• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avatar: Possible Vaatu and Raava Downgrade

Vaatu and Raava are currently listed as "Likely Continent level via environmental destruction at full power (He was going to cover the world in darkness and then reshape it, when he possessed Unalaq he nearly managed to do so)"

From what I remember Unalaq/Vaatu simply said that a new age for humans and spirits would start (10.000 years of Darkness), but he first had to reclaim the material world. There are no more statements or feats from what I remember.

I think we should downgrade them to High 7-C at most (comparable to the Avatar), since they have not proven to be more powerful and Vaatu fought Avatar Wan in the past on equal terms. The Tier was also given by the creator of the page and it was never questioned.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Matthew pointed out an Island level Avatar feat and the covered world feat if calced could bring higher results.

Dark649 said:
Matthew pointed out an Island level Avatar feat and the covered world feat if calced could bring higher results.

Thats what I meant, there is no "covering the world in darkness feat" at least what I remember.

I rewatched the show and couldnt find any statement or feat that would justify 6-A for Raava and Vaatu. Perhabs we should downgrade them for now until there are better feats.

Since Vaatu is clearly capable to fight the Avatar and a combination of Vaatu and Unalaq (the dark avatar) was going to destroy republic city, I would suggest downgrading them to a level witch is actually justified: High 8-C to High 7-C.

I agree with the first post for now, unless there are better opposing arguments later on.

However, I think that Raava and Vaatu are supposed to be the strongest spirits, so they should scale from the Moon Spirit's Island level feat.

Still doesn't mean it can't ever be done though.

Raava outrigt told Wan that if Vaatu won against her Darkness would cover the earth for 10,000 years until the next H.C.

I would be glad if you have the actual quote :D

The Island feat was furthermore done by the Avatar and the Ocean spirit, so its the combined power.

Here https://youtu.be/eBnAj5Mue_U

At 7:26 onward.

"Vaatu will destroy the world as you know it. Darkness will cover the earth for 10,000 years."

Also, if possible, shouldnt Raava and Vaatu have a form of conceptual manipulation over Light and Darkness? They are literally the light and darkness that make up the Avatar Universe and when destroyed they revive as the actual concepts to my knowledge.

It's true I remember it being said that Aang at the time wasn't contributing and it was all the ocean spirit's doing

Corrupting the minds of spirits and people is not quantifiable.

Back