• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Be My Rimworld Pawns Season 2

• I sent @Rakih_Elyan out with some of the undead to check out what was purported to be a small ruin with some maybe archotech stuff hidden within. Something must've broken, however, because it generated a map with no ruin. Unsure what happened there. Regardless, we cut down some mushroom trees growing in the caves for food and then carried it back with some steel slag and rose quartz boulders. I refused to leave empty handed.
  • Slowly but surely does @Epiccheev churn out mechanical limbs for our prisoner-turned-colonist. We captured a nephilim EONS ago, who had lost all of her limbs- literally all had been melted off, but she didn't die because she's one of the races that can't die unless their brain is destroyed. So she's just been a nugget in a bed for like two years. We have the arms done, we're making slow progress on the legs. I have @Da3ggman working on one of them just to hurry the process up.
  • This is the saddest, most pathetic pawn I've ever seen in my ******* life, when she bleeds out I'm going to have @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara eat them for being so suckass awful.
  • @Da3ggman has a shrine to the revered entity fox lady we captured and now prays to it for about 10 hours a day unless I tell him to do otherwise.
  • I have trapped one of @PsychoWarper's zombies inside the caves that will become our arcane academy, because everyone else just refuses to work on it.
  • @Nierre has acquired a classic, a crypto crossbow: one of her weapons from the last playthrough, and one of the best ranged weapons we have. Even without magic fancy stuff, it does substantially more damage than most of what we're working with.
  • We finally got the event that calls down a hostile Sanguophage to the colony, meaning we can now get a vampire. If any of you want to volunteer to be a filthy damn bloodsucker, say so now. For those wondering, the fight was very easy for two reasons: One, I discovered @Crabwhale's phase strike allows him to teleport through walls (much like Psycho's flight), and two, they crashed onto boomalopes, which caused them to explode.
  • While mining out the magic college, we discovered a rather huge cavern behind the mountains we live in. I don't know what generation led to them, but all that's back there is some ore veins and no mundane stones. I noticed that the floor in there is all Limestone in spite of the fact that no Limestone appears to have spawned on our map- perhaps the game had some issues generating limestone blocks, leading to a cave where one wouldn't normally spawn? hard to say. Alternatively, may have been superworms tunneling for generations beneath the mountain, also possible.
  • After several hours of surgery, @GreyFang82 successfully installed the aforementioned mechanical limbs onto our captured renegade angel: she can finally ******* walk after spending 1.8 years confined to a bed after we accidentally set her on fire during a battle.
  • We have trained a fire-breathing raven with a skull for a head, which is just really cool. I named it Senius.
  • I've reached the conclusion that there is no path through the mountains to the east of Aegis, which is unfortunate because I really wanted to have a second colony that way- the alternative is north, and we're already in the extreme cold regions of the world. Any further and we'll reach the snow-deserts, tundra, and ice caps.

First a Lich and now we are getting a vampire, truly a unique bunch.

(For reference I yet again am uninterested in becoming a Vamp, if I even can lol)

The Vampire being someone thats depressed when the sun goes down sounds funny af
Think of it this way. I get depressed in real life when the sun comes up, because it means I have to get ready for work. If I'm nocturnal, then the sun going down means I have to get ready for work, which makes me depressed. Not even vampires can escape the shackles of capitalism.

Oh right, I would like to be a vampire if the role hasn't already been filled.
Your wish is my command, Lyra Fujiwara has become a Sanguophage and we now need to get a bloodbank prisoner or two (preferably an immortal one so we don't have to feed them)

