• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

A lot of the original post is simply just based on incorrect statements about how Yhwach's absorption works. I'll respond to the post in detail because I am bored.
First, I do see that it is generally accepted that YH has access to the other schrifts, but the reasoning I find a bit flawed. It says that because he absorbed them he may have them, but if it is simply a "may" then why are these items sometimes brought up in battles?
Because we accept the usage of possible abilities In VS matches if they are specified by any given OP. This is simply a site wide standard, and has nothing to do with Yhwach specifically.
Second, I dont believe he has the schrifts of the others and that it may be possible that he simply absorbed their raw reishi, there was never an instance in which he used any of these abilities, had he done so then there would be backing for the possibility of him having the others schrifts.
This is incorrect. The manga states Yhwach absorbs anything the victim may have acquired in their lifetime, including their skills directly. The scan for this is on Yhwach's page where the soul distribution power is described.
Another thing I'd like to bring up and of course this is simply my interpretation, yes, while yh did give the letters to the Quincy there is nothing stating that those powers already were there. In fact, As Nodt even explained how he came into the power, like a zanpakuto which starts as a base asauchi and through bonding with its user it becomes named and gains abilities etc, could the same not be said for schrifts?
Yhwach absorbs these skills too. The manga specifically mentions that Yhwach acquires skills you obtained in your lifetime, including your memories and such. That means that Yhwach absorbs all abilities you had, even if they weren't directly given to them by him. This is the case for Pernida and Gerard, them coming into contact with his soul means that upon their deaths, all of their skills become Yhwach's, even though he didn't directly bestow upon them their powers.
Lastly, if I am not mistaken, in the novels and whatnot and again, I could be completely wrong, weren't the surviving vander using their abilities? If so, then how would yhwach have them? Wouldnt they have faded right along with him?
  • Yhwach absorbs the powers of souls who have died. Obviously he doesn't have the abilities of Quincy who lived. That's why he doesn't have the powers of Quincy who survived after the war listed on his profile.
  • It took the bambi's months after Yhwach died to get their powers back anyway.

Last edited:
A lot of the original post is simply just based on incorrect statements about how Yhwach's absorption works. I'll respond to the post in detail because I am bored.

Because we accept the usage of possible abilities In VS matches if they are specified by any given OP. This is simply a site wide standard, and has nothing to do with Yhwach specifically.

This is incorrect. The manga states Yhwach absorbs anything the victim may have acquired in their lifetime, including their skill directly.. The scan for this ids on Yhwach's page where the soul distribution power is described.

Yhwach absorbs these skills too. The manga specifically mentions that Yhwach acquires skills you obtained in your lifetime, including your memories and such. That means that Yhwach absorbs all abilities you had, even if they weren't directly given to them by him. This is the case for Pernida and Gerard, them coming into contact with his soul means that upon their deaths, all of their skills become Yhwach's, even though he didn't directly bestow upon them their powers.

• Yhwach absobs the powers of souls who have died. Obviously he doesn't have the abilities of Quincy who lived. That's why he doesn't have the powers of Quincy who survived after the war listed on his profile.
  • It took the bambi's months after Yhwach died to get their powers back anyway.
So basically he's a worse Wilhelm in terms of memories and skills but a better Buu in terms of absorbing powers

I've been pronouncing it as "Yew-Hah"
7117633-d_v3ar5w4aevz2m.png

Does Uryu have a Post-Auswhalen key?

Uryu didn't die with his own attack reflected back at him but he also didn't seemed to have recieve any damage at all. In episode 25 Uryu gets up alongside the other Elite Quincy who get "revive" and receive "additional power" through Auswhalen, basically a power up. It wouldn't makes sense if Uryu was left out of that power up that included the elites, Jugram and Yhwach himself. In the next Cour trailer we see Uryu will go head to head against Senjumaru's Bankai and would explain this sudden power up since he lost to base Senjumaru originally.

Uryu didn't die with his own attack reflected back at him but he also didn't seemed to have recieve any damage at all. In episode 25 Uryu gets up alongside the other Elite Quincy who get "revive" and receive "additional power" through Auswhalen, basically a power up. It wouldn't makes sense if Uryu was left out of that power up that included the elites, Jugram and Yhwach himself. In the next Cour trailer we see Uryu will go head to head against Senjumaru's Bankai and would explain this sudden power up since he lost to base Senjumaru originally.
Uryu doesn't really have any feats post auswhalen atm, so we'll have to wait for the anime to return for that

Im pretty sure we are just waiting for cour 3 and the revisions after it to make that key so don't worry too much about it.

For the Yhwach Schrifts thing why not make a rule for waiting till the anime is over or covers it more to see if they add or remove any info on it?
Oh, there is going to be. Cour 3 will have a lot of original scenes and for Cour 4 to be 12-13 episodes long? The ending is going to be rewriten and extended but still end up the same way as the manga.

I think this how they are going forward with Cour 3-

ep 1 - chapters 609-611 (back story flashback at the start plus new content)
ep2 - chapters 612-614 (plus new content and probably some backstory)
ep3 - chapters 615-618 (new content plus ends with Aizen)
ep4 - chapters 618-621 (will probably add that new vollstanding vs Ichigo from the trailer content? Or maybe this is down below on episode 13. Ends with Aizen)
ep 5 -chapters 622-625 (will probably add a scene with Robert and his new death scene will end with Soul King Yhwach teased)
ep 6 - chapters 626- 628 (I don't think new content will fit here)
ep 7 - chapters 629-635 (This may be two episodes for real since it needs a long flashback)
ep 9 - chapters 635-644 (Pernida vs Mayuri)
ep 10 - chapters 644-654 (Shunsui vs Lille)
ep 11 - chapters 654-659 (Gerard, and Askin fight Part 1)
ep 12 - chapters 659-661 (Uryu vs Ichigo vs Jugram Part 1)
ep 13 - chapters 659-661 (Uryu vs Ichigo vs Jugram Part 2)

I think this would be a nice way to end the Cour and leaves a lot of space for a lot of new content for Cour 4.

Cour 4 maybe?

ep 1 -chapters 662-666 (starts with Urahara and Yoruichi's backstory and ends the Askin fight)
ep 2 -chapters 666-672 (Everyone vs Gerard Part 2)
ep 3 -chapters 672- 675 (Ichigo & Orihime vs Yhwach, and Jugram vs Uryu Part 1)
ep 4 - chapters 676-680 (Part 2 of the fight mentioned above)
ep 5 - chapters 681-682 (Will probably have a lot of new content)
ep 6 - chapters 683- probably new content forward?
ep 7- they could add everyone vs Yhwach until only Aizen and Ichigo are left
ep 8 - or
ep 9 - they
ep 10 - could have
ep 11 - Yhwach invade the world of the living like he had a gate of the Sun ready for that invasion before Jugram destroyed it
ep 12 - chapter 685 (time skip)
ep 13 - Hell Arc one shot (because I have wishes too)

I doubt this is how Cour 4 will play out but I am confident about how Cour 3 will play out.

How come her previous key is High 6-A but the one after that is High 6-B even though the justification is that she trained to become even stronger?

How come her previous key is High 6-A but the one after that is High 6-B even though the justification is that she trained to become even stronger?
Now that, I have no clue. It's been pretty weird to me that she has a High 6-A feat in the Fullbringer Arc, yet in the TYBW for some reason, she got weaker despite her key saying that she got stronger.

Back