• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Annoying dog revision (part 2)

I decided to make this into a new revision since it is hard bring up my post on the last thread and it would be better for a new revision. Anyway

Time to get down to this
What we need to truly look at is what toby fox intended annoying dog in the actual game itself to be. Him portraying annoying dog as one thing outside of the game (which was mainly hinted by trailers and tweets) does not affect what he is inside the game.

For example, if i created an avatar of myself called say, postman who is a literal representation of myself, and then i programmed them into a game which for this instance is canonically a game as well. However postmans feats ingame is just doing nothing but delivering letters and in his spare time, he creats a video game which resembles the game i created. Whilst the character idea of postman in general is a literal representation of me, ingame I would have only programmed him to be a random npc who makes gag references to me and through my own intent. It doesnt make him some supreme being nor creator.

I could continue to use this character in a trailer to advertise the game or use him as an avatar of myself on twitter, and ingame, still have him as a basic npc who acts as a throwback character to me. without him being some universal creator.

This is why you cant take information about a character outside its own series. Otherwise you are not focusing on what the character is supposed to be in that specific game and just focusing on the character as a composite/idea in general which is just blatantly going against cannon material.

Anyway, the annoying dog only has the following feats

• Creating a game which resembles undertale
  • Needing to patch holes in the fabric to fight the dog
  • Him talking about hardmode
  • Appearing in certain places and even being able to teleport in frisks inventory and in a neutral ending
  • Existing after a game crash
Patching the holes
This is status effect inducement, and to some extent reality warping, physics manipulation and data manipulation. He is able to fix patches supposedly in reality and stop you from fighting him until he does so. Ap wise this is unquantifiable as the scale he is doing this is unknown.

==Creating a game==

Nothing noteable as it is never implied to scale to the reality itself

==Appearing in many places==

Being able to appear in multiple places individually does not give you omnipresence. At best this is just teleportation.

Appearing in hard mode
Here we see that annoying dog has some influence on the game as he created the game mode where he made all of the enemies tougher. There are two possibilities as to where this falls under authors intent. First being that annoying dog was just making everyone stronger and was messing around with the game a little bit (but not on some multiversal scale). Or that annoying dog was actually the creator of the game and is a legitimate developer that is adding an incomplete section of the game (which if finished would involve a possible amp for asriel in his fight as well).

Considering how the other characters are heavily implied to view him as the developer in that scene, and he is able to give everyone 4th wall awareness, it is more likely he was the game developer in that scene and is the creator and programmer of undertale.

However due to this not heavily being enforced anywhere else, it is safer to give him an unknown, possibly 2-B rating as the other scenario is still possible.

Anyway. Higher dimensional existance, large size type 9, accitental universe creation and space time manipulation should be removed.

Game files themselves are really not cannon and his acausality at best is a small possibility. His abilities above should be added as well.

His omnipresence should be changed to unknown fra and has never been implied. Lifting strength should be unknown as he has never done anything like viewing the actual reality on his computer as opposed to possibly just creating everything and treating it as his game

His explanation for durability should be altered

Stamina is unknown

Range should be a possibility

And some of his sumary and explanations should be altered as well as a lot of it is still based on major assumptions. I think it would be best if someone unlocks the profile for me. But only when we figure out what to do with this acausality.

I think it is due to him believed to view the game as fiction and therefore exist outside its system. But now he is just a multiverse creator apparently and is still a part of the coding. So yeah, his type 5 should definitely go.

I agree with a downgrade from high 2-A at least. The game he created always looked to just be a reference to Undertale not the literal Undertale reality itself.

Well, this thread is only suggesting some abilities to be removed and for him to have an Unknow possibly Multiversal rating.

Is it ever even said that by stitching the fabric he is creating reality? I think that it's literally just a piece of fabric. Of course, to us it's a metaphor for making a game, but within the universe it's just a dog with fabric.

Tbh, I think he should be 9-A along with the rest of the normal monsters. Or just Unknown due to Frisk never fighting him.

I dont see any reason to put him at 9-A. There is basically no reason to scale him to normal monsters. His tier should be unknown possibly 2-B due to the hint that he is the creator.

To hopefully save this thread the day before it'd be a necro.

You mentioned in the OP that one of AD's feats is being around after a game crash, but you never went into what the implications of this would be. What are they?

