• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean potentially he could make something similar, its batman, and you should never underestimate batma.

wait if batman has read every book in existence wouldn't that include pokemon manga and stuff? so wouldn't he have an atleast vague idea of what rayquaza is and what it can do?

Isnt this an AP stomp in Bats favor? Hes around 615 kiloFOE, and Rayquaza is like, what? 31.8 FOE?

Batman freezes GG

In all seriousness, he does have freezing batarangs, and Raquaaza's biggest weakness is freeze damage. That combined with his edge in AP and I gotta give it to bats.

well if what psycomaster said is true, bats has an over 19x AP advantage and only 7.5x is required to oneshot.

Ummm, Mega Ray has Delta Stream that weakens supereffective moves on Flying-types, so freeze stuff doesn't immediately do him in that fast as you think.

Dragopentling said:
Ummm, Mega Ray has Delta Stream that weakens supereffective moves on Flying-types, so freeze stuff doesn't immediately do him in that fast as you think.
He's also a Dragon type, which is also weak to Ice. Even if all flying weaknesses were nullified completely, his Dragon typing still opens up to that weakness.

MilesTheMorales1 said:
Dragopentling said:
He's also a Dragon type, which is also weak to Ice. Even if all flying weaknesses were nullified completely, his Dragon typing still opens up to that weakness.
Yea, but I'm just saying, Rayquaza's taking half as much dmg from Ice, Rocks, and Electric attacks as opposed to if he didn't have the Ability, so it can still be a difference maker.

I don't think you understand. Both of his types are weak to Ice, which makes Ice attacks double the already large 2x multiplier of super effective damage.

If we wanked up his Delta stream to nullify the flying effective multiplier, that's still 2x damage he's taking from Ice attacks due to being a dragon type.

Therefore, Rayquaza is still susceptible to freeze attacks as it's his main weakness.

MilesTheMorales1 said:
I don't think you understand. Both of his types are weak to Ice, which makes Ice attacks double the already large 2x multiplier of super effective damage.
If we wanked up his Delta stream to nullify the flying effective multiplier, that's still 2x damage he's taking from Ice attacks due to being a dragon type.

Therefore, Rayquaza is still susceptible to freeze attacks as it's his main weakness.
I'm not saying he's not suspectible to such attacks. It's just that you shouldn't expect him to be put down as fast by them as opposed to him if he did not have the ability. I think you're the one misunderstanding my point. Yes, Batman can have an advantage with freeze attack gadgets or whatever, but because of Mega Ray's ability, he's not going down in just one or few hits from them. Base Ray, on the other hand, would be likely 1-2 shotted real quick.

Batman gets in Hellbat Armor and wins just via beating down. Doesn't need anything else. You could make the argument that Hyper Voice's substitute bypassing allows him to hit the meat inside the armor, but that's a stretch.

Remove the prep and just give bats hellbat, it's a stomp otherwise

Heck it's a borderline stomp by itself

Dragopentling said:
I'm not saying he's not suspectible to such attacks. It's just that you shouldn't expect him to be put down as fast by them as opposed to him if he did not have the ability. I think you're the one misunderstanding my point. Yes, Batman can have an advantage with freeze attack gadgets or whatever, but because of Mega Ray's ability, he's not going down in just one or few hits from them. Base Ray, on the other hand, would be likely 1-2 shotted real quick.
So would it be a 3-4 shot in your eyes?

Also, I'm not saying mega ray's gonna take those shots like his base version, Obviously his base is weaker by 4x. I'm saying his flying ability doesn't account for his dragon type weaknesses, and an ice attack wouldn't be registered as a normal 1x Attack.

This is likely a stomp, tbh, unless if one Dragon Dance is enough for Mega Ray to one-shot Batman. Otherwise I'm leaning towards Incon.

Dragon Dance is a move that most Dragon/Dragon-like pokemon get. It's a stat booster, increasing the user's attack power and speed at the same time.

It's spammable and stacks with itself, but I don't think it's enough to change the AP stomp. As long as Batman armored himself up with that preptime, I'm pretty sure this fight's unwinable for Ray. Even if he gets fast enough to blitz, the AP differance means Ray can't do anything, especially since we don't reconize Hyper Voice being durability negation like mentioned above.

Furthermore, even if Ray uses the move 6 times to be 3 times the AP, thats only going to equate to ~9 kiloFOE, not even close, even with a speed advantage due to the aforementioned speed buffs of Dragon Dance, he cant hurt Bruce's Hellbat Armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back