• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Annoying Orange Discussion Thread

Nana nana nana nana BUTTMAN!

So for everyone here! How long has anyone been following and/or a fan of the AO for?

For me, mid 2010s.

It's unbelievable that Dane has worked on the series for 14-15 years now, and that's because he switched his target audience to children.

There are of course, older fans that still watch his videos (like us). I'm pretty much 18 and watched one of their recent vids last night.

i think we should discuss the prospect of multi solar system level annoying orange here

in this video orange eats earth, several planets, and a star, before the screen cuts to black

afterwards we see grapefruit floating around in a black void, meaning orange consumed the entire night sky

is this a valid feat? if so, how would it affect orange’s variable tier?

is this a valid feat? if so, how would it affect orange’s variable tier?
I'm starting in the deep end of the stellar tiers, and while I'm a fan that has been following AO for years, I haven't been a true one (these reasons should be noted).

Unless there are other explanations for the scene cutting to black, it looks valid.

Edit: Though question, do we have a canonical explanation for the AO's power levels? The rules state that there has to be a canon reason for why a character's power level would fluctuate.

i don’t think spongebob has that and yet his tier is still variable
There's a thread regarding the standards on the varies tier standards linked in the history of the AP page. And since spongebob doesn't follow the rule of establishing a consistent reason for fluctuating power levels, that means his profile is a bad example to use. Not to mention that it should be CRTed to fit with the rules.

Edit: Also, for the retiering, we could pick the most logically consistent tier AO would be at. It doesn't have to rely on numerical consistency.

Last edited:
welcome-back-v0-ytsv6sn5n9bc1.jpeg

Edit: Also, for the retiering, we could pick the most logically consistent tier AO would be at. It doesn't have to rely on numerical consistency.
orange’s feats are probably most commonly tier 8, however he also has multiple tier 6 feats, and several above that, so putting him in tier 8 feels wrong

orange’s feats are probably most commonly tier 8, however he also has multiple tier 6 feats, and several above that, so putting him in tier 8 feels wrong
Solution: find a consistent explanation for each or all of the feats.

So by your logic, AO should be at tier 6.

I've reevaled the black hole feat by Orange in this vid. Despite the guy's shading clothing choice, the guy has shown to be knowledgeable and honest consistently to the sour candies he holds. However, he stated that Orange was a vortex to dimension sour.

The Orange wasn't stated to be an actual black hole; he's turned into a dimensional portal. Though does the vortex have typical properties of a black hole?

For a frame of reference, this is what an actual black hole looks like. Though more evidence to the typical properties of a black hole is appreciated.
he has feats in tier 5 and tier 4 as well
Also, do we have consistent explanations for the tier 4 and 5 feats?

I've reevaled the black hole feat by Orange in this vid. Despite the guy's shading clothing choice, the guy has shown to be knowledgeable and honest consistently to the sour candies he holds. However, he stated that Orange was a vortex to dimension sour.

The Orange wasn't stated to be an actual black hole; he's turned into a dimensional portal. Though does the vortex have typical properties of a black hole?

For a frame of reference, this is what an actual black hole looks like. Though more evidence to the typical properties of a black hole is appreciated.
yeah no it's not an actual black hole at all lol, just a portal to dimension sour

however orange should get 3-A environmental destruction with it since he was stated to be capable of consuming the universe
Also, do we have consistent explanations for the tier 4 and 5 feats?
orange's 4-A feat involved him massively increasing in size, which i guess would explain the power boost

aside from that, orange survived getting blown up with enough TNT to destroy jupiter. it's implied that this was only 40x the amount orange usually uses, which could make it somewhat consistent. he also survived the sun exploding from earth.

orange's 4-A feat involved him massively increasing in size, which i guess would explain the power boost

aside from that, orange survived getting blown up with enough TNT to destroy jupiter. it's implied that this was only 40x the amount orange usually uses, which could make it somewhat consistent. he also survived the sun exploding from earth.
The first feat of him increasing in size is a valid, though one can challenge the assumption that it could be somewhere else in the universe or that he could've consumed everything in the universe. And for the former assumption, the distance of the Earth to the stars on average would be unusable in the original calc. However, the feat is at a bare minimum, 4-A since there's no confirmation for other assumptions besides the consumption of the entire night sky.

The first explosion feat is him very close to the TNT and in-turn, the epicenter of the blast. The second feat involves the inverse square law and is actually a lower tier than 4-A.

4-A sounds like a valid consistent tier for the AO.

there's tons. pear regularly gets hurt by everyday objects falling on him.
There are problems with this anti feat. It doesn't explain how AO is able to do 4-A feats while being in tier 9 or something. There's also the fact that most of the objects are smaller than pear in nature and the heaviest ones are grown men. Even assuming the latter are at their average weights, they would scale as being lower than the durability of a person withstanding a fall from terminal velocity at most (9-B).

There are problems with this anti feat. It doesn't explain how AO is able to do 4-A feats while being in tier 9 or something. There's also the fact that most of the objects are smaller than pear in nature and the heaviest ones are grown men. Even assuming the latter are at their average weights, they would scale as being lower than the durability of a person withstanding a fall from terminal velocity at most (9-B).
this is why inconsistent cartoon characters should be allowed to have variable tiers

That's not from the Webseries, the AO profile explicitly states that the Cartoon Network show is noncanon. Anyways, I forgot the episode name, though it is within 5 years or less ago. So I'll give up on that front

I did find a feat of Pear effortlessly withstanding squashing another pear. yes, I'll find that funny feat instead
this is why inconsistent cartoon characters should be allowed to have variable tiers
If that's the case, then dispute this thread's arguments against variable tiers for cartoon characters. The thread is the reason why variable tiers aren't allowed.

By example of allowing this, outliers would be considered for equally inconsistent non-cartoon characters (like comic book characters from Marvel/DC Comics).

Also, hasn't Pear withstood the first initial everyday objects dropping on him in terms of damage?

Well, the respect thread on the AO also lists that the AO can harm Pear by striking him; the cast regularly withstands TNT that blows up the kitchen on a frequent basis (like this instance). The respect thread also lists a feat of him withstanding the initial force of Orange attacking him off the counter.

Isn't pear consistently very durable and superhuman in injury stamina though?

The analog horror of ask Orange has had him withstand getting eaten alive and casually floating in acid too. And Pear's AP and dura should scale since he can effortlessly squash himself and withstand the force of him squashing himself. And the AO should scale to Pear.
Here's the vid of Pear squashing himself to illustrate that he and the AO scale:

i think orange should be 5-A, 4-A at his peak (since theres a justifiable reason for his power boost in that scene)

i dont think he has enough anti feats which are treated seriously, deal lasting damage, and are caused by entities who lack the toon force present in his verse for us to really say his tier should be any lower

i think orange should be 5-A, 4-A at his peak (since theres a justifiable reason for his power boost in that scene)

i dont think he has enough anti feats which are treated seriously, deal lasting damage, and are caused by entities who lack the toon force present in his verse for us to really say his tier should be any lower
Sounds consistent.

AO and the gang frequently withstand the AO's explosions on a daily basis.

Wait, if we told AO and the gang are superhuman based off these feats, would the gang think we're smoking crack or something?

Back