• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bang vs Natsu

speed isn't everything gonna need more reasons than that they're in the same tier and it's only a slight advantage if there's even one at all since Dimaria is shown to be High Hypersonic all the Spriggan should scale to this which puts FDK Natsu above a Spriggan he should be at least High Hypersonic

Nibbler3100 said:
speed isn't everything gonna need more reasons than that they're in the same tier and it's only a slight advantage if there's even one at all since Dimaria is shown to be High Hypersonic all the Spriggan should scale to this which puts FDK Natsu above a Spriggan he should be at least High Hypersonic
No. There's nothing that proves Natsu is High Hypersonic, since his only speed feat in FDK mode is blitzing Zeref while he was distracted, and Zeref himself was later shown to be able to react to FDK. FDK Natsu is Mach 25 at best, Bang is at least Mach 30. And yes, in a battle where the two characters have equal AP and Durability, speed is everything. Natsu isn't touching Bang anytime soon until he gets another powerup, while Natsu won't be able to react to Bang's movements.

He has tons of other speed feats like running across the War God in seconds but speed is'not everything there's other areas of battle as well such as Technique, Stamina & Range. Natsu has lightning attacks and Bang isn't a lightning-timer he also has a Flaming Aura how will he get near him without being destroyed remember just his presence melted a stone coliseum and he can't water fist heat...Bloodlusted is not gonna be pretty haha

Nibbler3100 said:
He has tons of other speed feats like running across the War God in seconds but speed is'not everything there's other areas of battle as well such as Technique, Stamina & Range. Natsu has lightning attacks and Bang isn't a lightning-timer he also has a Flaming Aura how will he get near him without being destroyed remember just his presence melted a stone coliseum and he can't water fist heat...Bloodlusted is not gonna be pretty haha
Running across the War God wasn't FDK, that was base Natsu. And it still doesn't make him any faster. Bang is LEAGUES above Natsu in Technique, and they shoud be about equal in stamina. Natsu has the range advantage, but it doesn't matter because Bang can dodge everything Natsu can throw at him. Just because the martial art Bang uses to fight has "water" in it's name doesn't mean it uses actual water in it's attacks. Natsu's lighning is created using magic, and therefore should not be assumed to move at the same speeds as natural lighning until proven otherwise, wich hasn't happened. Bang's durability is enough to resist the Flaming Aura, and said aura isn't alway present. If it was, everyone would lose their clothes every time Natsu fights. Bang still wins due to being way too fast for Natsu to hit him or dodge his blows.

I don't think Bang has equal stamina at all...the most we have seen him take really is a direct hit from a dragon level threat without being hurt and he even comments on how his age is harming his stamina. I would give the stamina edge to Natsu, but Bang certainly is faster and a LOT more skilled. Taking Natsu's fire on is going to be tough for Bang but I don't think Natsu is really all that strategic. If he was, I think he could take this fight by just wearing down Bang with his fire, but's he really just a brawler with limited strategy and would get dommed by Bang's superior fighting experience.

So I'll give it to Bang for now.

Bang for superior speed, equal AP and Durability and far superior technique.

Natsu tends to start the fight with melee or atleast one ranged attack then quickly go melee.

The moment Natsu turns Melee is the moment he loses.

^agree, i also think in melee bang wins, if natsu plays his cards right and attacks from mid-range he could weaken bang enough in order to win in close combat but natsus usual fighting style will give bang the victory ^_^

Lejon123! said:
ban is winning AND HE IS 81 years old and he is winning against a peak human half Demon
If I remember correctly, Natsu is too stupid to know his age and he is older than Bang by virtue of being under the tutelage of Igneel.

Nibbler3100 said:
In my opinion, Natsu running on The War God was no big deal...

inAlpha149 said:
Nibbler3100 said:
In my opinion, Natsu running on The War God was no big deal...
I'm just sayin when we get it in the anime it'll be a nice upgrade to his speed after a year in training and with that being even just a bit faster his FDK mode would be leagues faster to assume he is still Hypersonic+ is proposterous since thats only mach 10 - 25 and we already have Kagura blitzing a bunch of missiles and then a character completely blitzing her. Also Natsu first started being Hypersonic+ when he attained his first dragon force and he just kept getting faster and faster

^thats not how finding their speed works. if it was, bleach would be relativistic by now.

if hes a unknown amount faster and solidly Hypersonic+, he would be at least Hypersonic+

I know that we can't "calc stack" i'm giving examples why he should be faster than were making him out to be it's still possible since Hypersonic+ is such a small range once we get dem calcs it'll prove Natsu wasn't slackin off for a year given all of the reasons he wants to push himself and get stronger/faster

idk why we can't do it that way though there's nothing wrong with the hst being that fast if proven correctly by feats lol

it's because we don't have a quantifyable way of saying exactly how much faster a char is, we can't just say hes high hypersonic with no known value because hes moving faster than before. it sucks but thats the way it is, you're gunna need some feats

I'm the only one who still believes that Jellal's Meteor Technique moves at the speed of a real meteor?

I am? Ok.

Back