• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Hanma vs Ryuji Sakamoto

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
So, why is ressurection not listed on the profile? And even so, Ryuji can hit him with paralysis or forget and incap him.
Because... actually, now that I think about it, he should probably have at least limited Res. In any case, how does paralysis and forget work? If it's physical contact, Baki can deal with it. If not, I may need to reconsider my vote

Paralysis is via his lightning, which he vastly outranges and is by contact. Forget is by contact, but its an AOE attack, so good luck dodging.
I'm confused about Forget: how is it AOE and contact? Like contact with the AOE, or...?

It hits via contact, and creates an AOE?
Ahhh okay, so that won't be a problem either if it has to hit. Though I am worried that this might be a range stomp because of AOE paralysis inflicting thought-based lightning from far away

It isn't really isn't a stomp, can't he use Demon Back? Even though Ryuji can counter with Tarukaja.
He has to start in Demon Back or else the AP gap is 13x

I see. Ryuji could still paralyze even if he was stomped in AP, then inflict Forget and then Despair. So yeah, decisive victory for Ryuji FRA.
No, I meant that Ryuji would be 13x stronger than Baki, even with Demon Back, Ryuji has a 3x advantage in AP

So without Demon Back, Baki is outranged, can't dodge the AOE, outsped (thought-based lightning to Baki having to buff his speed and strength with Demon Back or get 1 shot), hax paralyzed, and oneshot.

With Demon Back he's still outranged, still gets paralyzed, still can't dodge AOE, and he gets haxed with 0 chance to even hit Ryuji

Okay damn, any ideas folks? I was thinking Geralt (Soul Calibur) or Azwel, would they be a better fit?

I guess? I don't really follow Persona much these days, Guess I'll need to wait till the ap is adjusted, if it wasn't I'd have offered Wolf (Sekiro) I guess

Back