• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All Star Superman Profile Overhaul

I feel like one of the greatest interpretations of one of the greatest heroes deserves a better profile than what he currently has. My suggestions:

Suggested Quotes:

"Jonathan Kent taught me that the strong have to stand up for the weak and that bullies don't like being bullied back. He taught me that a good heart is worth more than all the money in the bank. He taught me about life and death. He taught me that the measure of a man lies not in what he says but what he does. And he showed me by example how to be tough, and how to be kind and how to dream of a better world."

"What a life! I've travelled across time and space. I've seen and done things beyond imagination. Blessed with friends like Pete and Lana and Jimmy. And Batman... what incredible adventures we've shared. What amazing people I've known. But Lois, dear Lois... I loved you most of all. And no matter how dark it seems, there's always a way."

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Empowerment and Stellar Radiation Absorption, Genius Intelligence, Photographic Memory (Memorized Lois' entire DNA code), Social Influencing (Is a beloved hero admired by billions of people. Luthor was reduced to tears upon experiencing the world through Superman's view), Flight, Regenerationn (Mid-Low), Enhanced Senses (Sight, Hearing, and Smell; Can see his own cells and his DNA structure. Can see radio-negative anti waves. Saw a villain go on a rampage in Metropolis while on Mars. Smelled a leak in Lois' car. Heard Jimmy's watch while Jimmy was on the moo and can hear Solaris' voice on the 103 MHz wavelength ), Information Analysis (Analyzed Lombard's body to see why he was immune to Bizarro's touch), Heat Manipulation via Heat Vision (Seen here. Clark's heat vision is also hot enough to slightly burn Kal Kent), Freeze Breath (Froze a small portion of the Sun with his breath and casually froze a group of inmates), Aura (Has a bio-electric field and can extend it to others), Forcefield Creation (Created a forcefield to block Solaris' attack), Energy Projection (Hurled raw energy at Bizarro), and eventually Transformation, Inorganic Physiology, and possibly Resurrection (Superman's body is gradually converting into pure energy and this allows him to live even though he already died) and Preparation

With Preparation:

Summoning (Commands a group of Superman Robots), Size Manipulation (Has a shrinking ray that was once used by Brainiac), Limited Power Bestowal (Concocted a serum that grants an individual access to Kryptonian powers for 24 hours), BFR (Has a ray that can send people into the Phantom Zone), Limited Life Manipulation (Created life using pure solar energy), Gravity Manipulation (Has a gravity gun that gave an empowered Luthor difficulties)

Resistance to Fire Manipulation (Unfazed by Bizarro's flame breath), Radiation Manipulation (Has a suit that protects him from Red Solar Radiation. Fully immune to Green Kryptonite)

Attack Potency: At least Continent level, likely Small Planet level (Same as what's currently on the page.)

Speed: Massively FTL+ (Picked flowers from Alpha Centauri while Lois was in the shower, a total distance of 8 light years. Flew to the Sun in seconds.)

Lifting Strength: At least Class Z likely higher (Casually pushed 200 quintillion tons with one arm.)

Striking Strength: At least Continent level, likely Small Planet level (Can create mini suns with a Cosmic Anvil. Struck a planet so hard that it started to retreat back into the Underverse. Damaged Solaris the Tyrant Sun with a punch and later defeated Solaris. )

Durability: At least Continent level, likely Small Planet level (Survived a beating from two Kryptonians and was thrown hard enough to crack the moo and back into Earth and only suffered a bloody nose.)

Stamina: Unlimited while under a yellow star

Range: Not too sure what to put here

Optional Equipment: Superman Robots, Shrink Ray, Phantom Zone Ray, Gravity Gun

Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius. As a Kryptonian, Superman is capable of processing and storing information far faster than any ordinary human being is able to. Superman has stated that his overexposure to the Sun tripled his intellectual capabilities. He is a skilled scientist and inventor, concocting a serum granting Kryptonian abilities and matching it with a person by analyzing their entire DNA sequence, leaving instructions on how to combined Kryptonian and human strands, coming up with a way to cure any human disease, and inventing a machine that converts thought into sounds and visuals , a suit that protects him from lethal red solar Radiation, as well as a time telescope that enables him to speak with descendants many centuries into the future. Superman is also highly resourceful and quick-thinking, as he was able to build a rocket out of scraps with Zibarro in order to escape Bizarro-World. He also possesses high deductive skills, answering the unanswerable questio and has massive battle experience with all kinds of powerful beings. Outsmarted Luthor by using a gravity gun to force his metabolism to accelerate, depleting Luthor of his serum. Is destined to complete 12 super challenges, with his final challenge to repair the su .

While I'm fine the additional scans for justifcation, I feel it would be better if you made albums rather than post all of the individual scans so the page doesn't get to bloated byte wise.

