• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anime Boxing Match | Sakura vs Chad

Chad has become a boxing champion and has laid out an open challenge to anyone who seeks to have the glory. Sakura finds out about this and accepts his challenge and steps into the squared circle against him.

Standard Battle Assumptions

Speed equalized

5-C Versions

Sakura scales to 88.74 Exatons
Sado scales to 33.26 Exatons

New Era Sakura vs TYBW Chad

Who wins and why?

It always annoyed me how TYBW short-changed Chad. He attacked Askin who had just downed Ichigo, and Kisuke didn't treat him facing such an enemy as a ridiculous concept. Despite that, he sort of just stands there throughout the arc. Hopefully the anime gives him some new stuff. It already added in a feat where he blocked one of Uryu's arrows, whereas in the manga Orihime is the only one who blocks them.

On this subject though, does Sakura actually have resistance to soul hax? Bleach has so much soul hax that it's very dangerous to face any of its characters without lots of resistance.

Last edited:
Is Chakra not part of the soul? Her soul is basically armor over her body if so.
She still has a soul. Chakra stems from the soul and mental energy, and in terms of hand to hand Chad has a lot more experience. At the end of the manga he literally became a world champion boxer.

Sakura relies on more hax than her actual hand to hand skill, and while Shinobi are skilled hand to hand combatants they also mix things into it. Chad doesn't really have hax aside from soul manipulation, his whole thing is engaging in hand to hand combat since day one which allowed him to gain enough experience in becoming the best boxer in the verse.

Keep in mind Chad would also need to lower his AP enough to where he can't one shot other boxers to give himself an unfair advantage. His boxing is solely skill based, he really only uses the strength from his natural build to fight. But in this case he can use his hax, skill and AP. Chad has better striking due to his vast experience in boxing (Shinobi are more along the lines of Kung-Fu instead of boxing, with boxing taking the edge over hand striking and better mobility.), soul manipulation amongst his AP amps.

Voting Chad via better striking, soul manipulation and overall experience with direct combat.

Chad is definitely getting skill gapped
Not really. He's a world renowned boxer that's a world champion. He's much better when it comes to striking with his hands, Sakura has the advantage of kicks but boxers are trained to defend against that by straying mobile and reading telegraphing. Kicks are much more telegraphed than strikes coming the legs in comparison to shoulders, and that's coming from someone who's literally done both boxing and Muay Thai. A boxer will have naturally more experience with defense and mobility in comparison to someone who does Muay Thai or Taekwondo, boxers dodge a lot more often from closer range whereas the latter two capitalize on knock-outs where most of the points come from.

Boxing revolves around countering, dodging and mobility much more than Shinobi that use styles like Taekawndo or Muay Thai.

Not really. He's a world renowned boxer that's a world champion. He's much better when it comes to striking with his hands, Sakura has the advantage of kicks but boxers are trained to defend against that by straying mobile and reading telegraphing. Kicks are much more telegraphed than strikes coming the legs in comparison to shoulders, and that's coming from someone who's literally done both boxing and Muay Thai. A boxer will have naturally more experience with defense and mobility in comparison to someone who does Muay Thai or Taekwondo, boxers dodge a lot more often from closer range whereas the latter two capitalize on knock-outs where most of the points come from.
😬😬😬

NE Sakura is more skilled than Tsunade who in conjunction with the other Kage, fought Madara. She's also comparable to Jiraiya, Orochimaru and superior to Kabuto who are all comparable/superior to Kakashi in H2H combat. I mean, in fact, Sakura was literally trained in evasive techniques and mastered it under Tsunade's tutelage, EVEN in blindspots. With the help of Chiyo she was able to fend off 100 puppets attacking her at all sides, and avoid fatal damage. This is all while she was 16.

She herself has also fought Shin Uchiha, someone with the (Magekyo) Sharingan which has incredible analytical perception abilities. The same Shin who was able to tag a rusty Naruto and Sasuke. In terms of skill?? She is styling and dodging his attacks with finesse, it's not even funny.

Sakura reads Chad like a book and swiftly dogs on him.

