• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Articuno vs Kushala Daora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kushala seems to have the AP advantage and resists ice, but Articuno has a fair bit on its side as well. It freezes opponents on contact, intimidator sometimes makes an enemy too scared to attack, Articuno has speed amps in agility and sheer cold which will one-shot Kushala.

What is Kushala's dura negation and what does Kushala's power null work on?

Durability Negation is based off of the Dragon Element (which I will link to at the bottom of this comment). It negates durability as it deals damage in proportion to the target's intellect. Meaning that the smarter the target is, the more damage Dragon element will be able to hurt it.

The Dragon Element is also capable of removing Elemental properties from attacks like ice, fire, water and electricity (which is a big chunk of the power null iirc, but you might have to talk to Mr. Bambu about that), and it also weakens a target by sapping strength.

Sorry for the late response btw.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Element

Ice type attacks are super effective against Dragon-types in Pokemon, though.

So idk how this'll work here. Just cancel out?

Kushala Daora isn't a Dragon-type pokémon though.

Chances are, no, they will not just cancel out.

I'm not so certain on that verse equalization.

In Pokemon, ice attacks are super effective due to a weakness of the dragons. I'm fairly sure we don't give weaknesses characters don't have.

So I suppose Kushala via AP and resisting ice? Dunno much about Pokemon so if I'm missing something lmk.

Articuno has abilities that allow it to heal, increase its own speed and bolster it's physical defenses. It also has some precog apparently in the form of Mind Reader.

Although it should be noted that almost all of Articuno's attacks can be sealed off via the Dragon Element, as Kushala has Power Null on its side.

All of that is manual though and in the place of attacks, ye?

I still vote Kushala, then.

It could but

Even then, IIRC that's like

Heavily inaccurate and might not work.

I dunno if it'll work or not but doesn't seem like a changing factor. Wincon, mehbe, but not a good one.

Sheer cold is indeed a highly inaccurate move. So it would not be wise to rely on it for victory.

Accuracy is game mechanics though. In the anime + manga it's no easier to dodge than say hyper beam.

It really isn't game mechanics if Pokedex entries (literally in-game lore) describe it as being really difficult to hit with.

The enemy will faint instantly if this attack hits, but it's hard to land this move.
~ Pokemon: Super Mystery Dungeo​

That isn't a Pokédex entry. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series happens in a separate world to the regular Pokemon universe, where humans (for the most part) and therefore the Pokédex don't exist. That description isn't actual in-game lore

'If it hits' does not equal 'it is highly inaccurate'. Again, it's portrayed as either a blue beam or an omnidirectional wave, the former of which is no easier to dodge than any other beam attack (i.e. Hyper Beam) and the latter of which is very hard to dodge in general.

Also the Pokedex doesn't record descriptions of moves, so that doesn't even prove it's canon even if you ignore the above.

I will say, Sheer Cold is an ice based attack, and thanks to that property, couldn't it be sealed away by the power null in Kushala's Dragon Element?

I mean

He has to hit first and frankly, no. Dragon Element could power null and Sheer Cold could miss. But Articuno has an in-character win condition. It isn't a stomp.

Honestly, this discussion seems like it's using the logic of "nothing can touch Kushala" due to the Dragon type ability, except someone that has a Dragon-type attack.

I don't see why this isn't a Stomp.

Not really, if it can attack before being power nulled or if Sheer Cold can hit Articuno can win, we just think it's unlikely. It's not a definite win, because Articuno has multiple chances to win, but a majority of the time Kushala takes it.

So the power null doesn't prevent elemental moves from being used, it just turns them into non-elemental attacks?

If it's something like ice beam, then it would be negated altogether. If something like, for example, iron tail, then it would only be turned to non-element since you are also hitting it with your body.

oh hey grace ended like a day ago fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back