• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
Batman render by HIT IT
I am vengeance, I am the night. I AM BATMAN!

vs.
Harry in Robe with Wand Front View (Painting) - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
The Boy Who Lived/The Chosen One

Science vs Magic

Post-Crisis Batman

Both in-character

Speed equalized.

Victory by any means as long as it is in character.

Speed equalized? In-character? Harry wins via paralysis spell. Or plenty of other things, as the guy above said he's more versatile. He only gets the win because speed is equalized, but yeah.

Soldier Blue said:
Subsonic to Subsonic+ I think.
If it does have a travel speed, Batman can dodge it easily since speed is equalized and he has lots of experience in martial arts. From that, it's only a matter of time before he closes the distance and proceeds to beat Harry senseless. He can even mask his advance with smoke bombs and the like.

Spells are fast, but so is Batman. With speed equalized, I can see Batman dodging a good paralysis spell. Once Batman starts pulling out sonic 'nades, quick-hardening chemicals and stuff, he should win this with mid-high diff.

I believe that equalizing the speed in this battle gives Harry Potter an unfair advantage over batman, as one of the major characterisitcs that batman has over his opponent is his speed, which he uses to dodge attacks and counter his enemy quickly.

I don't think Batman has anything to counter Harry's Protego Totalum.

Otherwise, it is a matter of time Batman is worn down with numerous jinxes he supposedly doesn't have any resistance against. Harry obviously takes this via vastly superior hax.

@EliminatorVenom

That is a valid point. However, it is notable to remember Batman's gadgets can easily be affected by Harry's Switching Spell, which would render them useless.

I still stand by my vote.

Wait dose in character harry even use paralysis spell off the bat? I only watch the movies and he mostly spams the spell that forces others or that disarming spell. The problem is Harry has lots of spells which means he half to choose which to use right off the bat in character.

Batman could drop a smoke pellet to escape Harry's sight and come up with a plan.

I'm not saying Harry will lose. I just don't think he'll go all haxxe right off the bat unless he did that in character.

@LordGriffin1000

In the books, Harry uses it so frequently he considers it "a wizard's bread and butter" and even taught it to fellow wizards. http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Stunning_Spell#Known_uses

Given how much he values this spell (considers it one of the most useful in his arsenal) and how much he used it in-character as his first attack (against Victor Krum, the Death Eater in the Battle of the Seven Potters, Lucius Malfoy, Fenrir Greyback, etc.), it would not be outlandish to consider that the Stunning Spell might be one of, if not, his first attack again.

Also, the Disarming Spell, one of his most prominent offensive spells (for the better or for the worst in-universe), can knock the opponent out if used too forcefully, so there's that, too.

The fact that Bat is extremely skilled in martial arts makes it much more likely for him to dodge Harry's spells. Considering Harry's combat experience is pretty crappy to say the least, if Bat can close the distance Harry gets murdered.

To create distractions Bat can use explosive gels, smoke, batarangs and if he goes out of Harry's sight, it's over. Bat takes it.

Damned Salvation said:
Wall of text
This - Batman is extremely agile (to the point that he once even avoided Darkseid's Omega Beams), so it should be rather easy for him to dodge Harry's attacks, disorient Harry with smoke pellets, close the distance, and knock Harry out with a mighty punch.

Aren81 said:
I believe that equalizing the speed in this battle gives Harry an unfair advantage over Batman, as one of the major characteristics that Batman has is his speed, which he uses to dodge attacks/counter his enemy quickly.
Not really, since Batman would definitely be more agile than Harry - Harry would only have an advantage if he was on a broomstick.

Harry apparates far away and uses Accio (the spell pulls objects closer to the speed of light) on Batman's utility belt, breaking his waist, leaving him cripple.

Harry takes this quite easily. A single Levicorpus and Batman is out. Batman hasnt anything that can even get close to harming Harry, considering Protego and no answer for Half of Harry's Spells, and let us not even mention apparition.

AppleLord said:
Harry apparates far away and uses Accio (the spell pulls objects closer to the speed of light) on Batman's utility belt, breaking his waist, leaving him cripple.

If Harry doesn't use the cloak in character while in battle, why would he use it in this fight?

Back