Not really. He's a world renowned boxer that's a world champion
Was it boxing? I thought it was wrestling. Either way, he used trained boxing moves multiple times during the series, so he's obviously still a skilled boxer. Plus a skilled wrestler will still have an advantage.
He's much better when it comes to striking with his hands, Sakura has the advantage of kicks but boxers are trained to defend against that by straying mobile and reading telegraphing. Kicks are much more telegraphed than strikes coming the legs in comparison to shoulders, and that's coming from someone who's literally done both boxing and Muay Thai. A boxer will have naturally more experience with defense and mobility in comparison to someone who does Muay Thai or Taekwondo, boxers dodge a lot more often from closer range whereas the latter two capitalize on knock-outs where most of the points come from.
The main advantages Muay Thai and to a lesser extent Taekwondo have over boxing are greater power and longer reach. It so happens that the reach advantage is inverted here due to Chad being so much taller than Sakura. Meanwhile kicks by their very nature give more warning and can be more easily blocked or dodged.

Still, she does have an AP advantage.

wait wait hold on, is this like an actual boxing match? or was that just a story, cause that does change things a slight bit.

Chad will still struggle to land hits as I've laid out prior, but Sakura will have to adhere to boxing rules... which im not sure how that would go

😬😬😬

NE Sakura is more skilled than Tsunade who in conjunction with the other Kage, fought Madara.
Read above. Madara isn't a boxer, two different sets of combat. Much like other shinobu his style is more so Kung-Fu, for instance I wouldn't say Let Lee is more skilled than Mike Tyson. Tyson has better hands while Lee has more agile moves.
She's also comparable to Jiraiya, Orochimaru and superior to Kabuto who are all comparable/superior to Kakashi in H2H combat.
Read above.
I mean, in fact, Sakura was literally trained in evasive techniques and mastered it under Tsunade's tutelage, EVEN in blindspots.
Evasion does not equal better skill. She has better acrobatics but that doesn't mean much when it comes to actual outright hand to hand combat. Kakashi and Madara also have the benefit of genetics, allowing for Analytical Prediction which Sakura damn sure doesn't scale to. Madara literally swatted her away and stabbed her with one move with his eyes closed so you saying she scales to Madara is completely unfounded.
With the help of Chiyo she was able to fend off 100 puppets attacking her at all sides, and avoid fatal damage. This is all while she was 16.
Again that's acrobatics. Not something that automatically means skill. Baki, Ohma, Yujiro and Vash can't dodge that many attacks but obviously you wouldn't use that to say Sakura is more skilled than them.
She herself has also fought Shin Uchiha, someone with the (Magekyo) Sharingan which has incredible analytical perception abilities.
Genetics =/= skill. Itachis laughing at you because he got EG without using Sharingan and his genetic stuff, he got it from using his intelligence and Sakura doesn't scale anywhere near him either.
The same Shin who was able to tag a rusty Naruto and Sasuke.
Because they were comparable in speed.
In terms of skill?? She is styling and dodging his attacks with finesse, it's not even funny.
Nierre stop the Cap. I know for a fact that you don't believe Sakura is as skilled as Itachi.
Sakura reads Chad like a book and swiftly dogs on him.
Keep dreaming.

Reid would literally just see faults, openings and mistakes and make a much much superior version of boxing against him💀
And then Reinhard pulls boxing and ring fighting abilities out of his tailpipe and somehow outdoes everything. He might even adapt to the Almighty by pulling some ability out of the old tailpipe for that too.

Reinhard is almost as bad in that regard as Batman, who we all know would pull an anti-Bleach gadget off his utility belt and literally invent a weakness if one doesn't exist. Maybe he'd have Yhwach repellent in the utility belt somewhere.

The plot convenience is strong with some characters. There's a reason they become vulnerable to being seen as Mary Sue characters.

Reinhard is almost as bad in that regard as Batman, who we all know would pull an anti-Bleach gadget off his utility belt and literally invent a weakness if one doesn't exist. Maybe he'd have Yhwach repellent in the utility belt somewhere.
To be fair, getting Yhwach repellent is easy. Simply:
-Tell Mayuri to make it
-He has it whenever it's most convenient for the plot.

