• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ark Lifting Strength Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

KieranH10

VS Battles
Retired
So currently, the pages for Ark: Survival Evolved all have Lifting Strength's in the Class K to Class M range, this is due to their weight capacities in-game, which would allow them to hold a certain ammount of Metal Walls, going off this calc, I have continued to use this calc as a justification for my newer pages, as the old profiles from Ark (Being The Manticore, Arthropleura, Titanosaur, Mantis, and Human) haven't had any issues for around two years to my knowledge, so I thought they were fine, but recently I realised the calc in question hadn't been fully accepted in the first place and that using a game mechanic to find lifting strength is a bit iffy too, after all, it leads to Class K Arthropleura's.

I was thinking about what should be done, as far as I know lifting strength shouldn't be calculated like this (Unless it's all fine... wouldn't I look great then...), so I was thinking lifting strength should be scaled to something else, some creatures can actually carry structures on their back, so that would likely be fine to use, most other creatures can carry the player, which would give them at least Regular Human lifting strength, but then there's stuff like the Rex, which can clearly lift more than just a human, but can't carry structures, so we'd have to go off weight or something.

Overall I don't think using the Weight Capacity of creatures in-game should be used to find lifting strength, as it's likely Hammerspace, so I would like any input before any other profiles are made. So any ideas? Thanks for reading.

I agree with the first post. Perhaps "Unknown" or "Superhuman" Lifting Strength would be most appropriate, if you do not have any feat to scale from.

Thanks, i'll use superhuman if the creature is unknown since they're clearly superior to smaller creatures but to an unknown degree. I'll likely be doing calcs for the creatures that can carry structures so they'll be fine. and almost all creatures can at least carry a human so they should be ok too. Thanks for the input.

Okay. No problem.

Should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back