• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beefcake destroys a city block

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Feat: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:FanofRPGs/Beefcake_destroys_a_city_block

For some reason whenever I make multiple edits on a blog post, I usually can't reply, so just a few things. I wanted to look at the calc to check the values, and mine are very different than Fan's for reasons unknown, though I did use a full-screen version of the image if it matters.

Calc Style 1:

Spoiler
Would it be accurate to calc this via wind force, using these values?

Fw= 1/2 ¤ü v2 A

Fw = wind force (N)

A = 1083703.68 (m^2)

¤ü = 1.2 (kg/m^3)

v = 763.8 (m/s)

Fw= 379333420023 N

Newtons = Joules/meter so:

(379333420023 j/m) / (1083703.68 m^2) = 3.50e5 joules/cubic meter

3.50e5 j/m
┬│ (3.59e7m┬│) = 1.257e13j - 3.004Mt Low 7-B

The value cannot change any further since there's no other volume.

Calc Style 2: (Idk how to stop both spoilers from opening at once, I thought 2 posts would help.)

Spoiler
Establishing Values:

1693.41m = Radius/height

353.6m = sector height

494.32m = sector radius

988.65m = sector diameter

270m = Beefcake

33.16m = Crater height

Estimation for the building floor size (#3)

Opmboom
Opmboom2
Alright so since the end of the crater has sort of a semi circle look to it but it's not completely a semi-circle, I used the area of a circular segment for that portion, and a triangle (1/2┬Àb┬Àh) for the other part.

For the circular segment, the height of the segment is 353.6m, and the radius is 494.32m, making the area 246608.79m2.

For the triangle, I got 837094.89m2.

Total area: 837094.89m2 + 246608.79m2 = 1083703.68m2

Using the above values + height of the crater to find the volume: (1083703.68m^2)(33.16m) = 3.59e7m┬│ or 3.59e13cm┬│.

Now to just plug it into the methods.

Method 1:
3.59e13cm┬│(8j/cc) = 2.87e14j - 68.5Kt 7-C

Method 2:
3.59e13cm┬│(1220kg/m┬│)= 4.38e10kg. K=1/2mv.

Since I used different numbers, all I have to do is swap the height and keep the time.

353.6m + 1693.41m = 2047.01m / 2.68s = 763.8m/s

So the final result is 1.27e16j - 3.05Mt Low 7-B

Method 3:
3.59e13cm┬│(2400kg/m┬│) = 8.61e10kg.

Solving for KE gives us 2.51e22j - 6.002Mt Low 7-B

So these results are consistent.

How did we get such wildly different numbers for kinetic energy? I got 7950.15 meters for the height of the triangle.

Probably because for some reason my numbers for the size scaling are massively smaller than yours, and I used a bigger size for the crater, which basically changes the entire calc. Might've been the methods used too for pixel scaling.

Here is my measurement of the height, length

Beefcake feat

Width = Red Triangle

Red Side A = 195 pixels

Red Side B = 214 pixels

Red Side C = 289.52 pixels = 4342.8 meters

Length = Green Triangle

Green Side A = 550 pixels

Green Side B = 145 pixels

Green Side C = 568.79 pixels = 8531.85 meters

Beefcake = 18 pixels = 270 meters

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/geometry-plane/triangles-isosceles.php

Plugging in the numbers get me 17,916,000 square meters

Beefcake feat 3

Yellow Side A = 265 pixels

Yellow Side B = 459 pixels

Yellow Side C = 530.01 pixels = 7950.15 meters

Beyond21 said:
i thought you werent going to use 270m since its obviously extremely inaccurate

Well it is a low ball, if he really towers mountains and clouds and did this level of damage, 6-C is being stingy

FanofRPGs said:
Beyond21 said:
i thought you werent going to use 270m since its obviously extremely inaccurate
Well it is a low ball, if he really towers mountains and clouds and did this level of damage, 6-C is being stingy
he DOES tower over mountains and clouds

Beefcake1

darkanine calced the height of beefcake using a comparison of beefcake's nose and a part of a broken skyscraper

BeefcakeCalcDar
The story is about 6 pixels. His eye is 194 pixels.

194 / 6 = 32.33333333333333

1 Story is approx 3.3 meters.

32.33333333333333 * 3.3 = 106.7 m

The human eye has a diameter of 0.024 meters.

Beefcake is a well built man, so I'll use a base of 1.8 meters.

