• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Captain America seems to have more experience, but Batman outclasses him with versatility.

I'm going to be Inconclusive and wait for the thread to develop.

RoyGundam said:
I think Batman wins by stealth advantage. They are equally matched otherwise
Cap has the same thing written on his profile.

The only thing I can think that can decide this match is experience vs arsenal.

Hmm I'm gonna go Captain America. Generally because it's a random encounter, hence Batman wouldn't be carrying anything outside his standard equipment, of which I don't think there's really anything that the Cap can't counter or block with his shield

RoyGundam said:
They had a crossover fight - which ended in a draw If I remember correctly.
1) That was the comic versions

2) Both have no knowledge of each other anyway since the cross-over is non-canon

JLA/Avengers, the event that I assume everyone else is talking about, is the only canon DC and Marvel crossover and while Marvel doesn't seem to have acknowledged it since, DC has.

RoyGundam said:
DCEU Batman has better stuff to kill Captain America with - THe Batmobile, Bat-wing etc.
No, this is a random encounter and he is only 9-B

Natse said:
JLA/Avengers, the event that I assume everyone else is talking about, is the only canon DC and Marvel crossover and while Marvel doesn't seem to have acknowledged it since, DC has.
Marvel has hinted it in bios of grand master and Phoenix

Cap via experience, plus Matt and Gwyn's reasons.

Cap for the same reasons

Cap: 7 - Gwynbleiddd, maybe Matthew Schroeder, Davidsteel1, AndrewBennet, JustSomeWeirdo, Colonel Krukov, Natse

Batman: 1 - RoyGundam

Inconclusive: 1 - Byakuya "Senbonzakura" Kuchiki

Anyone else?

Batman should logically be more experienced, though Cap has fought stronger guys than batman (if we exclude Superman who could have completely destroyed Batman).

Drummerboi.x said:
how is cap more experienced, DCEU batman has been batman-ing for 20 years
Fought in WW2 and has fought Nazi's, Red Skull, WW2 Hydra, Chitari, Loki, Winter Soldier, Modern Hydra, Ultron and his sentries, and pretty much half of the Meta Humans in his verse (Including Stark and Black Panther).

Natse said:
Now we definitely have seven votes for Cap. Anyone gonna add this to his page?
I only count 6

I don't think Matt voted and AndrewBennet didn't give any reasoning.

Batman takes this for me. Even though Cap is a formidable foe, Batman has enough equipment in his regular arsenal to best him. Plus, he did manage to overpower and physically tear off Firefly's armor in the prequel comics/drive off Killer Croc from Gotham after physically battling him multiple times. That, plus his versatility (esp his escape time with his grapple gun) would allow him to best Cap.

Theblack6host96 said:
Batman takes this for me. Even though Cap is a formidable foe, Batman has enough equipment in his regular arsenal to best him. Plus, he did manage to overpower and physically tear off Firefly's armor in the prequel comics/drive off Killer Croc from Gotham after physically battling him multiple times. That, plus his versatility (esp his escape time with his grapple gun) would allow him to best Cap.
Cap has fought way stronger opposition, but I get what you mean about equipment though

Captain America should have this, as he has considerably more impressive strength feats, plus his shield should be able to block practically anything Batman throws at him. It definitely won't be easy for him , especially if Batman manages to disarm him of his shield somehow, but I just don't think that Batman has anything that would put Cap down quickly enough to net himself a win. (Not in a random encounter anyways) Perhaps there could be feats in the Justice League movie that may change things, but for now, I'm going with Captain America.

Dinobot1996 said:
Perhaps there could be feats in the Justice League movie that may change things, but for now, I'm going with Captain America.
I'm not sure if Steppenwolf's henchmen can be a step up from the Chitauri or the Ultron Sentries but we'll have to see.

Captain America wins with low difficulty, I'm not even going to side-by-side analyse. He beats him nearly in all categories. Strength, durability, Speed, etc. While Batman might be more skilled, Captain America is not unskilled. Captain America's combat style composed of a mixture of American Boxing, Judo, Jiu-jitsu, Taekwondo and Aikido and also applied characteristics of Muay Thai, Karate, Savate, Shurikenjutsu, Krav Maga, Wushu, Pro Wrestling, Discus Throw and Wing Chun, while the fighting styles Batman know are Boxing, Kickboxing, Karate, Professional Wrestling, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Savate, Eskrima, Krav Maga, Jeet Kune Do, Ninjutsu, Shurikenjutsu, Kung Fu, Judo, and Aikido, only gaining a margin of 1 over Captain America. In terms of intelligence, Batman was manipulated by Lex Luthor. Now Batman fanboys would say, "Oh of course, Lex's a genius!" but Captain America even knew slightly more about Zemo's plan, if not greatly, than Iron Man, whose intelligence is nearly, if not on par, with Batman's. When it comes to combat, detective skills won't help you while Captain America has greater tactical skills.

Winner: Captain America with little difficulty

Quick question, are we using prequel comics set in the DCEU as canon feats? I know they are a bit iffy when it comes to the MCU, but as far as I know with the DCEU they are considered canon.

Back