• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Banning certain VS threads

Now I feel that certain threads in this site shouldn't be made due to not being able to apply in the win/loss sections of the charcters:

Gauntlets or Verse matches: Having a single person or Group go up against a gauntlet or a whole Verse. I was told these weren't added and the fact these usually ends in a stomp from either side.

Equalized Stats: These make no sense. Speed equalized is fine due to only being one stat being equalized, but having EVERYTHING equalized not only means one character or group would get stomped if they weren't, it pretty much defeats the purpose of having the Tiering System.

I think we should make this an offical rule due to people still making threads like these in the VS thread section even tough they won't be added.

But that's my opinion. What do any of you think?

Equalized Stat matches should definitely be banned, yes.

Dunno about Gauntlet or Verse matches. They probably shouldn't be listed, but I don't think they should be banned outright, as long as they aren't stompy.

MarvelFanatic119 said:
Equalized Stats: These make no sense. Speed equalized is fine due to only being one stat being equalized, but having EVERYTHING equalized not only means one character or group would get stomped if they weren't, it pretty much defeats the purpose of having the Tiering System.

I think we should make this an offical rule due to people still making threads like these in the VS thread section even tough they won't be added.

But that's my opinion. What do any of you think?
As far as I remember we already agreed that Stats Equalized is not gonna been added as victory or loses.

Equalized stat matches are downright stupid and ridiculous in my honest opinion. That kind of match should be banned, so that i agree 100%.

I;m the same with Prom. Not sure about the Gauntlet and Verse matches...

Stat equalized should be rid of and limited to one stat of either AP/Durability or Speed in simpler terms they choose one or the other.

Gauntlets are fine.

Verse are not fine or at least should be limited depending on the versatility or overall number of characters in said verse.

Eldritch abomination said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't totally equalized stat matches meant to test the characters skill against each other

Yep, and it's fine, just dont add them as victory or defeat.

Not Jim Sterling said:
Yep, and it's fine, just dont add them as victory or defeat.
Agreed. A fight is not "notable" if one fighter is at such a handicap. It's like calling a fight with an armed man vs another man who's arms are tied up and blindfolded a good fight.

Eldritch abomination said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't totally equalized stat matches meant to test the characters skill against each other
Yes but singling out one stat is not fair to certain characters strengths where would Wally West be if his speed is equalized along with his AP and Durability in regards to certain characters?

Or Dragonball with Equalized stats, they are relatively haxless and so are other certain verses.

It's not really fair to single abilities out only, we got to make the battle at least somewhat relative to how the fight would actually go. It's like putting stats equalized Giorno Giovanna against The Choushin.

Ryukama said:
Agreed. A fight is not "notable" if one fighter is at such a handicap. It's like calling a fight with an armed man vs another man who's arms are tied up and blindfolded a good fight.
It's basically just for fun battles.. unless if both sides is starting to swearing at each other..

In anyway, hax equalized is pretty interesting... It WOULD utilize a character's intelligence, stamina, and what degree of tier they are in... Oddly not a bad idea???

I only agree in Equalized Stats, not hax, since that is kinda look like fanfiction since otherwise people will starting to create EGD vs Naruto but Naruto have EGD ability, and that is kinda like fanboying.

I believe only speed equalized matches should be kept, everything else seems kinda crazy

Speed Equalized matches, while i can somewhat see there being problems regarding it depending on which characters are being used, aren't as crazy as that of those like Stat equalized.

Not saying anyone is proposing this, but just wanted to say making a stats equal match with higher dimensional entities is just ridiculous. A higher dimensional creature is vastly different than a lower dimensional one. Two entirely different species and life forms. It's like turning a human into a martian for a fight or a ghost into a dog.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Speed Equalized matches, while i can somewhat see there being problems regarding it depending on which characters are being used, aren't as crazy as that of those like Stat equalized.
Stat equalized(not hax) is mainly just for fun, and not gonna be add as victory or defeat.

Gauntlets are fine in my opinion, at least when they're not obvious spite threads.

Stats equalized matches though. They need to go with the exception of speed equalizing ones.

The only deciding factor in those hypothetical matches where everything is equal is "skill" which has no universal preset values that we could use to decide a winner in a match, specially when many verses interpret "skill" as just being faster and stronger than other dudes in the same series.

Hm... some person would get way more advantage than another if we get a stat equalize match though (for instance, Imagine Reimu "FN" Hakurei suddenly getting Yukari or Lex Luthor intelligence, Hulk amount of Strength or Flash's speed, in getting their speed or suddenly having their strength be the same at the former), so I think this is strictly a case-by-case thing, more so with intelligence.

In conclusion I am fine with stats equalized being banned

Possibly Verse threads too or at least add restrictions to it...

^Second that. Verse thread is either a stomp or inconclusive, with very rare occurance of someone manage to climb their way into victory, so agree with that too.

I agree that threads with equalised statistics should not be allowed.

Also, given that matchups involving more than two characters are already not allowed to be added within profiles, it might be best to not allow them in the first place either, but I am more uncertain about this.

Verses matches definitely shouldn't be allowed as they are usually far too controversial to leave open anyway.

I've seen matches hosting many characters abused by pitting several opponents against an enemy they have no way of combating on their own and is one of the ways I fear many would disguise spite threads but I feel like banning them is a tad too restricting as their misuse is occasional and unnecessary as they are essentially harmless since they aren't added anyway.

Okay. So do most of you agree that I should add a regulation that equalised statistics are not allowed for versus matches?

Back