• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Annoying dog and asriel downgrade

Okay so I am still working on a far greater content revision which will cover all the god tiers. But i just wanted to get this out the way first. So i dont have to bring it up.

Asriel downgrade: Asriel should be downgraded to at least 2-C likely 2-B for the time being. Being infinitely superior to an at least 2-C does not give you a 2-B rating going by the wikis standards. This character for example doesnt get a 2-B rating despite the fact he is infinities superior to 2-C.

Annoying dog downgrade: Annoying dog does not view the games reality as pure non existent/lower dimensional fiction. He views everything as coding on his computer which made clear by his statements of programming the game. Coding is not something which we view as lower dimensional.

His best feat is simply creating the reality and physics of a multiverse and perfectly controling it which should give him some new abilities to his profile.

Annoying dog should be at least 2-C likely 2-B (with maybe a possibly higher rating)

Honestly, UT God tiers should just be outright 2-B imo. It's borderline impossible for less than 1000 resets having happened over the course of all of history, especially with Flowey knowing every possible outcome possible in the underground. It's not really possible to calc, but considering the sheer amount of monsters in the underground, it being done in less than 1000 resets just doesn't work at all.

But I do agree with downgrading the AD. Characters with far better reasons to be High 2-A just...aren't. The AD was never even confirmed to have created the UT verse. The only thing hinting to it are the AD being there after the game crash, the holes in reality thing with the rug and it acting like it's the creator of the game (sometimes), but it's not enough. I remember agreeing to 2-B, possibly High 2-A some time ago, yet he's back at full High 2-A for some reasons now...

The AD is a such a vague entity, to the point you can barely consider him a character in the first place.

I've always thought "Unknow" was a good tier for him because of how vague he is, but if he is that superior to Asriel and Chara (which I don't really remember being stated or strongly implied), "2-B" or "at least 2-B" is fine.

@saikou Maybe. We to know he has talked to asgore "hundreds of times" so that along is 20% of what it takes. Although i am revising how they scale and everything like that. So the ratings will likely be altered in some way in the future.

He also said he programmed the game via barking into text and speech on top of that. And in hard mode he is also shown to control the events within the game and is a representation of the game developer himself. Which all heavily implies he created and controls it.

So you dont think he should have any new abilities?

He didn't. He created an actual, physical game within the UT universe, not all of the reality of Undertale. The Dog's Room isn't some higher dimensional space where the dog created Undertale from, it's just a room.

@DMB 1 Ummm... Dont forget that this profile exists. both characters should be at least 2-C likely 2-B for now since their reasons for being 2-B only are not enough (unless we are upgrading all of them, but flowey may be downgraded anyway)

Read this post said:
@DMB 1 Ummm... Dont forget that this profile exists. both characters should be at least 2-C likely 2-B for now since their reasons for being 2-B only are not enough (unless we are upgrading all of them, but flowey may be downgraded anyway)
I was planning to request that profile to be deleted. Maybe I'll do it later.

@saikou Im pretty sure the room is supposed to be a representation of what he is doing. It does state pretty clear that he made the games reality.

@dmb1 Same here lol

Tbf, that entire scene was a 4th wall-breaking joke/gag. I'm not sure how seriously we should take it.

You need proofs to assume that. Annnd...We don't have that here. Anything that comes close to giving the AD powers in that room is the rug thing, but assuming High 2-A out of the dog making a game doesn't work at all.

The AD has some light reality warping due to the fabric with holes and maybeee you can interpret the dog existing after a crash screen to be a durability feat, but otherwise, he'd be unknown, yeah.

Im kind of confused. What makes the fabric with holes thing any more useful than him programming the game? Because both of them are on a room and dont contain a multiverse or anything based on what you said earlier.

Because "programming" the game didn't do anything at all. It just created a physical game like any normal human is capable of. It didn't affect the actual world of Undertale at all.

While the Dog is literally able to make himself unable to be fought due to the holes in reality. It's actual reality warping and not just a quick joke that calls back to Toby.

That is true. Even though it probably was the intent toby was going with, i suppose it is too vague to use. So you are ok with the downgrade for annoying dog. How about the one for asriel? Because his justification only currently makes him at least 2-C likely 2-B

As an aside, we need to downgrade the name of Annoying Dog. He's not Toby Fox and is never addressed as such even if he is an author-insert.

Like I said, I believe that all UT God Tiers should be outright 2-B instead of having that unnecessary 2-C.

@saikou Im revising the god tiers fully. Unfortunately you missed out on this thread which i did link you to on your wall when i made it. Their profiles could change in quite a few ways depending on how this revision goes.

So right now it is better to just keep asriels profile within wiki standards and then fix the profiles fully later.

Saikou is going to kill me isnt he?...

So... Anybody care to make the downgrades to at least annoying dog before we forget about this thread?

Undertale ctr's seem to die way to easily

Basing on these changes annoying dog should also have - higher dimensional existence, space time manipulation and large size type 10 removed

Abilities that need deciding apon are his - acausality, omnipresence, soul manipulation, cosmic awareness and his immortality

Ok. But what about acausality (type 5), omnipresence, soul manipulation, cosmic awareness and his immortality (type 1)?

Acausality probably sticks, he exists on a fabric of reality that it's too lazy to patch to let you interact with him

Soul Manipulation definitely sticks, everyone in the verse has it

I think it is due to existing after a game crash and he cant be removed from the games coding. Not sure what type that falls under.

In fact, now that i think about it, is his explanation for omnipresence even true? Game coding for undertale has never been shown to be cannon which is why we dont accept things like 9999 attack asriel. He hasnt shown to exist without a save file (which might not even be much of a feat). And the game crashing is technically just an error in the system (excluding the genocide route where annoying dog doesnt appear). Not even sure if that can be considered as a part of the story.

@Read this post I agree with downgrading Annoying Dog to 2-B.

Yes, Annoying Dog's omnipresence is true since he clearly can't leave that spot where you see the tear of the fabric of reality he's sleeping on while still able to exist in multiple locations at once and outside the game itself. Also yes, the game crashing is part of the story since both Flowey & Chara just did that.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Acausality probably sticks, he exists on a fabric of reality that it's too lazy to patch to let you interact with him
That's just a side effect of his reality warping and intangibility. Giving him type 5 acausality is massive overthinking.

Magi Hussie said:
@Read this post I agree with downgrading Annoying Dog to 2-B.
Yes, Annoying Dog's omnipresence is true since he clearly can't leave that spot where you see the tear of the fabric of reality he's sleeping on while still able to exist in multiple locations at once and outside the game itself. Also yes, the game crashing is part of the story since both Flowey & Chara just did that.
So what do you think about the unknown thing? Do you think he created the game as oppose to a normal game in his room? Or do you think the rug scales him to the reality?

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
...Oh, Nedge added the type 5 acausality.
...As he did to a bunch of profiles for no reason
Since originally the AD had an unknown degree of acuasality, he probably added type 5 after chakcing Azzy's outdated blog, and he thought that because of it, it would have been appropriate.

Back