• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for 2nd 4-A# Durandal vs Pelinal

Okay so I know nothing about either but from what I can tell off the bat what can Durandal do about Pelinal's NEP 2

Is Pelinal really a contender for 2nd strongest 4-A on this site? He shouldn’t even be in the top five. Any character with passives or thought based hack should completely obliterate Pelinal. People keep saying he would open with madness, but he literally only did that against the people he hated most in the entire world. There is zero reason for him to do it to a complete random stranger, especially since there are plenty of times he didn’t even use it against the people he hated the most.

What does Durandal lead with, because I’m pretty sure whatever she opens with is going to completely wreck Pelinal (since he has practically zero resistances), and even if it doesn’t I still see zero reason he would ever go for madness at all and he definitely loses a 1v1 fight without it because he has literally nothing but ap (which is very likely inferior here).

he didn’t even use it against the people he hated the most.
lets see, 1 he had people around him which where allies and against Umaril he was on the city with the tower that is a pillar of creation, he is not stupid

also Pelinal can voluntarily tap into the Madness as long as he's angry, which he always is

If he can hold back to not use it on people he absolutely despises most in the world, then he’ll hold back against the random stranger that he has zero negative will towards. He always uses Madnes on the elves, the people that he was: made to kill, enslaved his people, murdered his lover, and tried to kill his queen and race. He has dozens of reasons to constantly be pissed throughout his story and those same reasons apply to why he would want to use madness on them. Meanwhile here Pelinal is fighting a random stranger (in Central Park so there are people around). There is zero reason to assume the very half second he see’s her he’s going to lose his shit and nuke everything out of existence. Meanwhile, knowing the sight amount of Honkai Impact I’ve played, she’s going to use her hax, since pretty much everyone in Honkai impact either goes for the kill or is repeatedly told by everyone else to go for the kill.
Pelinal has fought the elves plenty of times in fair duels before, I see zero reason he wouldn’t try that for literally any time at all.

Back