• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

I've read more about bleach cosmology, and i really believe a lot on the universal level..

My only doubt is about the resistance.

anyway it's pretty interesting
5268164.jpg

What was the reason why Aizen, Gerald and Yhwach didn't get Mid-Divine Regen? Was it really because they technically didn't have a physical body?

What was the reason why Aizen, Gerald and Yhwach didn't get Mid-Divine Regen? Was it really because they technically didn't have a physical body?
IDK about Gerard and Yhwach, but I still believe that Aizen should have mid-godly regen.
IIRC I talked once to Anonymous and Imade about this in discord and they disagreed because there is no statement in the manga that says "Aizen got his mind erased" or something like that

IDK about Gerard and Yhwach, but I still believe that Aizen should have mid-godly regen.
IIRC I talked once to Anonymous and Imade about this in discord and they disagreed because there is no statement in the manga that says "Aizen got his mind erased" or something like that
Because mid godly requires mind destruction in this wiki iirc
Otherwise is simply an high level of low godly
This is why they have low godly
The reason is worse than I imagined.

I believe I asked QuasiYuri about the mind erasing portion of Mid Godly. What he said was that if the verse has no prior showings of the mind existing without the body and the soul (which I don't recall Bleach having) it would be reasonable to assume that erasure of body and soul would have erased the mind as well since a mind cannot normally exist without a body. That's his opinion on it anyways.

However even if we take the standard word for word into consideration I do believe the mind in Bleach's scenario the mind is inherently tied into the soul since normal humans become unconscious when their soul gets yeeted out of their body, case in point Ichigo after he enters his soul reaper form his body becomes lifeless and Kon has to take control. So logically based on that complete erasure of the soul would include mind as well.

Last edited:
It is also true that for bleach it is a bit different since we never see a full destruction, I think low godly is pretty much correct, there were many discussion in the past

It is also true that for bleach it is a bit different since we never see a full destruction, I think low godly is pretty much correct, there were many discussion in the past
Actually low godly never worked for Aizen imo because it says:

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Aizen was already a soul and mugetsu destroyed him, EE attacks cant kill him.
Nothing in the entire series supports low-godly regen for Aizen, it shouldn't be there

She's stated to not be able to move as well due to her being made into a Zombie postmortem. Don't know if that makes her substantially weaker.

Zombie versions of characters most definitely should not scale to them normally. Tosh sp was stated to almost be gone and even worse all of them are being powered by Giselle.

Actually low godly never worked for Aizen imo because it says:

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Aizen was already a soul and mugetsu destroyed him, EE attacks cant kill him.
Nothing in the entire series supports low-godly regen for Aizen, it shouldn't be there
Aizen should def have at least low godly

Cfyow 271, “In Hisagi's mind, the image of death came to him even more clearly than when he had been fighting Mashiro. Rather than the deaths of those in the living world, he imagined the death of his konpaku itself. All of his memories and experience would disappear, and he would turn into scraps of reishi on a journey to nothingness.”

Cfyow page 340, “
He urged Tosen to go on with silence.
"If I commit a betrayal and become able to accept the Soul Reapers' world... If this world, that will never achieve evolution gives me peace...at that moment, please wipe my existence from the world and leave no trace.”
Cfyow page 341, “
*If my cause is a fraud, then / absolutely cannot be forgiven! Before my heart is filled with false salvation. Please destroy the entirety of my konpaku. That is my wish.”

Cfyow 271, “In Hisagi's mind, the image of death came to him even more clearly than when he had been fighting Mashiro. Rather than the deaths of those in the living world, he imagined the death of his konpaku itself. All of his memories and experience would disappear, and he would turn into scraps of reishi on a journey to nothingness.”

Cfyow page 340, “
He urged Tosen to go on with silence.
"If I commit a betrayal and become able to accept the Soul Reapers' world... If this world, that will never achieve evolution gives me peace...at that moment, please wipe my existence from the world and leave no trace.”
Cfyow page 341, “
*If my cause is a fraud, then / absolutely cannot be forgiven! Before my heart is filled with false salvation. Please destroy the entirety of my konpaku. That is my wish.”
That could maybe work, given is stated that when they die they disappear (kinda)

Again, Low-godly doesn't work, it says the destruction of the physical body and implies that the soul wasn't destroyed "instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else."

Aizen got his soul destroyed by Mugetsu and was said that nothing in the SS can kill him which should include EE attacks that exist in the soul society such as Yama’s Bankai...etc, he should have mid-godly

Again, Low-godly doesn't work, it says the destruction of the physical body and implies that the soul wasn't destroyed "instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else."

