• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Atalanta (Fate/Apocrypha) vs Emiya (Archer)

@Maple

You do realize that Archer is literally limited to hand-to-hand and regular arrows without his Noble Phantasms, right?

Atalanta stomps Archer in terms of raw archery and her arrows will easily one-shot him, given that they can pierce Siegfried's Armor of Fafnir.

With Noble Phantasms is more reasonable, but range matters. If it's a sniping contest, Atalanta still wins. If they're up close, Archer should take it.

Round 1: Atalanta easily takes this, superior archery skills along with arrows that can wound Karna and Siegfried should be more than enough to one shot.

Round 2: Still Atalanta, Phoebus Catastrophe is a kill unless Archer projects Rho Aias but then Atalanta would take the opportunity to one shot him after he drops it. Crossing Arcadia, the Spurt skill along with A-rank agility would ensure Atalanta doesn't get into a cqc fight after that she picks him off from medium to long range quite easily. Only way I see Archer winning is going for Hrunting spam but he probably dies before he manages to do it.

Tbh I can see it switching to Archer's favor if

A: Noble Phantasms allowed

B: The battle starts automatically in Unlimited Blade Works

I would still give it to Atalanta in that scenario. Phoebus Catastrophe is just too good against Emiya. There's really nothing he can do to counter it except Rho Aias, and that leaves him open to get one-shotted. And if she starts out the fight in a Reality Marble, you can bet that's going to be her opening move. And she's to agile to instantly die to swordspam, so he can't even kill her before she uses it,

What about Hakunon's Nameless, if you take him just after facing BB (without mythological mystic code) with all his will to protect his master, can he take this by himself?

Assuming the fight takes place in the Moon Cell and starts in UBW, then yes, he could take it thanks to Excalibur Mirage, but i think Atalanta would still win most of the time. He needs to actually project EM and fire it, Atalanta just needs to land one shot, and she can definitely shoot faster than he can project something like EM.

Back