• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ape Escape Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino_Ranger_Black

VS Battles
Retired
Hello, everybody. This is Dino Ranger Black once again. I'm here to provide a minor revision and possible to one of my favorite and sadly obscure video game series: Ape Escape. This franchise is a rather wacky one, it focuses on a group of individuals catching monkeys lead by an incredibly intelligent monkey with psychic powers(No, it's not Gorilla Grodd). Although, weird things has happened in this verse such as giant robots, time travel, shrinking, a gay pedophilic monkey(I'm sadly not kidding about this) and alien invasion, you still probably wouldn't have expected a Universal feat out of it.....until now. This thread will be focusing on Grid Core and the game he first appeared in: Ape Escape Pumped and Primed. Think of it as Mario Party with Ape Escape Characters. Initially, when I made his profile, I had him at 5-B since despite merely just starting using the disc in himself, he reality warped the entire Virtual World(The main setting of the game), due to the fact the Virtual World is actually identical to the Real World except inhabitants doesn't have to worry about being hurt within the tournament, until Grid Core came completely changed that with people's lives on the line.

However, I seemed to overlook some of the stages with important details within the tournament. There's actually stages that contains:

a su

a random sector in space that contains a nebula and a large planet (Possibly Jupiter)

another sector consisting of a large blue planet

And the Grid Core was able to warp and manipulate every, single, of these courses.

All these courses and cutscenes suggests that Virtual World is no mere replica of Earth, rather than the entire universe. And the Grid Core was able to disort and warp it all. Keep in mind he did this and created the Super Piptrons with only 1% of the disk's data.

I believe with all these feats, the Grid Core should be Low 2-C as a result. I might as well clarify this before anyone ask: No, the main cast of Ape Escape clearlly will not scale to him. This either be regarded as an outlier for them or that the Grid Core is a glass cannon.

I believe unless it is explicitly stated to be of the same size as a regular universe, we can only go by what we directly see.

While it's size have never been notified, the fact that it's basically a virtual replica of it should support it.

I could be wrong, but like I said I think feats of alternate universes, pocket realms, etc. need evidence of being universe sized. It's why Touhou, Kaguya, Magolor, Mario etc. haven't been rated as Low 2-C.

Wouldn't be a virtual world be different that a real one? It would be like Neo with the Matrix; or did I miss something about affecting in same way the real world?

Hmm.....you may have a point. I probably shouldn't of make that suggestion right off the bat with very few descriptions. Will 4-A, possibly 3-A do instead?

If other staff are also okay with this, sure. But I still think that we should go with only what is evidenced to be in this realm. And that does seem to be the way we've handled most things like this. So for now I'd only say 4-A.

Very well.

@Antoniofer

As far as rules are concern, I believe the only one is that people can't get hurt prior to Grid Core.

Oh btw, Ryu.......I forgot to ask if you can make a profile link for the SARU 003 on the verse's main page. You can actually use the animated picture for that one.

I have done so. I used the original image that you prefered for the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back