• @Tllmbrg has fallen in love with the antisocial angel woman comprised 45% per kg of animatronic addons the likes of which haunted Da Vinci's nightmares.
  • @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara had to assault the prisoner and wrestle him down to incapacitate his legless ass so she could force the "soul fusion" and get the Sanguophage powers. Fujiwara is now immortal and also cracked.
  • @Nierre and @Arceus0x's kids have spent a total of 16 hours in the new smeltery I built, to the point that one of them got heatstroke in ******* winter. Love these little guys, they find so much joy in melting down slag. I should build a factory for them to work in.
  • The angel woman is literally already pregnant, it has been like three in-game days
  • In a recent mech-raid, @Crabwhale led the charge along with @Rakih_Elyan @Comiphorous @Tllmbrg and @Nierre (alongside NPCs, including the angel woman Ethorel)- all sustained no or minor injuries, excepting Crab himself, who took a shotgun shot to the eyeball and lost his little toe on his right foot. We had a quest awhile back about a healer who could cure major wounds and regenerate limbs, I may be inclined to look into that for Crab.
  • With our insane wealth, I decided to invest in an exotic animal breeding facility. After about two months of waiting it finally paid off in the form of a pet Daer, Unicorn, and... animated dining chair. It flies around to comfort people, I think it's neat, I named it Otiluke. The daer (lit. Deer-Bear, but the size of an elephant) is named Beorn and the unicorn is named Amalthea. She should be an objectively incredible mount for whoever I assign her to, while the daer is the closest we will get to having a functioning tank.
  • @Nierre has become an alcoholic. The stress of war got to her. Interestingly, her alcohol binge did not lead her to the alehouse, but instead she returned to the trend of voraciously devouring every ounce of baby food we had in the colony.
  • I don't know who the **** did it but some druid visiting the colony just randomly decided to regenerate the arm of Sarai, one of Psycho's original two undead. Popped that sucker on no problem. He got Lung Rot as a reward, because Sarai emits corpse rot as a gas around her when harmed, and the healing process was apparently registered as ticks of damage... negative damage. So she was getting "hurt" the whole time. That dude is ******, but I appreciate his help.
  • Buncha you ******* just got the flu, so we're gonna be running on light-mode for a few days while @Arceus0x and @GreyFang82 keep everyone patched up and bringing them soup or whatever.
  • ************- all of you just got muscle parasites too. jesus christ.

hmmmmm.... hemomancer...
There's... a blood mage?

@Nierre and @Arceus0x's kids have spent a total of 16 hours in the new smeltery I built, to the point that one of them got heatstroke in ******* winter. Love these little guys, they find so much joy in melting down slag. I should build a factory for them to work in.
taking after my stupidity, lovely..
@Nierre has become an alcoholic. The stress of war got to her. Interestingly, her alcohol binge did not lead her to the alehouse, but instead she returned to the trend of voraciously devouring every ounce of baby food we had in the colony.
Exhibit A:

why baby food... 😭

@Nierre and @Arceus0x's kids have spent a total of 16 hours in the new smeltery I built, to the point that one of them got heatstroke in ******* winter. Love these little guys, they find so much joy in melting down slag. I should build a factory for them to work in.
Bambu: don't you dare get more kids
Our characters: get more kids anyways
Bambu and kids:
fire-molten-metal-metallurgy-foundry-steel-hot.jpg

@Nierre has become an alcoholic. The stress of war got to her. Interestingly, her alcohol binge did not lead her to the alehouse, but instead she returned to the trend of voraciously devouring every ounce of baby food we had in the colony.
An alcoholic mother and a ex-oppioid addict father. Damn.
Buncha you ******* just got the flu, so we're gonna be running on light-mode for a few days while @Arceus0x and @GreyFang82 keep everyone patched up and bringing them soup or whatever.
dog-treating-a-bedridden-cat-for-melancholy-v0-5sdxjwwuidec1.jpeg

Homomancer
That role is already filled by Fuji.
@Tllmbrg has fallen in love with the antisocial angel woman comprised 45% per kg of animatronic addons the likes of which haunted Da Vinci's nightmares.
Yeah that's Tllm alright.
The children yearn for the forges.

