• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for strongest 8-B: Misogi Kumagawa vs The Lich

Status
Not open for further replies.
> Strongest 8-B

> EtG Hunter

what

Why would Lich be strongest for 8-B

I don't believe you. Lich just has a god for him which generally equates to timehax.

I mean

There isn't a single 8B who can put him down

Have a suggestion of who is stronger?

Gargoyle One said:
I mean
There isn't a single 8B who can put him down

Have a suggestion of who is stronger?
Was thinking about Kenshi from MK. Seems to have good abilities. Just wanted to wait until there were less threads open for him.

@Gargoyle One To be honest I didn't even know he was getting spammed until you told me just now.

Was thinking about Kenshi from MK. Seems to have good abilities. Just wanted to wait until there were less threads open for him.

Timehax GG

@Gargoyle One

Would you believe me if I said I didn't even know the Lich existed until you mentioned him in the strongest characters thread? I haven't been checking the recent wiki activity lately.

I don't think Kenshi would trigger timehax since in Lich's case it is hugely situational.

Incappinc Lich in such a way that it does not trigger timehax is absolutely possible even though it is never done in the game. Kaliber only timehaxes in game because Lich is being let loose from his torment in Bullet Hell, thus she steps in to ensure his punishment lasts.

Defeating Lich in such a way that he still suffers under the control of Kaliber would be a valid win-con.

Additionally (and ironically enough), there is also a method in which the entire Gungeon would be reset, effectively incapping Lich. The Gun That Can Kill The Past has to be drawn to the heart of a "true pacifist"- presumably reached by someone who has never fought before.

Suffering under another isn't the same. Same for Mind Control.

Also IIRC the argument for Mercer was "absorptiongg" when that would absolutely trigger Kaliber.

Absorbtion GG makes him suffer both Kaliber and Alex's biomass wrath.

Given that once he's absorbed Kaliber can still make him suffer I don't even know

People absorbed still keep some consciousness.

But this isn't the thread for that

Nah. That doesn't work like that, otherwise the Gungeoneer could just beat the hell out of him and Kaliber would be cool with it.

Do they keep consciousness? Got a scan/video? If so that'd be... interesting. Alex would just be locked in Hell and I think Kaliber would still be mad, granted Lich is now out of her control (and she does have a tendency to strike down those that do that), but I'd be interested to think of Alex being the new Lich kek.

AF had some causality shenanigans going on with it. It may mess with Kaliber trying to rewind.

Could be. Or at least place him outside of the timehax while everyone else gets it, so he at least becomes aware of the god bearing down on the fight.

's true

It's more of finding out to see if Kuma can beat Lich.

I did say I wouldn't contribute here. Why can I never listen to what I say...?

Until proof of AF negging Timehax comes up, I'll join Incon.

Bookmaker might incap now that I look at it since it "reduces the character it hits to a pathetic level"

...huh.

Does homeboy go for the kill, then?

If he simply reduces Lich to a pathetic level and leaves them there, unable to combat him, then Lich would effectively be incapped and I can think of no good reason why Kaliber would want to stop that- it only adds to her overall goal of embarrassing the Lich for defying her will.

If Misogi kills Lich in-character, or takes another action that would cause Kaliber to step in and say "excuse me sir, nono", then Incon is the main thing.

Also Lich resists Stat Reduction but not Causality Manip so... I guess he doesn't resist this.

Misogi typically does go for the kill after bookmaker usually, although their were times he decided not too.

That said Lich can't defeat him either, so it's only a matter of time before he figures it out

Maybe? The match would essentially be the same thing happening over and over until he decides to say "nah you stay like that".

Got a video of Misogi doing that, though, or a scan?

Gargoyle One said:
Well now that it's changed

Lich goes TIMEHAX

Kumagawa goes ALL FICTION

Inconclusive
Why does this make it incon?

Misogi would reduce Lich to a pathetic level, or at least, I don't think Misogi would be able to do more than that.

Kumagawa Bookmakers and the shock of the change incaps Lich.

shock of the change?

Some point in chapter 56

Does he really need a scan though when he has a very obvious win condition and has an infinite amount of chances to apply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back