition?

Uruks, Caragors, people, some plants. Graugs too I guess, but those can fight back because they are 8-A

Kaltias said:
Uruks, Caragors, people, some plants. Graugs too I guess, but those can fight back because they are 8-A
Then Alex can keep absorbing those things to force an inconclusive.

Wouldn't he eventually run out of sources to absorb from? I mean he could perhaps absorb the corpse of Talion to at least regen but Talion would not be taken down. I can see the inconclusive potential because of how long it would take but considering Alex can't seem to decisively put down Talion if it comes to the grind however long it took Alex would lose out.

Stillwinston said:
Wouldn't he eventually run out of sources to absorb from? I mean he could perhaps absorb the corpse of Talion to at least regen but Talion would not be taken down. I can see the inconclusive potential because of how long it would take but considering Alex can't seem to decisively put down Talion if it comes to the grind however long it took Alex would lose out.
Depends on the population of Mordor. Would that population last longer then the amount of days Talion can fight for? Keep in mind the 122 hour Regenerationn would allow Alex to stock up for round two.

Normally, it wouldn't be in-character for Prototype 1 Mercer to start unleashing the virus on his opponents, but...

In this case, Mercer is dealing with an opponent that he can't even permanently kill due to their soul-based resurrection. Wouldn't he become desperate enough to start unleashing the virus on Talion, infecting him and turning him into an infected, once he finds out that he can't permanently put down Talion?

And scaling from Elizabeth Greene (who he has all the powers of via consuming her), he should be able to have control over his own infected. He could defeat Talion by infecting him, and then Mind-Haxing him.

Mercer might not be able to win via killing, but he could win via incapacitating or infecting Talion...

If he wants to regenerate, he'll have to contend with its denizens who all of which are 8-A.

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
If he wants to regenerate, he'll have to contend with its denizens who all of which are 8-A.
That might not be much of an issue, as based from the Prototype comics (the one that happens before Prototype 2 took place, so he should still be tier 8-A), he can absorb via making physical contact with his targets.

How long does it take? Is it instant or it takes time?

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
How long does it take? Is it instant or it takes time?
Based on how Mercer absorbed that civilian in the Prototype comics (and how his absorption works in general), it works near instantaneously. Probably a couple of seconds at its longest.

The Wright Way said:
Mr. Bambu said:

Alex resists mind hax and resurrection takes time.
Ressurection doesn't, it only takes a few minutes at longest. See above

Well I don't really picture anything in the Mordor population giving Mercer much issue, we're talking about mind hax against Talion. Does he have any resistance to mind manipulation that we know of?

Back