• I panic every time @Crabwhale's pet fleshbeast eats something because I'll get a random notification that some animal is going for revenge after being attacked, only to find that it is in fact not doing that because the fleshbeast instant-absorbs them.
  • @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara got into a fist fight with a visiting blood mage (perhaps some drama between them and the vampires regarding ownership of blood?) and ripped the poor ******'s ear off.
  • A LOT of you have gotten food poisoning from @Arceus0x and I cooking, because nobody was cleaning our kitchen. Woopsie. Just after we managed to beat the double-stacked diseases from last time, too, it's messed up.
  • I've decided to open our new smeltery to the adoring public and allow visitors to do our labor in there for us. I don't trust them with our deeper facilities but this is already right by the inn anyhow, I figure why not let them get heatstroke if they want to.
  • Some time ago I mentioned building a hot springs tub for people to hang out in as a new form of recreation (the game requires you to get a certain amount of variety in recreation choices as it progresses). I have noticed that, because visitors hang out in there a lot, and @GreyFang82 is set to prioritize mingling with visitors to increase their mood, he is on average just hanging out in a hot tub-sauna for like four to six hours a day. Meanwhile my pawn gets to chop up dead or wounded creatures Crab's pet ***** out. Life is not fair.
  • Our influx of tithes and taxes from settlements is giving us a very steady supply of dark iron and, now, hardened adamantine- it's not a better rate than just buying it, since it still costs us silver to tithe our settlements, but it gives us a great deal of choice over what we get. With this, and with @Epiccheev working endlessly in the smithy, we will produce armor worthy of its wearers.
  • We have over 4,000 insect meat stored up. I've never seen this much before. It's rancid.
  • It has come to my attention that animated chairs cannot be used as mounts but the animated tool cabinet can. I find this profoundly offensive.
  • @Nierre keeps starving herself while feeding her infant daughter, Elizabeth. She also appears to be rejecting her ranged weapons and has outright refused to pick them back up, they're in the next room just sitting on the ground- all she grabbed was her falchion. Perhaps she tires of ranged warfare and wishes for some blood upon her face. Good for her.
  • Work continues (slowly) on the Aegis Institute of Aether Study, with most of it being built by @PsychoWarper himself (as well as the undead I have forbidden from leaving the work site, Rya). Both of them work painfully slow and the only help is occasionally wrought from a few pawns (mostly @Comiphorous) when they aren't doing anything otherwise. It takes a shitton of materials to build castle walls on such a wide scale so uh... ****, I guess.
  • Regarding @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, it turns out that Psycho's skeletons can be harvested for hemogen... blood. How does it work? Beats me man, but it also beats what I was doing previously to sate Fujiwara. The children. I was harvesting the children for blood. Sweet, delicious blood. Full of vitamins. Nutritious, too. Very good. Now she will feast upon undead negatively-energized blood, nasty stuff. Perhaps someday she will feed on child blood again.
  • @Da3ggman has had a bad time of late, with a combination of multiple food poisoning stints (I'm working on this, I swear) and muscle parasites that have plagued him longer than others. However, it is important to recognize silver linings: he got a sick ass hyperweave hat from some dead guy on our lawn. Always an upside if you know how to see it.

Some time ago I mentioned building a hot springs tub for people to hang out in as a new form of recreation (the game requires you to get a certain amount of variety in recreation choices as it progresses). I have noticed that, because visitors hang out in there a lot, and @GreyFang82 is set to prioritize mingling with visitors to increase their mood, he is on average just hanging out in a hot tub-sauna for like four to six hours a day. Meanwhile my pawn gets to chop up dead or wounded creatures Crab's pet ***** out. Life is not fair.
You see, as the least blood thirsty and demented and person who is most against the war crimes currently occurring. I simply stay far away from the places this takes place in so I can stay sane and pretend everything is ok.

Building my own college with my own ******* hands, crazy whag people will do to avoid student debt these days

whose children?
mine, yours, any we can take off the street- soon to be Lemberg's too, our clans grow mightily

You see, as the least blood thirsty and demented and person who is most against the war crimes currently occurring. I simply stay far away from the places this takes place in so I can stay sane and pretend everything is ok.
Eggman is literally a pacifist who allows himself to get beat up and mugged rather than fight back, its a miracle the man still has all his body parts

Eggman is literally a pacifist who allows himself to get beat up and mugged rather than fight back, its a miracle the man still has all his body parts
Lets be honest, homie is still walking cause he happens to be allied with a bunch of ******* insane people and literal monsters lol.

That and being lucky that Crab is like somehow always near by when hes attacked.

Regarding @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, it turns out that Psycho's skeletons can be harvested for hemogen... blood. How does it work? Beats me man, but it also beats what I was doing previously to sate Fujiwara. The children. I was harvesting the children for blood. Sweet, delicious blood. Full of vitamins. Nutritious, too. Very good. Now she will feast upon undead negatively-energized blood, nasty stuff. Perhaps someday she will feed on child blood again.
Psycho doesn't even season his skeletons. Very bland, I prefer the child blood ngl