And then Reinhard pulls boxing and ring fighting abilities out of his tailpipe and somehow outdoes everything. He might even adapt to the Almighty by pulling some ability out of the old tailpipe for that too.

The plot convenience is strong with some characters. There's a reason they become vulnerable to being seen as Mary Sue characters.
Well in Reinhard's case he has more "power" than Reid but Reid is superior in skill

Theres absolutely no way Chad could lose

Joking aside, nah Sakura def has this, equating real life martial arts to fictional one doesn't work, the reason why there's better martial arts IRL or forms of fighting is because how the human anatomy works, things like how much force you can realistic apply , your weight and size and so on as well. none of these are realistically models to work off when your body is powered by supernatural energy that uniformly makes you stronger. on top of that its fallacious to say taijutsu is only one kind of combat, given it draws from a significant amount of influences, include boxing, Judo,Karate,Brazilian Jujutsu,Wing Chun,Muaiy Tai and Krav Maga, many of those are particularly effective against boxing in terms of reach and control.

But even if you wanted to steel man and say neither has an inherent advantage because of the lack of overlap Sakura would still have the objective advantage by having Higher AP and superior mobility with acrobatics, substitution, body flicker and so on.

She also has analytical prediction and has a good track record of fighting people with precognition and analytical prediction of their own solely via skill as oppose to sensing them or something.

then there's stuff like Kunai,paper bombs shuriken, shockwaves ect for medium to long range options.

most importantly Sakura has insane knowledge of anatomy to the point she can effectively know which areas to target when she uses dura negating medical ninjutsu against someone who primarily uses boxing as their H2H.

Oh and while Chad lowering his AP to fight normal people is a really good skill feat Sakura Can pretty much do the same, hell she has so much effective control over the strength of her punches that she can apply just the right amount of force to perfectly grain down nuts into the perfect size thats required for the recipe with just the minor shockwaves of her fist.

then theres the weirder esoteric powers she doesnt really use in character like paralysis but its not out of the question if she doesnt have any other options.

Oh right then there's Cancer Punch. which is self explantory i guess.

a̶l̶s̶o̶ o̶u̶t̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ o̶f̶ r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ a̶ C̶l̶i̶n̶i̶c̶ i̶n̶ K̶o̶n̶o̶h̶a̶ s̶h̶e̶ r̶u̶n̶s̶ h̶e̶l̶p̶ c̶e̶n̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ a̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶ t̶h̶e̶ f̶i̶v̶e̶ g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ s̶o̶l̶e̶l̶y̶ e̶x̶i̶s̶t̶ t̶o̶ h̶e̶l̶p̶ o̶p̶r̶h̶a̶n̶s̶ o̶f̶ w̶a̶r̶ a̶n̶d̶ c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶r̶e̶n̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ d̶i̶s̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶s̶, w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ i̶s̶ i̶n̶h̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ a̶ w̶i̶n̶c̶o̶n̶ s̶o̶l̶e̶l̶y̶ f̶o̶r̶ c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ d̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ , w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ i̶ s̶t̶a̶n̶ h̶e̶r̶e̶

Voting Sakura via broader aresenal, superior mobility,ranged options and dura negating abilities and higher AP. (overall more rounded fighter)

also that will be all from me because doing three matches like this back to back has made me realize that the Shadow at the start of an argument isnt the same as the Shadow thats finished writing the arugument. I do not have the energy for long discussions lmfao

Brazilian Jujutsu
I also can't recall this being legitimate. From what I've read nobody in Naruto was practicing ground game such as on ground submissions and choking. Furthermore this is a boxing match so I'd assume Sakura wouldn't be allowed to kick or do submissions as that would be very much illegal in a boxing match.

Edit: Nvm Sasuke has some ground game but only did it once.

With that being said this should probably be moved to the F&G board since this isn't a typical VS thread.

