• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Astro Boy upgrades

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
I meant to do this earlier. I want to thank Crop for finding this for me.

At the end of Astro Boy: Omega Factor (great game by the way, I highly recommend it), Astro confronts the three eyed sorcerer Sharaku and they have this little exchange.

Astro: Sharaku! Admit it! You cannot defeat me!

Sharaku: Don't get carried away! You pathetic piece of metal junk! Why do you think I called you up to fight me?

Astro: Uh-oh.

Sharaku: Do you know what the Omontanim inside the Death Mask really is? Isn't it too convenient to have a substance that can destroy electronic brains?

Astro: What do you mean?

Sharaku:Omontanium isn't just a radiactive substance. It's actually 'living metal'. It was part of a creature brought to Earth by someone in ancient times. Its the ability to destroy robots is only a small part of its power. With proper control, it can even reform stars. It's power is simply limitless. This is Mu's hidden treasure, known as Garon.

Astro: What?

Sharaku: And Pook is the key to control Garon. You, or should I say your real name, Pick! You are the heart of Garon! Unlock the omontanium from the Death Mask and take care of Astro!

Astro:
Pook! Don't do this!

Pook: My real name is Pick! Garon! Heart force!

Source.

Astro would go onto defeating Garon at full control over his powers.

Therefore, I think Astro Boy in Omega Factor should be 4-C.

This scales too: North, Denkou, Brontus, Epsilon, Pook, Atlas, Pluto, Sharaku, President Deadcross and maybe some one.

Also, 2009 Astro Boy should be anywhere from 7-C to 7-A given this old calc of mine: User blog:Darkanine/Astro Boy 2009: Astro Halts Metro City.

They can still hurt him in combat, but they aren't as versatile or strong. I don't think they'll completely scale, but Likely or Possibly 4-C should suffice.

Ah man, sorry I missed that thread, I guess we can just discuss the changes here now. I agree with Time Paradox Immunity and very much agree with the "intelligence upgrade".

I also agree with the scales, I said it to support better the Astro > Garon.

Thank you, I will later make a profile for (Hosuke) Sharaku, he has a lot of interesting powers and I already proposed to myself to see his anime.

It was more or less a joke given something vague in Omega Factor. Just ignore it.

Seems alright for the most part, all of the information is there, so I can see it happening.

Wait (minor thing), Atlas wasn't that strong in his last battle, maybe he shouldn't scale.

Yeah I'm second guessing the scaling past the big three (Astro, Sharaku, Pook) in general. Should probably scale to the Worlds Strongest Robots though.

Someone added the Star level stats but forgot the proper justification for durability, the increase in intellect and the Time Paradox Immunity.

Also I made this, any good opponent?

I suppose that this seems to make sense, but should we have separate statistics keys/columns for different incarnations of Astro Boy? He was nowhere near star level in the original Tezuka comics for example.

Okay. Never mind then. Perhaps we should close this thread?

@Antvasima What's your opinion with the major upgrade in intellect and Time Paradox Immunity for Astro?

@Ant. Yeah, it comes from the "Omega Factor" continuity, which is loosely based off the 2003 anime with characters from all over Tezuka's works (which makes sense given his writing style), which makes me curious of Garon is still 4-C in his original manga.

I really would like to read through the original Tezuka manga, but it's incredibly expensive nowadays. Like with the 1963 anime (which is really good by the way), it's very hard to find anywhere.

@Eficiente I'm personally okay with those additions.

@Darkanine From what I research, Garon in his Manga is a character designed to be extremely powerful and is able to alter the weather of the whole world.

@Eficiente

Why do you think that he should get an upgrade in intelligence and time paradox immunity?

@Darkanine

Okay. The original manga was released in Sweden some years ago, so I bought and read several of the volumes at the time. You might be able to find it in some online manga archive.

@Antvasima After Sharaku sent the Marine Express "30000 years back in time and space", Astro was able to return to the future by calculating the time space points that Sharaku distorted returning to the future with just 5 years of delay. And just 3 months the second time he tried. He also managed to surprise him for the end of the game and solve his complex plan in the timeline.

After the first time Astro died, he's revived with the ability to travel through time to live the same events over and over again and solve his mistakes in order to defeat Sharaku and solve his puzzle. He can evolve in the timeline a form A, B and C, then go back when he was A as C take another course and continue to exist as C.

Hmm. I suppose that may be acceptable then. However, which version/statistics key of Astro would this apply to?

Also, what about the intelligence?

@Antvasima I already said that, Astro "was able to return to the future by calculating the time space points that Sharaku distorted returning to the future with just 5 years of delay. And just 3 months the second time he tried" and the first time was before receiving the power to travel through time, outliers in intelligence are not a thing, right? Just Omega Factor Astro.

Okay. Perhaps "Extraordinary Genius" would be appropriate then?

He's smarter than Astro, took advantage of the robot-human conflicts to almost dominate the world an unmentioned amount of times and has major understanding in the fields of magic, ESP and robotics.

I think I'll wait until the Acausality discussion reaches a conclusion to add Time Paradox Immunity/Acausality. I've added the revised intelligence though.

Back