• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Backyard cosmology revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the guilty gear overture material collection in Valentine's short story it's revealed that the backyard can process an infinite selection of a amount of different outcomes and reduce these infinite outcomes to a single one through repeated discards and selections resulting in determined events. Evidence of another axl low which in accent core he fights, this clearly has to be that "other axl" meaning that this is an axl from an alternate dimension since unlike with raven in GGXX axl didn't start time slipping on accident and due to timeslippers having no past or future this axl can't be from another timeline. Thus the backyard in terms of a higher dimension should be 6th dimensional.

Last edited:
Editors note: I thought it was 5th dimensional until the information on the "big bang model" came up in Valentine's story and this big bang model is also part of this infinite sequence of possibilities. Meaning that the backyard is 6th dimensional and functions on timelines with infinite possibilities that can be discard down into a selectable probability and there are parallel universes with different outcomes of thier "big bang model".

Also this would scale the backyard as being higher since it scales above timeslippers like axl and I-no who should be already 5D like I mentioned before and backyard interprets them as errors in the world.

4:22
I'm not worried cause I have the lore page on my side, with the evidence wide open.

...How is this 5-D? it just sounds like 2-A
I already proved that timeslippers are 5D since the timelines have infinite possibilities with entirely different dimensions that have thier own timelines with a set of infinite possibilities and in the end of overture That man mentions that thier are infinite possibilities of misfortune between him and sol which is it's own set of possibilities amongst the the already infinite set of possibilities. I.e. uncountable infinity which would be low 1-C

What I gathered after discussing the Big Bang Model with Ultima, it didn't really support the case for Low 1-C.
Even if we don't mention the big bang model, since the is considered a higher/superior dimension to the world that has that uncountably infinite timeline in it would be at least 6-D. And that's without including other dimensions that would outside of that timeline all together like the underworld hill.

Okay, so I might of went way to complicated with my analysis on the backyard and found a easier solution. I've translated a Spanish version of daisuke's QnA from the GG2 Overture material collection as well as part of the physical Japanese version where in question 46 Daisuke is asked if the backyard is a parallel world and he that's incorrect as he describes the backyard as being computer software and whole world as a game, In other words this means that everything that happens in our world cannot affect the backyard which would make the backyard above the spacetime continuum.

Okay, so I might of went way to complicated with my analysis on the backyard and found a easier solution. I've translated a Spanish version of daisuke's QnA from the GG2 Overture material collection as well as part of the physical Japanese version where in question 46 Daisuke is asked if the backyard is a parallel world and he that's incorrect as he describes the backyard as being computer software and whole world as a game, In other words this means that everything that happens in our world cannot affect the backyard which would make the backyard above the spacetime continuum.
I am fine with putting the Backyard at "possibly Low 1-C," if we take that statement as meaning that it's akin to a computer's hardware, while the universe itself is the software. I was mostly warry on accepting this beforehand due to how often the Backyard is also described as being just the source code of the world in the scans I've been shown, but it's also referred to on occasion as being the mechanism through which this information is conveyed instead. So, I think a Low 2-C low-end and a Low 1-C high-end to accomodate for both interpretations is appropriate here.

Last edited:
I'm fine with that too, but I have it at solid because right before that it's described as a "virtual space" in relationship to the Backyard, which is supposed to be the analogy of the visuals of a video game, while the programming is nonexistent, and whatever happens in the Backyard affects the universe, which it cannot live without.

Out of pure curiosity are there any mention of spatial dimensions existing in the verse
Well, that depends if you wanna interpret the underworld hill as a separate innacesble dimension with it's own spacetime. But other than that it's mostly temporal dimensional stuff like I was bringing up with axl and I-no.

can you explain this

4:22 the easiest explanation to underworld hill is that it's a pesdo space neighboring towards the backyard and is considered inaccessible to anyone in the current universe without using magic that goes beyond the twelve steps. And either the English translation might be off for GG overture but it's described of time being transcendental and having no physical orientation.

4:22 the easiest explanation to underworld hill is that it's a pesdo space neighboring towards the backyard and is considered inaccessible to anyone in the current universe without using magic that goes beyond the twelve steps. And either the English translation might be off for GG overture but it's described of time being transcendental and having no physical orientation.

does absolute world merge the universe with the entire backyard?

[Underworld Hill]
A pseudo-living space formed in the Backyard.
It has a long history and has existed for centuries.
It has no physical position, and it possesses the feature to change its phase and can even surpass time.
(But it is not all-powerful)
Oddly, this space in the Backyard is not a culture that developed naturally but rather a replica artifact that someone has clearly constructed in imitation of this world.

Furthermore, it's of no exaggeration to say that this world, controlled exclusively by the Five Elements, was built for mankind's benefit.

Nowadays, no one knows its birth, but for anyone who is as wise as Dr. Paradigm, they may be able to learn its secrets.

So I guess ShiroyashaGinSan wasn't too off with the underworld hill being above time, he just had no scans on it for some reason.

I am fine with putting the Backyard at "possibly Low 1-C," if we take that statement as meaning that it's akin to a computer's hardware, while the universe itself is the software. I was mostly warry on accepting this beforehand due to how often the Backyard is also described as being just the source code of the world in the scans I've been shown, but it's also referred to on occasion as being the mechanism through which this information is conveyed instead. So, I think a Low 2-C low-end and a Low 1-C high-end to accomodate for both interpretations is appropriate here.
What do you think, with some of the new stuff provided?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back