• My quest to give @Crabwhale as many minor melee buffs progresses swimmingly. At the cost of stamina (which he regains at an unrealistic pace) he can now increase his melee damage, resistance to disease, and mental fortitude. He also can fix his own gear now, which is nice because he gets beat up a lot.
  • @Rakih_Elyan was entering the fray against a group of MiGo that were attacking with their weird prism-weapons and dismounted from his Ave mount, Ajax. Ajax then sprinted headfirst towards the enemy (not to attack, just for fun, as a treat) and instantly got blown to shit by @PsychoWarper and @Arceus0x with their artillery volleys. I need to paint you guys a picture of the sheer determination this bird had to die. He was twenty-three cells away when Rakih dismounted to be on foot. He sprinted, bounded forth to be hit by the death bolts and arcane explosions. He ******* bee-lined towards and traipsed into death. I hate that ************.
  • @Tllmbrg is now marrying the biomechanical angel woman.
  • Much of the castle walls of the arcane college is complete.
  • @GreyFang82 became upset that he was hungry and drowsy so he entered into a sad wander instead of doing the task he was assigned to. Unfortunately this task was feeding @Armorchompy, who had collapsed from pain and could not feed himself, thus causing Armor to starve until morning while Grey walked around and sighed loudly.
  • I've realized a critical flaw of the "harvest Psycho's undead slaves for their marrow" plan, which is that they won't rest in bed because they can't sleep. So we're back to harvesting hemogen from our colonists until we get a dungeon made, filled with prisoners to feed upon.
  • @Comiphorous is new hotness, two consecutive diplomatic marriage requests.
  • The undead meat wall mixed with Fog of Torment continues to work as an insanely effective strategy- the only downside is that when a friendly wanders into the Fog of Torment, they tend to leave it with less body mass than they entered. One of our Manticores wandered in and had their eye melted out before I could coax them out of it.
  • @Da3ggman and @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara are tasked with planting the first of our more magical crops- some of these things can be grown to produce raw magic (referred to as "magicyte"), of which we need a shitton to produce any given magical item. It requires huge amounts of skill to plant, even Fujiwara is only just barely able to do it.
  • @Nierre was performing an epic drama on stage when one of our conscripted knights, Yoshi, began heckling her until she went to sleep. She still had fun but it seemed wildly uncalled for so I had Yoshi get beat up out back of the Pie-Eyed Boar. He eventually calmed down after eating some cheese.
  • During a psychic drone, a number of you became very depressed (namely @Epiccheev and @Armorchompy; Psycho was technically in on this but I don't think he's capable of having a mental break due to being a lich) so I ordered our medics to administer beers to everyone that was sad.
  • During said psychic drone, @GreyFang82 broke and decided he would try to free our prisoner, a sanguophage lobotomite named Hector. I spoke with him quietly to calm him down and as he decided he wouldn't do that anymore, he began moonwalking to the stage to reenact a play at the inn. For the record, because Grey is so sensitive to psychic energies, whereas the default malus for this psychic drone was 30, Grey was getting hit with SEVENTY-TWO. Even the catharsis of smooth jazz and an adoring audience didn't cheer him up.
  • @Rakih_Elyan is our "know your place" prison warden. We don't actually have a prison up yet, just a couple beds for the inn behind cloth curtains are designated as prisoner beds. When the sanguophage inevitably tries to escape prison, @Rakih_Elyan goes in and beats him up and sets him on fire. I don't know how it comes to pass that Rakih is almost always nearby when this dude is escaping from our "prison", but this is the case.
  • @Arceus0x and @Nierre's second son, Alexander, has turned to drug binging at the age of 10. So sad.
  • Do we make @Armorchompy our international diplomat again, y/n, I've just been ignoring the expos and requests for diplomacy from other civilizations but now that we're pretty stable we could start sending out delegates

@Nierre was performing an epic drama on stage when one of our conscripted knights, Yoshi, began heckling her until she went to sleep. She still had fun but it seemed wildly uncalled for so I had Yoshi get beat up out back of the Pie-Eyed Boar. He eventually calmed down after eating some cheese.
LMAO what in the ****

My character will do anything but pick up the bow
Do we make @Armorchompy our international diplomat again, y/n, I've just been ignoring the expos and requests for diplomacy from other civilizations but now that we're pretty stable we could start sending out delegates
y

During a psychic drone, a number of you became very depressed (namely @Epiccheev and @Armorchompy; Psycho was technically in on this but I don't think he's capable of having a mental break due to being a lich) so I ordered our medics to administer beers to everyone that was sad.
I am canonically built different
Do we make @Armorchompy our international diplomat again, y/n, I've just been ignoring the expos and requests for diplomacy from other civilizations but now that we're pretty stable we could start sending out delegates
y

