• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Valiant_Abyss

He/Him
I don't even know if this match is allowed but lets go for it.

Archie vs Maxie

Strongest keys used.
maxresdefault.jpg

Sailor:

Nerd:

Zinnia calls upon the floating green snake: 1

Last edited:
Mightyena are tied, Crobat are tied, Weezing's tankier and haxier, Sharpedo beats Weezing, but is somewhat damaged, barely beats Camerupt, loses to Groudon, loses to Kyogre.

I vote Archie.

Aren't canonically Groudon and Kyogre supposed to be equal?
Mightyena are tied, Crobat are tied, Weezing's tankier and haxier, Sharpedo beats Weezing, but is somewhat damaged, barely beats Camerupt, loses to Groudon, loses to Kyogre.

I vote Archie.
The battle kinda uses game mechanics (which yes Pokémon is a game, but in all other media Pokémon battles are not turn based)

Oh, and canonically, when Groudon and Kyogre fight, their abilities don't cancel each other, but rather create a sort of fused weather that mixes sun and rain

So all around, Kyogre and Groudon should be equal to each other, meaning they cancel each other out, with the rest of Maxie and Archie's team also being equal

This is probably inconclusive

The battle kinda uses game mechanics (which yes Pokémon is a game, but in all other media Pokémon battles are not turn based)

Oh, and canonically, when Groudon and Kyogre fight, their abilities don't cancel each other, but rather create a sort of fused weather that mixes sun and rain

So all around, Kyogre and Groudon should be equal to each other, meaning they cancel each other out, with the rest of Maxie and Archie's team also being equal

OOF

The wiki uses game mechanics to argue pokemon regardless

Considering how Groudon and Kyogre are pretty much the only relevant entities in this match

both can go primal

Groudon only has a ground weakness that Kyogre can't contest
while it can spam Slarbeam right back

pretty sure Groudon wins

Without game mechanics then it's inconclusive

The wiki uses game mechanics to argue pokemon regardless
For some parts yeah, but if only game mechanics counts we'd have ridiculous stuff like 2-A Rattata because it can use FEAR to ko it or whatever. I'm pretty sure Game mechanics are mostly just for stat boosts from moves and such that they have like speed and AP increases I think
Considering how Groudon and Kyogre are pretty much the only relevant entities in this match

both can go primal

Groudon only has a ground weakness that Kyogre can't contest
while it can spam Slarbeam right back

pretty sure Groudon wins

Without game mechanics then it's inconclusive
The thing is that with Pokemon canonically showing Groudon and Kyogre being able to activate their abilities at the same time (in Emerald, but also seen in the anime, and probably manga too), Groudon and Kyogre probably just stalemate each other like how it was with them since forever. Archie and Maxie should probably be around equally as skilled too given Archie is from Pokemon Sapphire while Maxie is from Ruby

For some parts yeah, but if only game mechanics counts we'd have ridiculous stuff like 2-A Rattata because it can use FEAR to ko it or whatever. I'm pretty sure Game mechanics are mostly just for stat boosts from moves and such that they have like speed and AP increases I think

The thing is that with Pokemon canonically showing Groudon and Kyogre being able to activate their abilities at the same time (in Emerald, but also seen in the anime, and probably manga too), Groudon and Kyogre probably just stalemate each other like how it was with them since forever. Archie and Maxie should probably be around equally as skilled too given Archie is from Pokemon Sapphire while Maxie is from Ruby
1. That's exactly why you should FEAR Rattata
2. i mean yeah I agreed with you but there's 2 perspectives here. One if you use only lore, and 1 if you use game mechanics to a certain degree. They tie in scenario 1, but Groudon wins scenario 2

Back