• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Astro Boy minor speed downgrade and a question

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Hello everyone. I spotted a minor problem with Astro Boy's speed. His 1963 incarnation is rated as FTL+ for outspeeding the nuclear capsule. The feat itself is fine but I think the calc inflated the results a bit.

The calc used the runtime of the event as a timeframe, which is inaccurate because we don't actually see the event finishing (Astro's death happening off screen), the episode ends on Astro flying into the sun, about to die.

I calced the feat at 9c.

However since it's very close to FTL+ and he did the feat while not at full speed, he might stay FTL+ but to a lesser extent. If others disagree, I'd be fine with just putting him at FTL.

As for my question, original Manga Astro is rated at "Relativistic+, possibly FTL" for being comparable to Zoloman. I haven't read that far into the manga but I assume scaling him to Zoloman is fine. However, Zoloman's feat was calculated at 0.996c which is stupidly close to FTL. Should we remove his FTL rating or make him solidly FTL? I'm really not sure.

Edit: Also I think his 60s key should be downgraded to Low 7-B since his best calculated feat that I'm aware of is this at 1-3 Megatons.

Thanks, but I'm still not sure whether or not he should scale up from the speed feats since they're both so close to the cut off point or not. Personally, I think 1963 Astro would scale up to FTL+ since he wasn't going near full speed when he performed the feat.

Not sure what to do with Zoloman since he's literally 0.004% under the SoL barrier.

Speaking of the God of Manga, I need to read through the original manga more. Apparently theirs Tier 5 and 4 feats but I don't know if they scale to Astro (supposedly he scales to at least 1 tier 4 feat though). The obscure 80s American comic series also seems pretty strong but not sure to what extent.

And the final boss of an obscure Tezuka video game ("Edge of Time") was said to be able to tear apart universes but that game is lost to the either. RIP Tier 3 Astro Boy.

Oh that's really cool the only tier 4 Astro feats I knew of before were reforming stars in omega factor and Bem's Suicide

Back