@Rakih_Elyan was entering the fray against a group of MiGo that were attacking with their weird prism-weapons and dismounted from his Ave mount, Ajax. Ajax then sprinted headfirst towards the enemy (not to attack, just for fun, as a treat) and instantly got blown to shit by @PsychoWarper and @Arceus0x with their artillery volleys. I need to paint you guys a picture of the sheer determination this bird had to die. He was twenty-three cells away when Rakih dismounted to be on foot. He sprinted, bounded forth to be hit by the death bolts and arcane explosions. He ******* bee-lined towards and traipsed into death. I hate that ************.
Sheer willpower for a dying bird.

@Rakih_Elyan is our "know your place" prison warden. We don't actually have a prison up yet, just a couple beds for the inn behind cloth curtains are designated as prisoner beds. When the sanguophage inevitably tries to escape prison, @Rakih_Elyan goes in and beats him up and sets him on fire. I don't know how it comes to pass that Rakih is almost always nearby when this dude is escaping from our "prison", but this is the case.
This is my Warden sense in action.

Downloaded rimworld. Game's a pain in the ass to play. I tried picking good pawns but DAMN are they hard to make obey. I assing tasks to them and they just...don't do it for a long while unless they quite literally start breaking down. First colony (tutorial) was doing fine, the food was growing fast and well, supplies were good, I had a guy join it and things were just going well...until a heat wave happened and I forgot that coolers are important.
My second colony was getting no visitors, no anything, one weird caveman tried to kill us and we shot him but then the people just stopped listening properly and the crops weren't growing and everyone broke down. Truly this game is hard.

• @Nierre was being hunted by two basilisks, which is concerning because she was sort of out in the open. She got a great shot on one and slowed it enough to kite it, but the other was a problem so I had @Comiphorous come out and begin beating up the less-wounded kin while Nierre continued to dispatch the one she'd already shot.
  • @PsychoWarper has taken up hunting with a wand of ice instead of a bow or gun, and conveniently @Crabwhale has been in the vicinity a lot to beat up the animals that don't die quick enough. He hunts while riding a Spectator.
  • @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara is our first colonist with a 20 skill, in Intellectual: following closely behind is @Rakih_Elyan (also with Intellectual, 19), @Epiccheev with 19 crafting, @Arceus0x with 17 cooking, @Crabwhale at 16 animal handling and @Armorchompy at 16 mining. This excludes combat skills, where the highest is also Fujiwara at 19 melee (Sanguophage gives her free levels, the next highest is Crab at 15 melee and @Nierre at 13 shooting)

Combat update! We've not done combat updates, really. Stat time.
  • @Rakih_Elyan has dealt 49,615 damage and killed 150 people/creatures.
  • @Crabwhale has dealt 60,382 damage and killed 144 people/creatures.
  • @PsychoWarper has dealt 60,980 damage and killed 137 people/creatures.
  • @Tllmbrg has dealt 33,534 damage and killed 57 people/creatures.
  • @Comiphorous has dealt 48,453 damage and killed 51 people/creatures.
  • @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara has dealt 46,258 damage and killed 34 people/creatures.
  • @GreyFang82 has dealt 43,437 damage and killed 31 people/creatures.
  • @Armorchompy has dealt 16,506 damage and killed 19 people/creatures.
  • @Nierre has dealt 18,951 damage and killed 15 people/creatures.
  • I have done 16,909 damage and killed 10 people/creatures.
  • @Epiccheev has dealt 17,444 damage and killed... 2... people/creatures.
  • @Arceus0x has dealt 32,570 damage and killed only a single person/creature.
  • @Da3ggman has never raised a hand in violence and thus holds the moral high-ground above us all.
Of note is that Fujiwara's damage output will only continue to increase faster than most others due to the Sanguophage stuff (she is now way more skilled in combat and also does more damage per hit- she's on-par with the per-hit damage of our strongest hitters, namely Hadley, one of Psycho's undead, and just a bit ahead of Crab). Ranged people expectedly fall somewhat behind in damage output, as their strengths in combat behoove them to remain back and attack less. Once the castle is prepared, I intend to have a more traditional kill box arranged in the fortification, and they will thus get a lot more combat time.

Back