• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alright, hear me out: Odama Rasenshuriken Edition

Even ignoring that Kurama Avatar couldn't do much against Madaras wood dragon, and Kurama Avatar > Sage Mode

The dragons holding down Madara is literally a completely different dragon.

Not only is it much smaller, but it visually looks different.

It's not the same dragon.

The dragons holding down Madara is literally a completely different dragon.

Not only is it much smaller, but it visually looks different.

It's not the same dragon.
How do you know it isn't the same jutsu but on a smaller scale to accommodate for the size difference?
Disagree. Madara physically is not comparable to 100% Kurama.
Yeah, I know that but that doesn't really matter. I'm not arguing that Madara scales to this attack.

How do you know it isn't the same jutsu but on a smaller scale to accommodate for the size difference?

Yeah, I know that but that doesn't really matter. I'm not arguing that Madara scales to this attack.
What he’s trying to say is that because Madara is < Kurama, that means the dragons holding him down aren’t necessarily Kurama level, and be weaker than the dragon used against Kurama, which is the basis for ur upgrade

at least that’s what I think he’s trying to say

Unfortunately I have to also disagree with this one for more or less the same reasons as the others.
These dragons were on a MUCH smaller scale than the one that restrained Kurama, so there's no reason for us to equate their power/durability. It'd be like equating a Rasengan and a Chō Odama Rasengan because they're technically the same technique, just on a different scale.
It'd also be pretty inconsistent since Madara actually survived this attack, and the man was DUSTED by attacks far below High 6-B in power.

Unfortunately I have to also disagree with this one for more or less the same reasons as the others.
These dragons were on a MUCH smaller scale than the one that restrained Kurama, so there's no reason for us to equate their power/durability. It'd be like equating a Rasengan and a Chō Odama Rasengan because they're technically the same technique, just on a different scale.
It'd also be pretty inconsistent since Madara actually survived this attack, and the man was DUSTED by attacks far below High 6-B in power.
Okay, even if we don't directly scale it to Kurama then can we list this specific variant of the Rasenshuriken as way stronger than the normal one since not only is it a much stronger version of Sage Mode Naruto that busts this out compared to him at the start of the War Arc but it's like the size of a damn mountain?

I agree with this.

Okay, even if we don't directly scale it to Kurama then can we list this specific variant of the Rasenshuriken as way stronger than the normal one since not only is it a much stronger version of Sage Mode Naruto that busts this out compared to him at the start of the War Arc but it's like the size of a damn mountain?
Yeah, I think that's fine tbh. It's basically a Rasenshuriken on steroids.

I mean this is already mentioned
main-qimg-f8372f43dc57ad9474d5824e674b9a87

I mean this is already mentioned
main-qimg-f8372f43dc57ad9474d5824e674b9a87
Yeah, I get that, I just disagree with the Odama Rasenshuriken being considered the same attack as the normal one since again, it's way larger and coming from a much more powerful Naruto than earlier in the War Arc.

We can tweak the wording within that justification to make it clear that the Wood Dragon feat was performed by a juiced-to-the-f'ing-gills Rasenshuriken. However, looking at the profile again, I don't think it'd be a good idea to add a separate rating for it since the profile is already a bit on the chunky side if you catch my drift, and it'll only get thiccer in the future. I think we can get away with this since it technically doesn't scale to another value and all that.

Last edited:
We can tweak the wording within that justification to make it clear that the Wood Dragon feat was performed by a juiced-to-f'ing-gills Rasenshuriken. However, looking at the profile again, I don't think it'd be a good idea to add a separate rating for it since the profile is already a bit on the chunky side if you catch my drift, and it'll only get thiccer in the future. I think we can get away with this since it technically doesn't scale to another value and all that.
As long as we mention that the Odama Rasenshuriken is far superior to the normal Rasenshuriken then that's fine by me.

True but then don't we have to do the same with like every other rasengan Naruto pulls out of his pants?

Higher with Rasengan, even higher with giant rasengan, far higher with massive rasengan, much higher with rasen shuriken, even higher with giant rasengan, etc.

Couldn't it just be higher with Stronger/Strongest Attacks instead because his profile is already beefy

True but then don't we have to do the same with like every other rasengan Naruto pulls out of his pants?

Higher with Rasengan, even higher with giant rasengan, far higher with massive rasengan, much higher with rasen shuriken, even higher with giant rasengan, etc.
You could easily fix this with just putting Rasengan/Rasenshuriken Variants while still having the justification explain why each variant is better than the normal one.

Could just say 'Higher with the Rasengan and it's variants (Massive Rasengan, Rasenshuriken, etc...)

Back