• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack Potency of S-Class Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwellken

RP Elder
There seems to be a common misconception concerning the attack potency of S-Class heroes. It probably stems from a line in the original webcomic that introduces S-Class as heroes who could easily defeat monsters of disaster level "Demon" which are defined in the comic and the onepunchman wiki as beings that are a "Threat to a whole city or Its functionality", and also implied that they can take on those of disaster level "Dragon" which are classified as a "Threat to multiple cities". My guess is that someone lazily interpreted these as City Level and Island Level (Which makes no sense.) respectively. While this could possibly work for the monsters themselves, it's not a good way to determine the AP of the heroes that beat them. As a huge fan of One Punch Man I would prefer that the profiles be accurate and with permission from the community, have the existing S-Class heroes' (The few currently on the site) stats looked at more closely.

What is the attack potency you're suggesting then?

Meteor was a Dragon level, it would have wiped out a county or a small island. Scaling Metal Bat to a Dragon's attack potency makes sense because ONE specifically said Metal Bat is on par with Dragons. Also Metal Bat is definitely above Genos, have you even read the original webcomic?

Meteor was a Dragon level, it would have wiped out a county or a small island.

Every Dragon level is able to wipe out a country or a small island? Proofs, please.

Moreover. Where are proofs that Dragon level monsters have a country or a small island durability?

@Lord Kavpeny

Well Genos stats seem to be legit since they come from his feats and have links to the calcs used on his page. The problem with Flash and Metal Bat is they have very little feats and are currently based on pure speculation (and wrongful speculation at that.) . I think the speed of most S-Class can scale from Genos, but seeing as the majority of them have different attacks styles it wouldn't make sense for them to all be scaled the same way. For example Lightspeed Flash is ranked because of his speed and not necessarily for his strength and attack potency (as seen when he was stuck under some rubble and required Saitama to remove it for him) If he had island level AP it should have been simple for him to just crush the rocks in his way. For those who accent in physical strength like Bang, Darkshine, or Metal Bat, I think they could powerscale from Genos' City Level+, but getting their AP from demon or dragon monsters makes little sense.

@Spartan1204

I'm caught up in both the webcomic and the manga by Murata Yusuke. Btw, Saitama destroyed that comet while all the present S-Class were powerless to do anything.

@Edwellken Bang was clearly hiding something because later in the webcomic he would ONESHOT, not on par with, but ONESHOT TWO dragon level monsters. Genos couldn't even damage a dragon. In regards to Metal Bat, fine we scale it to Genos, Genos has to go all-out against top tier Demon levels to beat them, Metal Bat oneshots them, how would that make him the same tier as Genos?

@A6colute Alright, I agree, it would be foolish to think Metal Bat is on par with the top tier Dragon levels, but putting him as the same tier as Genos makes no sense when he is clearly above.

I believe top tier Demons, Sea King and G4, would be City+ AP. Top tier Dragons, Black Sperm, would be a Mountain to Small Island AP. Sound reasonable?

Spartan1204 said:
@Edwellken Bang was clearly hiding something because later in the webcomic he would ONESHOT, not on par with, but ONESHOT TWO dragon level monsters. Genos couldn't even damage a dragon. In regards to Metal Bat, fine we scale it to Genos, Genos has to go all-out against top tier Demon levels to beat them, Metal Bat oneshots them, how would that make him the same tier as Genos?
@A6colute Alright, I agree, it would be foolish to think Metal Bat is on par with the top tier Dragon levels, but putting him as the same tier as Genos makes no sense when he is clearly above.
Why would Bang hold back against a meteor that was going to crush an entire city along with his dojo? Even if we go out on a limb and say dragon level monsters have island level attack potency, one shotting them doesn't give Bang equal AP to them, but would instead scale to their durability. And when was it ever shown that Metal Bat is superior to Genos?

Spartan1204 said:
I believe top tier Demons, Sea King and G4, would be City+ AP. Top tier Dragons, Black Sperm, would be a Mountain to Small Island AP. Sound reasonable?
Sea King (and maybe G4) could possibly be City Level... But Black sperm at Mountain level? not even close. Golden Sperm however it's possible since he was shown to be superior to Tatsumaki.

When was it ever shown Metal Bat was superior to Genos, since Metal Bat oneshot monsters that Genos couldn't. Demon level monster took on direct attacks from Genos sometimes and they only seem slightly damaged. Metal Bat on the other hand needs only one swing, there's a clear gap between the two.

I'm using Golden Sperm and Black Sperm interchangably because Golden Sperm is a form of Black Sperm.

Spartan1204 said:
When was it ever shown Metal Bat was superior to Genos, since Metal Bat oneshot monsters that Genos couldn't. Demon level monster took on direct attacks from Genos sometimes and they only seem slightly damaged. Metal Bat on the other hand needs only one swing, there's a clear gap between the two.
This is true but it doesn't necessarily gurantee he should be a higher tier. It just means he's stronger. Just because they're both city level doesn't mean they have the exact same strength. It's a pretty wide margin.

As for Black/Golden sperm, okay but he peaks at mountain level. As i recall The Tatsumaki he overpowered was actually in a weakened state at the time, so that should actually be more than sufficient.

I believe the hints are leading to Metal Bat being on par with top tier Dragon, but we still need the feats to confirm that. Should we add a Black Sperm page now?

If you want. I was actually planning on making a Tatsumaki (Tornado of Terror) page. But I think we should revise the current S-Class (Namely Metal Bat) first as is the topic of this thread. I would probably put him at High 7-B.

I'm seeing him as 7-A, I mean yeah there's a wide margin for City level, but there's a huge difference between on par and oneshotting.

I'm fine with conceding this for now, but hopefully a calcer who's interested in One Punch Man can come along and take a closer look.

So for the durability of Dragon level monsters, all of the Dragon level monsters were able to survive being literally crushed by a mountain of debris, so I would say this is evidence that Dragon level monsters have at least Mountain durability.

Remember when Tornado lifted a 1500 meter structure hundreds of meters above the grounds, flipped it, and then dropped it. The Dragon level monsters had no protection against the impact of the debris, so they must have all tanked it.

Neither did King or the little boy, but I've no doubt that certain Dragon level monsters have Mountain or higher durability.

I guess but like I said I already would have put most of them around mountain level anyway.

DbzDB2 said:
thats not where they got their tiers from though
Was there really any need to necro a thread from nearly 4 years ago? Come on.

Damage3245 said:
DbzDB2 said:
thats not where they got their tiers from though
Was there really any need to necro a thread from nearly 4 years ago? Come on.
well i just don't like it when a thread doesn't get a proper conclusion, especially since this thread is about OPM, a series i know a lot about.

If a thread ended almost four years ago, then it has already been effectively concluded. Please don't necro old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back