• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An alien from another planet vs Alien from another planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find any calcs for either of them. With no values for either of their statistics, I'd assume that means we treat both of them as baseline.

Both of them have High Stamina with no justification and I would say that Superman is outranged... but his Range is listed as simply "Unknown".

Yeah. Guy with a practically human body with no powers. His range in combat is totally unknown. Can't be Standard Melee Range, right?

Brandon also beats Powerless Human in Lifting Strength, with Class 5 to Powerless Clark's Peak Human.

The only edges he has are his skill with Martial Arts and MAYBE his Intelligence where it's:

Brandon

Intelligence: At least Gifted (He is incredibly knowledgeable about multiple subjects, being above anyone in his school, even though he is just a kid)

Versus Superman's:

Intelligence: Extraordinary Genius (Is an excellent reporter, and is a master combatant, who is capable of defeating soldiers, martial artists, and aliens without powers, he is capable of using advanced Kryptonian tech, and is able to learn new languages in incredibly short periods of time. His intelligence is on par with Lex Luthor and other geniuses, learned how to use the Monitors' technology with a quick glance, and has outsmarted and outmanuvered masters of war and strategy.)

But I have no idea if that extensive-rating applies to powerless Superman, and I'm not sure he can use it.

He'd probably lose due to being outhaxed. Beyond exploiting the environment (SBA puts default location as Central Park, New York.) like say, snapping a telephone pole, breaking the power lines open, and using them to get Brandon electrocuted somehow, I can't see Clark winning.

And even then, telekinesis, &/or heat vision plus avoiding close combat via stealth or flight are probably easy wins so long as Heat Vision isn't more draining on Brandon's stamina.

What's Clark gonna do against heat vision? Block it with a rock? Hide in the water? Could Brandon's HV melt rocks or boil water, given he's only 9-B?

Unless Brandon stupidly stays in close combat, I can't see Superman winning this. Maybe a stomp, since one side is outhaxed, beat in most stats except speed, and has almost no feasible win conditions?

Though, in theory, it might be more fair if Superman wasn't baseline, though.... DOES Powerless Smallville Superman have any calc-able feats?

I am pretty sure it can't be a stomp if both have win conditions. As stated above, if Brandon stays in close range, Superman can likely decimate him. Heck he could likely even use the environment to help him against BB as was also stated above. While it is highly unlikely due to BB not being stupid, it is a possible win condition.

Win condition for Clark being CIS striking BB to use none of his powers? Pretty sure the whole "if they still have a wincon, its fair" thing depends on if it is in character.

Example: If it was in character for Brandon to not use his other powers and just tango in cqc against a comparable being then this would be valid. Problem is that Brandon isn't that dumb and thus the idea that him going hth with Clark while ignoring everything else is a valid wincon doesn't hold up.

AnonymousBlank said:
Win condition for Clark being CIS striking BB to use none of his powers? Pretty sure the whole "if they still have a wincon, its fair" thing depends on if it is in character.

Example: If it was in character for Brandon to not use his other powers and just tango in cqc against a comparable being then this would be valid. Problem is that Brandon isn't that dumb and thus the idea that him going hth with Clark while ignoring everything else is a valid wincon doesn't hold up.
Not what I have been told

I mean, even if they stay in Close Combat, Clark's chances still aren't that good. He only has Martial Arts & arguably better intelligence.

Brandon can mix up punches & kicks with Heat Vision, or his Telekinesis can be used to force Clark away when Clark tries to attack, or in theory, to hold Clark in place while he pummels him.

Brandon also beats Clark in Lifting Strength, with Brandon's Class 5 vs Clark's Peak Human, so he can just physically restrain Clark, too.

And in terms of exploiting the environment, both of them are smart, however, Brandon can fly, & has the aforementioned Heat Vision, Telekinesis, & Stealth Mastery.

He could ambush Clark from the trees, the water, use his superior LS to try & drown Clark, probably knock over telephone poles with some sustained effort, etc.

Whatever our stance on Stomps, Clark's chances are better than they would be OTHERWISE in Close Combat, but him winning still doesn't seem likely, IMHO.

Brandon is the type of try and freak opponents out and ambush them so his chances of flying away from Clarks sight, and ambushing him from behind or somewhere else is pretty high.

Anyways, is this a stomp or no?

Probably. In terms of AP/Durability, they're equal, but Clark has better Lifting Strength & way more abilities, & is pretty close in Intelligence.

Even if Clark figures out Brandon's bias, reading his page, I'm skeptic Brandon would stay predictable long enough for smarts & martial arts to be able to beat him, especially with Clark's range disadvantage.

I'll be honest this does just seem stompy if Brandon ain't gonna go for h2h at all.

Clark can't win against that telekinesis.

That "can" requires one character to do everything he can bar giving up/leaving to lose to the other. Thats a stomp dude.

Clark's win condition requires Brandon going into close combat, getting outmatched in it by Clark's Martial Arts, Brandon STAYING in close combat despite his intelligence and disadvantage because of Clark's Martial Arts, and then Brandon not only staying in said close combat, but pretty much not using the majority of his powers & abilities.

And even if that DOES happen, Brandon still has better Lifting Strength & close enough AP & Durability that he can restrain Clark by just grabbing him; So if Clark tries to throw a punch, Brandon could say, grab his arm, use LS to hold it in place, then knee him in the stomach or heat vision Clark in the eyes.

Anyway

Fight goes either

Brandon gets close (Always does)

1. Superman dominates in CQC and defeats him

2. Brandon gets room to breathe and moves.

Except Brandon has Heat Vision, Telekinesis, and better Lifting Strength so Superman might not actually dominate in CQC?

Nevermind the options he has via Flight & Stealth Mastery.

Telikinesis was repeatedly debated for Brandon to even have or use it on a human opponent.

Lifting Strength is unuseable unless you can actually get a proper grab against your opponent.

Flight isn't CQC though.

So the score right now, (Assuming this battle is infact NOT a stomp.)

Brightburn: 1 The Blur: 0 Am I missing anything?

I don't think it's a stomp either

Brandon always goes CQC, always, and 16 year old kid to Martial Arts Genius is bound to be incredibly one sided for Supes, and Supes can win in this case due to the skill gap.

But Brandon gets away more often then not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back