Saved Post From Yesterday:

I'm going to ignore the other arguments, not because I think they're dumb or anything (lol...) but because I didn't notice this was an actual boxing match, thought that was just a story.
Evasion does not equal better skill. She has better acrobatics but that doesn't mean much when it comes to actual outright hand to hand combat. Kakashi and Madara also have the benefit of genetics, allowing for Analytical Prediction which Sakura damn sure doesn't scale to. Madara literally swatted her away and stabbed her with one move with his eyes closed so you saying she scales to Madara is completely unfounded.
Again that's acrobatics. Not something that automatically means skill. Baki, Ohma, Yujiro and Vash can't dodge that many attacks but obviously you wouldn't use that to say Sakura is more skilled than them.
Due to Tsunade's training, she was able to read Sasori's attack patterns while consistently being on the backfoot and defensive. Sasori is an S Rank Akatsuki Member who was able to take down the Third Kazekage. Sasori is a master at assassination and puppetery something Kankuro and even Chiyo admitted inferiority to. Being able to read a Puppet Master's movements is NOT easy unless you have the Sharingan especially against someone like Sasori, who controls 100 puppets with just 10 fingers. That's 1 finger per 10 puppets, and he's able to masterfully control their movements, and be exceptionally adept in it.

Yes, Sakura has no experience in boxing, BUT she will have no problem reading Chad's moves. He's a boxer, which I'm in no way trying to downplay. But trying to compare a boxer to someone like Sasori is incredibly disingenuous. If she's able to read the very small intricacies of Sasori's FINGER movements, something even Chiyo and incredibly experienced and seasoned pupper master was dumbfounded at the fact, and even Sasori admitting that they'd be fighting forever if he didn't try to end it ASAP, then Sakura reacting to punches (something she naturally HAD to do while training under Tsuande anyway, who just throws punches [and kicks] anyways, although admittedly not a boxer like Chad is) is NOT that hard to imagine.

She was also able to fight toe-to-toe against Shin Uchiha, who has not just one but MULTIPLE Sharingans on his body, all active. The fact that she was able to fight on equal standing against someone with the Sharingan should tell you how skilled she is in close combat. Yes, Shin isn't a boxer, however fighting someone with the Sharingan (especially Mangekyo) should be exceptionally harder than fighting a boxer, as a Sharingan user can keep track of the smallest amounts of details and grant the user a huge increase in clarity and perception.

So while she might not be a boxer, she should be able to react to Chad's moves rather easily and land punches on Chad due to her incredible skill in close combat. So I'll vote for her for my reasons

Saved Post From Yesterday:

I'm going to ignore the other arguments, not because I think they're dumb or anything (lol...) but because I didn't notice this was an actual boxing match, thought that was just a story.
Tbh this thread is super weird.
Due to Tsunade's training, she was able to read Sasori's attack patterns while consistently being on the backfoot and defensive.
Fair point however boxers are essentially capable of the same. In boxing you are taught to predict incoming attacks based on muscle movement such as telegraphing from the shoulders, waist and hip movement as a basic which is why the Hitman stance / flicker jabs are so effective since those strikes don't allow for telegraphing.
Sasori is an S Rank Akatsuki Member who was able to take down the Third Kazekage.
This is a boxing match, Sasori isn't much of a striker instead he relies on his own abilities to overcome opponents. Sakura was beating his ass whenever they engaged into hand to hand consistently so using him as a benchmark isn't exactly impressive in that regard. He'd skilled in the usage of his own abilities but in terms of close range combat he's pretty much lackluster.
Sasori is a master at assassination and puppetery something Kankuro and even Chiyo admitted inferiority to.
Sasori does so by using his various abilities not by killing people with well placed punches or engaging in hand to hand combat. He's more so a distance and ranged fighter, which isn't applicable here given the nature of this fight. This is a typical boxing match, so feats like this aren't applicable to something like boxing.
Being able to read a Puppet Master's movements is NOT easy unless you have the Sharingan especially against someone like Sasori, who controls 100 puppets with just 10 fingers. That's 1 finger per 10 puppets, and he's able to masterfully control their movements, and be exceptionally adept in it.
Agreed there she has better Analytical Prediction and evasion however the latter is pretty difficult to do in a closed right area like a boxing ring. She wouldn't have that much room to dodge unless she employed Mayweather tactics.
Yes, Sakura has no experience in boxing, BUT she will have no problem reading Chad's moves.
The same could be said for Sakura. Predicting attacks based on telegraphing is common practice for even amateur boxers and Chad's is world class.