Is if ever stated that by stitching the fabric he is actually creating reality itself? And him appearing in a crash screen shouldn't really be a feat.

Nearly forgot about this. Yeah, the feats in the op are really just everything he has generally done. The feat itself might be unquantifiable if not unuseable.

Its never stated that stitching the fabric is creating reality. Its more of reference to fixing stuff in the game, though its used in verse as a throwback joke to toby doing this.

How do people not understand his Type 5 Immortality? If someone tries to delete him from the game or the game's files themselves it will not work, and he exists as a constant in the verse to the point where he exists as the only thing left even if the entire game is bugged/crashed.

Of course, he should also have Type 2, but that's a thread for another day.

I still day AD should be Unknown, due to all of his feats being misread as literal, while they are not. He isn't creating the Undertale universe by stitching fabric. He's just stitching fabric, and that isn't a 2-B feat.

Him appearing after a game crash is game mechanics at best. Definitely not worthy of it being taken as a 2-B feat.

If we we're to give him a concrete tier other than Unknown, I see no reason to have him be anything higher than a 9-A, the standard for all Undertale monsters. He hasn't shown anything superior to them.

He may be the self-insert of Toby Fox, but in-universe he's just another monster.

In many Pokémon games, the devs put NPCs of themselves in as a joke, even saying things like "I created you." to the protagonist. This is much more explicit, of course, but I don't even think characters like these are allowed on the wiki.

Maybe "game mechanics" isn't the best wording for it. Just because the dog is in the background of a screen that results in the game not loading properly, doesn't mean that he exists outside of time and space. Glitches aren't counted as feats, and a game crash screen shouldn't be any different.

He didn't create the world of Undertale by barking, he programmed a game by barking. Just a video game in the Undertale world, not the Undertale universe itself. There isn't any evidence that by barking into a game making program, he created his own universe.

Except in-universe he created the universe too, as that avatar itself has also stated that fact.

The Pokemon devs or whoever are a lot less clear cut and harder to tier than one man.

It's because of what happens WHEN those things occur. The Dirty Hacker ending is part of the reason why Sans has 4th Wall Awareness.

That game is heavily implied to be Undertale, going by how the game's cover looks in real life. Also, Mettaton mentioned that he doesn't appear in the game until roughly 2/3rds of the way through, which is also true with Undertale.

This is what bother me about Annoying Dog: why him being exist when game is crashing allowed to be included but Player who hacks the game and confronted by Sans is not even allowed in one of the ending, they are both the same thing because you won't find both Annoying dog and Player do those kind of thing in normal playthough unless we do something about it.

Honestly... Im actually finding having the annoying dogs profile here in general kinda questionable. His feats are nigh unquantifiable and could be speculated as being a 9-A with toon force to a 2-B with a bunch of more hax. I dont really see much difference between the dog and a lot of other author inserts that are disregarded.

Idk man I mean if ya then look at actually characters in the verse like Omega flowey, chara, and Asriel Dreemur begin for the most part Multiversal to Multiversal +(correct me if I'm wrong). I can't see a definitive reason as to why he couldn't be that considering the test you can do throughout the game. Like deleting everything in the game include the after mentioned multiverse hitters from the beginning and he is all that remains. Other proofs that I would think it isn't just Toon force would be examples like this one where it's no longer about just the game but outside of the game itself. As for feats in game they can (and should) be seen with some skepticism.

Viewing something 4-D as fiction now is enought to be Low 1-C (Just check his AP justification)

Does viewing something as coding/data make it higher dimensional? Because that is the main reason he was downgraded.

"Characters who can significantly affect spaces of qualitatively greater sizes than ordinary universal models and spaces, usually represented in fiction by higher planes or levels of existence which trivialize everything below them into insignificance, either by perceiving them as akin to fictional constructs or having a size equivalent to a greater infinity in relation to them."

I'm not sure, but likely not in that case.

Read this post said:
Does viewing something as coding/data make it higher dimensional? Because that is the main reason he was downgraded.
Having coded and created fictional world would be higher dimensional I think.

Hmmm. Anyone specific i should ask? Because most of the beings who were changed from 11-A to 10-C for being coding seem to be at that level still.

Also it should be noted that nobody in undertale is 4D. Only power wise.

Ultima and Saikou.

Saikou's planning a revision on this that will change how we treat data characters and whether they should land in 11-A or 10-C.

Back