Aizen got his soul destroyed by Mugetsu and was said that nothing in the SS can kill him which should include EE attacks that exist in the soul society such as Yama’s Bankai...etc, he should have mid-godly
It still can work, because low godly is also based if your body is just a soul, we can’t prove it is mid godly therefore is just an high level of low godly, it’s useless try to get Aizen a mid godly, it will never get accepted because we can’t even prove that Mugestu erased everything from Aizen existence, Mugestu has no such statements and neither we can see completely what happen. And we don’t really know how those statements can be applied, so low godly is really the best you can get for Aizen.

so yama with existence erasure has been mentioned a few times, where does this come from? The official viz translations for the tybw doesn't say anything about existence erasure and I haven't seen any Japanese translations say it either. So not sure if ive missed it in cfyow or is it mentioned somewhere else

so yama with existence erasure has been mentioned a few times, where does this come from? The official viz translations for the tybw doesn't say anything about existence erasure and I haven't seen any Japanese translations say it either. So not sure if ive missed it in cfyow or is it mentioned somewhere else
His bankia erases everything it touches

Mainly from the raws, VIZ did a meh job of translating Yama’s Bankai explanations. Cyber had this really lovely master post he composed that was deserving of a chefs kiss. I’d ask him for it.

Says whatever his blade touches gets deleted with no trace left. It doesn't burn or anything like that just delete. You even see him delete a portion of the ground when his blade touched it.

I appreciate the info arc, then unrelated to this has los noches having a star been brought up before? The 2nd bleach guide book states that there is a sun, the french version of unmasked also says so. And going back to the manga and anime there is definite spatial distortion with the canopy, from above the canopy you cannot leave holes. Cero oscuras doesnt leave a hole, the anime has fh ichigos hole not appear in place for ulqs and the manga it seems ichigos overlapped ulqs. With 2 holes from yammy kenpachi and byaks fight being shown at the end. The cracks on the sky itself also looks the exact same as the crack by the menos grande back in chapter 50, which had to be "fixed" by tessai.

Yamamoto's bankai may have existence erasure as well. I will include both viz and the fan translation here, though one statement is mistranslated by viz, which I will also point out.

fan translation:
Fandom Image

Fandom Image

Fandom Image

This is what just the tip touching the ground does
Fandom Image

Fandom Image

"heaven and earth, ashes and nothingness"

Heres what it does to this yhwach copy

Fandom Image

Viz:
Fandom Image

Fandom Image

Fandom Image

This one is the mistranslated one:
Fandom Image

Fandom Image

It should be the same as the fan translation.

Yamamoto notes his sword is 15 million degrees cel:
Fandom Image

Though Jugram confirms its not flames:
Fandom Image

Fandom Image

It could equally be a REALLY intense flame, but the way the art is drawn it leaves absolutely no trace. We are also told its not a flame.

Would 15 million degree flames produced the effects? It would, but you'd def likely see more of an effect.

Yamamoto seems to be kind of containing the heat in general from his blade into his own vicinity though according to him eventually the effect will spread out and destroy the entire soul society.

So like, ki control essentially, but it's definitely imperfect, upon activation it melts toshiro's ice Bankai which was several miles away, it starts drying up water across the entire soul society.

Here Toshiro claims all water in Soul Society is evaporating, here Yamamoto claims he’ll burn the entirety of Soul Society, and here Unohana claims Soul Society will be destroyed.

Even then you wouldn't just see it go poof gone. You could reconcile it by saying like, the specific way he does 15 million degrees is existence erasure

It could be hyperbole, but it's stated more than once.

"it neither burns nor erupts"

This is kinda difficult to measure cause irl we don't fully know how 15 million degrees would react
But it seems to lend credence to the idea that it's not functioning like normal flames

Not sure it's flames to begin with.

Kubo does seem aware that 15 million degrees wouldn't appear normally irl
the whole "actual power" line could also suggest it's not exactly normal heat.

Given the repeated statements of total erasure, it might be possibly Existence Erasure,

lastly from 13 blades:
unknown_71.png

残(さん)火(か)の太(た)刀(ち)"東(ひがし)""旭(きよく)日(じつ)刃(じん)"

刃の筋(すじ)に熱の全てを集中させて消し飛ばす。
Sword of the Lingering Flame, "East", "Rising Sun Blade"

Concentrates all of the heat into the tip of the blade to blow away everything without a trace.

Goat cyber

I appreciate the info arc, then unrelated to this has los noches having a star been brought up before? The 2nd bleach guide book states that there is a sun, the french version of unmasked also says so. And going back to the manga and anime there is definite spatial distortion with the canopy, from above the canopy you cannot leave holes. Cero oscuras doesnt leave a hole, the anime has fh ichigos hole not appear in place for ulqs and the manga it seems ichigos overlapped ulqs. With 2 holes from yammy kenpachi and byaks fight being shown at the end. The cracks on the sky itself also looks the exact same as the crack by the menos grande back in chapter 50, which had to be "fixed" by tessai.
MMMMMMMMMM tangentially related, but wanna see a “for fun” calc I did for GRC

Back