• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What caused the eruption was the reflected blast, not simply Kars' hamon? It also states that the light/energy is reflected a million times to shoot out, I'm not sure myself if that translates to AP as well.

also apologies for being late, life got me in the chest

Yes but it was Kars' hamon amped that did it, it says right there And it reached its max energy all of a sudden, becoming strong enough to start an eruptio That even implies the stone only accelerated it to its max power rather that multiplied the base power and it's a narrator statement so it's unbiased. Now obviously Kars isn't straight up that power in his ultimate form but he should carry a fraction of it.

Wouldn't that mean that Kars wouldn't be able to tap into his full power without touching that stone?

Maybe, it can imply either, it either accelerated his hamon to its maximum output in an instant or it was amped to that degree. So either Kars' hamon at it's best is insane or alternatively his a Hamon was multiplied by an insane degree and ya take the result and divide it and hand Kars the result.

Uhhh, not really? It's either:

• Kars can't reach his max Hamon potential on his own so his regular power is fairly unknown
or

• The eruption gets divided by 1,000,000 to get Kars' base Hamon, which Joseph doesn't scale to anyway since Kars' Hamon easily overpowered his even while Kars was holding back

I don't know, the calc for the eruption would be needed, wasn't there a statement saying the eruption was more powerful than any bomb or eruption in history or something? Could just use that for now and divide that. Could range from tier low 8 to low 7?

Asking around may prove useful, but I'm not sure how you'd calculate the eruption itself unless you get the size of that conveniently cut-not-cut rock that was shot into the sky.

Yeah I'm not able to calc it myself. Things we know are, it was able to eject lava into the stratosphere, ejected debris were moving at escape velocities, it shot that rock high i guess and this last part could be wrong but it was more powerful than any bomb and eruption in history. I think it was calced at 500 megatons years ago. Although theres the mini eruption that Kars caused/tanked, if worse comes to worse we can always scale him to that

For the mini one, they thought he was dead, yet seconds later showed that wasnt the case when Kars cane out after pummeling through the rock. Either way tanked that one point blank.

They? A little tired, you're not making sense at the moment. I'll send the eruption thing to the Calc Request thing or AN, whichever one is faster.

No i mean Kars likely could be the cause of the minor one since while he (Stroheim) said it was the plane he also thought Kars was dead so he could of been wrong on hst account, alternatively Kars also tanked the minor one so itd apply to his dura at least.

Bump.

I'm getting JoJo Revisions thread vibe from the lack of the one thing we need. Should I downgrade what we already have in the meantime?

Finished. Stroheim should probably stay the same if he's taken off of Santana's body and design.

Though, the more I think about it, the more I think that it wouldn't matter for Kars. Here's why: Kars' AP, if the calc was divided, a millionfold would make Kars look like babysauce. The ranking would be pretty low, I believe even lower than what he is. He's already At least High 8-C, but I don't thing there's a way to say 8-B either. The hundred-times thing is also for the non-destructive power of Hamon, not his physicality, which is already beyond Joseph by default.

An Unknow stat may work since there's no real way to tell. And for the Red Stone stat, since it's so situational, get removed and applied to its own Red Stone of Aja page. There's no reason for it to be on Kars' page if it was a one-time situational attack that isn't even available to him because he didn't have the Red Stone in his possession in the first place. I need one argument for why it should be even kept on his page, because it's also the RED STONE'S maximum power, not KARS' maximum power.

The calc should still be done for the Red Stone's sake, though.

Yeah, I'm not debating that. I know it was calced at 500mt before though and I've seen here numerous times that apparently it was above any eruption in history and dwarfed any manmade bomb via statement but I can't recall it. If it ends up being low there's always the minor one which Kars tanked.

How would a durability feat go to his AP? Wouldn't that "small eruption" (please get a picture of it so I can tell which lava splash out of too many in that scene you were talking about) also need to be calc'd as well?

It may not go towards his AP, but it'd be his dura at least. The one ya posted with Stroheim saying it's the plane, even if it was the plane he tanked it regardless.

So, have you reached any conclusions here?

Joseph and them have been downgraded, and Lina offered to calc the eruption. Afterwards, we will be able to finish up on Kars and the Red Stone. Until the calc is done, we're in wait.

Actually a bit of an idea, if the eruption was supposed to be one topping every other known one (At least 800 megatons), wouldn't dividing that by a millionfold get an 8-A result of 800 tons? I'm not the best at converting tons and whatnot but I think that should be the result.

Of course, that's just the lazy man's way to get Kars done, but still.

"The hundred-times thing is also for the non-destructive power of Hamon, not his physicality, which is already beyond Joseph by default."

Yeah, that's pretty much it, while Joseph could cause you to have pins and needles Kars can outright melt flesh. The boost it gave to the red stone was sufficient enough to cause an eruption but when the volcano is already erupting from the plane landing within it do you really need 800 tons of TNT set off within it to push it to its last stage?

The Red Stone is what triggered the eruption that pushed the stone and everything else into the stratosphere. I think without the Aja boost it would've just been a regular eruption.

Pushing the rocks into space as a result of an eruption isn't something which is uncommon, Araki cited an excerpt from the observations of a volcanic eruption within this sca . as some sort of proof that volcanos can indeed make an eruption potent enough to launch Kars into space.

That the eruption wasn't more potent than your regular eruption, therefore Kars didn't need to concentrate 800 tons of tnt into it to set off some super eruption. One can get the energy yields to vaporize flesh and times it a million to account for the red stone though.

Back