In terms of hand striking he's gonna be more skilled, boxing is his bread and butter whereas Shinobi in Naruto are more akin to Kung-Fu based striking which would be illegal in a boxing match. No kicking, holds or submissions are allowed here which greatly hampers Sakura's combat arsenal.
He's a boxer, which I'm in no way trying to downplay.
Oh i know, i hope my replies didn't sound like you meant to downplay his boxing.
But trying to compare a boxer to someone like Sasori is incredibly disingenuous.
Not really considering Sasori primarily a hand to hand combatant. His main thing is skill via puppetry which is good but it isn't applicable to something like boxing where he wouldn't be able to do that.
If she's able to read the very small intricacies of Sasori's FINGER movements, something even Chiyo and incredibly experienced and seasoned pupper master was dumbfounded at the fact.
Because he's also a puppet. His body isn't like ours, it isn't based on flesh, muscles and biological movements which is what Shinobi are trained to read like Boxers. As I said she's got better Analytical Prediction but I do find it incredibly disingenuous to say she can avoid all attacks.
and even Sasori admitting that they'd be fighting forever if he didn't try to end it ASAP, then Sakura reacting to punches (something she naturally HAD to do while training under Tsuande anyway, who just throws punches [and kicks] anyways, although admittedly not a boxer like Chad is) is NOT that hard to imagine.
Read above. I admitted she was better evasion and Analytical Prediction however her Analytical prediciton isn't infallible, flicker japs / the hitman stance should be enough to throw her off along with the timing of his attacks. Boxers are trained to throw unpredictable strikes such as a fast punch, a faster punch and a slow punch afterwards to throw off opponents. He also has significantly longer reach than her, so getting close to him would be difficult enough since he'd be able to strike her while keeping her at bay.
She was also able to fight toe-to-toe against Shin Uchiha, who has not just one but MULTIPLE Sharingans on his body, all active. The fact that she was able to fight on equal standing against someone with the Sharingan should tell you how skilled she is in close combat. Yes, Shin isn't a boxer, however fighting someone with the Sharingan (especially Mangekyo) should be exceptionally harder than fighting a boxer.
Not really, simply having a Sharingan doesn't really make you skilled. Danzo also had dozens of them all over him but that didn't help him much in regards to evading Sasuke. Furthermore Shin is also arrogant as ****, he isn't remotely a calm and collected fighter.
as a Sharingan user can keep track of the smallest amounts of details and grant the user a huge increase in clarity and perception.
Read above.
So while she might not be a boxer, she should be able to react to Chad's moves rather easily and land punches on Chad due to her incredible skill in close combat. So I'll vote for her for my reasons
Unfortunately this issue is that this is a boxing match, not anything else. Most of her options are restricted, she can't employ the majority of her Taijutsu so ultimately this comes down to who has more experience in boxing. Which is why quite frankly this doesn't work as a match as most of Sakura's shit is restricted meanwhile it's set in a favorable advantage for Chad. Due to the boxing ring her evasion is hampered since if she gets out the ring it's a loss, body flicker would be restricted along with literally 50% of her Taijutsu. Chad can keep her at bay with his vastly superior range and as a boxer in this match he'd have much more experience in dodging and moving around in a tight space.

Essentially this is just Mike Tyson vs Jackie Chan if he could only fight using boxing as his base style. It's incredibly unfair for Sakura to force her to use a style that she's not experienced in while also simultaneously restricting most of her skills due to them being considered illegal in boxing matches. Like this is essentially the equivalent of me making a versus forcing Sakura to use a gun against someone like Vash the Stampede while not allowing her to use her own skill. It's unbalanced as **** and blatant favoritism to Chad whenever you give her the bare minimum while giving Chad all the advantages he needs.

Armor isn't allowed in boxing, but tattoos are, Sakura wins.
Tattoo in Spanish solos.
f98ef5754a6bb7b1d885d88ec76381e7.jpg

Back