I will see that I don't agree with resistance to explosion manipulation. Superman was getting a constant solar amp, so it seems more like regular durability than anything.

Agreed with both of Qawsed's points.

It's great someone's updating the profile, imgur justifications are way better than leaving everything with no evidence.

One more point - maybe a subsection dedicated to his Enhanced Senses could go in the notable attacks section? Just a thought, since he has so many enhanced senses the P&A section gets bloated by them.

I must admit, I'm not sure how to make albums.

I understand about the resistance to explosions and I agree with the enhanced senses subsection.

If you have a imgur profile it should be under "make a post". If you can't find it I'll do it when I get off work.

Ok, looking through this, most of it sounds fine. My only hangups are:

Photographic Memory: I'd be fine with this but except that I can't tell how he did it based off the image. He says he copied it but from where & how? Saying he copied doesn't matter if he was reading the genetic code as he did it.

The only other major thing is the Standard Equipment: Almost all this stuff are things that Superman has stored in his Fortress and were used for specific purposes as matters came up. He doesn't usually have them on himself. As such, I'd say it's better to call them Optional Equipment.

Some of the additions don't really support the stat rating.

In regards to AP, I don't see how the Bizarros and Titans support the given rating.

What Superman did in 2 seconds, outpacing Bizarro, and flying to the sun in seconds don't really support the MFTL+ rating.

His crash cracking the moon for durability seems fine.

On a side note, shouldn't overcharging with Solar Energy also be a weakness.

What all of the others have accepted can probably be applied.

Firestorm808 said:
On a side note, shouldn't overcharging with Solar Energy also be a weakness.
I mean sure he's dying but he also gets a considerable amp from it so it cancels out I guess?

I have also removed any justification that doesn't support the current stats

C2 of Omegon said:
Ok, looking through this, most of it sounds fine. My only hangups are:
Photographic Memory: I'd be fine with this but except that I can't tell how he did it based off the image. He says he copied it but from where & how? Saying he copied doesn't matter if he was reading the genetic code as he did it.

The only other major thing is the Standard Equipment: Almost all this stuff are things that Superman has stored in his Fortress and were used for specific purposes as matters came up. He doesn't usually have them on himself. As such, I'd say it's better to call them Optional Equipment.
I don't have the scan now but when he made the super serum he said that he memorized Lois' entire DNA sequence. As for optional equipment, I agree and I have made changes.

Okay so when looking over stuff I realized that we don't need albums

• The profile already has an album of the moon feat. So there's no reason to include multiple scans in the durability section. Just mention it or copy paste the link
  • Almost everything in the suggested striking strength, lifting strength, and durability section are mostly useless
    • Speed: Bizzaro is useless for a justifcation since he doesn't have a speed feat. It would just be circular scaling
    • Lifting strength: The key is fine, as is the 200 Quintillion ton scan. But Krypto, Samson, and Atlas aren't notable enough for Class Z rating. To use an example we don't justify New 52 Superman's lifting strength with a scan of him lifting a submarine , since its just not in the Class Y range. As for Kal Kent that's just circular scaling
    • Striking Strength: The planet scan looks good but on a reread Superman did not physically damage it. He just moved some oceans to reflect sunlight, which then harmed the planet. So its not a solid striking feat by itself. EDIT: Was wrong, guess its fine to use
    • Durability: All of the feats besides the Kryptonians are circular.

• Photographic Memory: I disagree as well.
  • Heat Vision is also Heat Manipulation.
  • Summoning: That's not summoning.
  • BFR: Sure but there's no need to have every power mixed up in his P&A, but a point in the end and then add the powers done via Optional Equipment.
  • Limited Power Bestowal: With prep time, not as a normal power.
  • Limited Life Manipulation: As before.
  • eventually Transformation, Inorganic Physiology, and possibly Resurrection: Not to the latter, it would be type 7 Immortality.
The rest of the powers are good, please don't forget to separate the normal powers from the ones with prep and with Optional Equipment.

@Eficiente I agree with everything except for photographic memory not being valid. I recently reread All Star and he states that he memorized Lois' entire DNA code. Also is it actually Type 7 immortality? He's not undead, he literally came back to life.

You can probably apply what has been accepted by all of the knowledgeable members here.

The first quote seems best to use btw.

LordUrien935 said:
I recently reread All Star and he states that he memorized Lois' entire DNA code. Also is it actually Type 7 immortality? He's not undead, he literally came back to life.
If this comes from other pages then you should post those as well.

If LordUrien can make the edits then yes. I will see the profile after that.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here?

Once major wiki changes are allowed to be proposed again I will see if I can make this page link another one with a guide on how to make organized CRTs. Imgur will be recommended and a brief text saying how to make albums there will be given.

Back