• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Hanma vs Travis Touchdown (Baki vs No More Heroes)

Travis usually goes into CQC, he's fought the world's best assassins all uniquelly having their own fighting style (gunslinging, military tactics, MMA, etc.) and he's beaten them pretty easily, he fights only using instinct most of the time

Alright, so right off of the bat, Baki has Analytical Prediction that's pretty strong, which should help him deal with his movements, and he has some solid Info Analysis, so he's know Travis's "fighting potential", I.E. how big of a threat he is in a fight. At that point, if Travis isn't a huge threat, he'd go in with some basic martial arts, nothing serious. If Travis is a threat, we should probably expect to see one of his higher end techniques

So Travis usually starts with swordplay from his beam katana which baki will likely have dodge his swings unless he's resistant to heat I'm not sure how Baki's analytical prediction and IA would do against Travis's instinctive reaction(feel free to argue tho). It's really good to the point where he won't even be paying attention to whats happening at the moment(doing some long-ass monologing in his head) and still beat his opponents also if the fight last long enough Travis will go into Ecstasy Mode: After fighting for a while, Travis will get excited and have an adrenaline rush that enhances his strength and speed for a short period of time. which is basically Endorphins for Baki. or Travis will go into Dark Side Mode: A sort of trance that Travis enters after matching three slot icons following up a successful deathblow. The name of each Trance he goes in are named after the signature move of each character of the in-game anime Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly

the three slot icons appear when his lands a kill intended blow to his opponent (doesn't actually have to kill though)

Here are some amps from Darkside mode -

• Strawberry on the Shortcake: After matching three grasshopper icons, Travis's hair glows bright yellow and his beam katana becomes highly charged. The screen will get blurry and Travis's speed grows exponentially
  • Blueberry Cheese Brownie: After matching three bell icons, Travis can fire waves of energy from his beam katana to annihilate foes
  • Cranberry Chocolate Sundae: After matching three Bar icons, the colors will drain from the screen into a classic monochrome scheme. Travis will only walk in this trance but Travis will become more brutal in this state. From chopping off people's arms, stabbing a crawling enemy in the pelvis, or just straight up tearing them apart; Travis will brutalize anyone. (in No More Heroes 2, Travis will transform into a Tiger if he matches three bars instead)
  • Anarchy in the Galaxy: By matching three 7's in the slot, time will seem to stop as Travis unleashes a hot pink energy that vaporizes all enemies near him.
  • Cherry: After matching three Cherry icons, any enemies nearby will slow down making it easier for Travis to kill them

And I totally agree that Baki skillfucks Travis, it really depends on if travis can last long enough or get a kill intended hit in

Before I address the skill amps, I have 1 question and an answer to a question.

To answer how IA would do with Instinctive Reaction, not only would Baki be able to detect he is someone of notable fighting potential just from having it, but to have Instinctive Reaction good enough to not be focused on the fight and still be fine is notable indeed. Add to that his similar strength and amps, and it's likely Baki won't be pulling any punches

My question is does Travis's Instinctive Reaction have a feat of resisting Analytical Prediction? I know the power is able to have that quality, as seen in characters like Baki when fighting Gaia or Kenichi Shirahama, but does Travis's IR have a feat of resisting Analytical Prediction?

If not, I think his biggest threat would be his amps. A couple of questions, how strong is the speed and strength amp of Ecstasy Mode, does Dark Side mode, if all steps are successful, Death Manipulate, or am I misunderstanding the terminology behind "deathblow", what is the speed amp for Strawberry on the Shortcake, how strong are the blasts from Blueberry Cheese Brownie, is Cranberry Choclate Sundae just a bloodlust amp, how strong is his Tiger form, how strong is the energy in Anarchy in the Galaxy, how much slower to enemies get from Cherry, and how hard is it for him to use these powers?

• Death Blow: Name says it all. Travis does a killing blow that kills normal goons (Though strong people like the ranked assassins can take more than one killing blow) Its basically a kill intended attack Musashi style
  • Strawberry on the Shortcake: After charging up Travis will start to move so fast his opponents look like they're moving in slow motion and his katana does 2x the damage
  • Blueberry Cheese Brownie: The projectiles he gets from this scale to his regular AP
  • Cranberry Chocolate Sundae: Travis will be bloodlusted, his perception of time slows down to where people are in slow motion and he will try to win as fast as possible, its basically Raidens ripper mode
  • Anarchy in the Galaxy: It presumably scales to 9-A as that's the minimum AP for vaporizing a person
  • Cherry: After matching three Cherry icons, any enemies nearby will slow down making it easier for Travis to kill them

he gets them by landing at least one death blow and Im pretty sure the slot machine thing is a game mechanic so the player won't be OP

Do the speed amps or slow down debuff have specific values? Because if things really end up going badly, Baki always has Demon Back to make him 4x faster and stronger, as well as some acceleration amping techniques that would definitely help with getting outsped

I'm not sure I entirely understand the first question but each amp lasts around 30 seconds while dark side mode generally lasts around a minute. as for the second part does baki even have demon back in his 9-A form? and if he does this help the range disadvantage or him potentially getting vaporized

Xx.davidparra said:
I'm not sure I entirely understand the first question but each amp lasts around 30 seconds while dark side mode generally lasts around a minute. as for the second part does baki even have demon back in his 9-A form? and if he does this help the range disadvantage or him potentially getting vaporized
To clarify the question, how much faster does Travis get? Like how Baki's Demon Back makes him 4x faster, how much faster is Travis?

He has 2 9-A forms, 1 has Demon Back, one does not

It doesn't say ingame and there's not a calc for it but it speeds him to the point where people comparable to him in speed either look frozen or are in slow motion. I was originally gonna do max tournament baki but I don't think that would be fair

If this is BoS Baki, this is going to be a lot closer. He still have some solid stuff from his 13 y/o arc, but no Demon Back. I suppose his best stuff to counter a blitz that slow-mo's him would be Presence of a Boxer/Dynamic Vision or Death Concentration, both of which allow him to perceive the world in slow motion. Using 1 or both along with Instinctive Reaction of his own, all while constantly analyzing his movements to predict what he'll do next as well as both analyzing his strengths and weaknesses along with his style of fighting should be enough help against amps. After getting in on Travis, the difference in grip strength is Class 5 to Athletic Human, so Baki can just put Travis in a King Tiger and incap, right?

Travis won't try grappling unless he severely stuns his opponents and Baki still doesn't have an answer to potentially getting vaporized

It would matter what Travis tries to do, if he tries to hit Baki with his sword, Baki will use King Tiger and incap with a grapple.

What vaporizes? I thought all of his laser attacks scale to his AP?

Baki can just dodge and close the distance. If it's a matter of Travis running away every time Baki tried to close the distance, Travis is going to tire faster than Baki and eventually Baki is going to grapple him (no pun intended)

I guess vaporize wasn't the best word to use but the move still vaporizes or one shots people who can tank 3 to 4 hits from him before dying and I'm pretty sure it would severely injure Baki. Both Travis and Baki have "Extremely High" stamina and if the fight does get prolonged enough Travis will go into ecstacy mode.

Back