1.8 / 0.024 = 75

106.7 * 75 = 8,002.5 m

idk if you'll agree with the calc, but it seems to make sense. if mountains barely come up to a guy's knees, you would at least have to be that tall.

normally i wouldnt go this far for one calc, but this might actually change the entire power level of OPM so yeah

Okay, I possibly could use the method UniteMyRice did. The only problem is watching through the episode, it seems his height radically changes at parts. Sometimes he is 100 meters, sometimes 270, sometime 1000, someime 8000

i dont think he's ever shown to be less than 500m.

can you show me a scan of when he's only 100m?

most skyscrapers are around 300m, and in every single shot, he absolutely towers them. and at his tallest showings, his footprint is larger than an entire city block, and he absolutely dwarfs mountains and clouds. at his smallest showings, hes still probably bout 600m tall at least.

Beefcake5

FanofRPGs said:
When Saitama appeared on his shoulder, he looked much smaller
well obviously they would have to shrink down beefcake's size, otherwise we literally wouldnt be able to see saitama at all. its PIS. most of the time he's at least a couple km tall. but 270m is a definite no no.

Yes but if his size is portaid differently it will be hard to judge. Though if he's mostly portaid as being up to the clouds then that's the size that should be used.

Find his size when he does the feat, his size is so inconsistent ya may as well just calc it as ya see it instead of using the 250 low end and the 8km high end.

i think we should use the source material, aka the webcomic. ONE specifically draws him as taller than mountains and clouds, and his size is consistent in the webcomic

and we should take into account that he did this entire feat without even touching the city. he just moved his arm against the wind

Well this has gotten derailed since I've left. The purpose of this sub-forum and thread is to discuss the math behind the calcs, not discuss the guy's height. His official height is 270m, so that's what I used.

But since I might as well add fuel to the flame...

1. OPM earth is not tiny. The cities in the verse are actually countries/continents .

2. Given the above images, if what I'm seeing is correct, then the planet has 2 moons, which we can use to scale the city sizes (or the planet itself). The manga even says City B was destroyed. We can see the curvature of the earth and Saitama above the mountains (which could probabably solidify his speed, even though the drawing doesn't make a decent scale of what the earth would look like at that height)

3. He's drawn smaller here and here, though you can still see the curvature.

We've gone over the "OPM cities are countries" thing many times. We're not accepting that.

Also you should ask some calc members about the curvature scaling. I've heard that sometimes it can be a bit wonky.

Unite, I wasn't calling the OPM earth tiny, from what I've seen it's just an alt earth so 12,000km roughly, I'm saying if that really was the curvature it would be tiny and I don't agree with that for multiple reasons. Edit: You can also vividly make out buildings in the last two pictures too along with the curvature.

@Ryukama

Really? Why's that?

@J-man

Well the distance to the horizon from 270m high is 58.7 kilometers, which would be the distance from Beefcake to the water horizon. It's still relatively flat in that scene with little signs of curvature, though in the one where he's on the ground dead, there's slightly more curve than the last one. To see the curvature like that though, you'd have to be a couple kilometers up, so it looks like a drawing inconsistency to me, considering in almost every other depiction, the clouds are about chest level or lower to him.

That map is only a thing in the anime, we only ever see anyone destroy at most city sized areas (so even if they were countries it wouldn't scale to anything), there's a scene where we see a city sized area get destroyed at that area is described as 99.87% of the supposed country sized city. And look at "B-City" in the scan you posted. Compare that area to the buildings around it or to Beefcake. Does that really look like a country sized area?

Nope, but then there's this image of the damage post-Boros fight, with the entire landmass being reduced to rubble as far as the eye can see.

The manga does show a fair amount of destruction, and showed that Beefcake went from town to town destroying the city, which the anime gives a better depictio of.

There still isn't any explicit countrybusting that can be scaled to characters from.

Either way has there been an accepted size for Beefcake yet or not?

Ignoring the city size debate, using the curvature off the city from what we can see there will actually decrease the OPM earth size and the city ckearly isnt country sized there eiher, so im against curvature scaling like that, there could be another way using curvature though.

Well, if he is sometimes shown as 8 km tall, and sometimes as 270 meters, I suppose that we simply have to gauge him by the displayed scale of destruction of his feats, if that is possible to get a coherent depiction of.

I'll perform a calc on Beefcake's possible size a moment later, although from here, I would just

• find the width of those roads
  • scale the size of the feet from those roads
  • find the ratio of a person's overall height to a person's feet size (use yourself as reference if needed)
  • multiply the ratio by the Beefcake's feet size to get Beefcake's overall height.
Once you get Beefcake's overall height, calculate Beefcake's feats as normal.

I agree, nobody has busted an entire city, it's all been done in significant portions, or gradually. I'd say use the average height of low forming clouds, and scale Beefcake to that.

@J-Man

Using the curvature argument only strengthens the fact that Beefcake is depicted to be multiple kilometers tall, not that the Earth is small. Also in the manga, they never showed the entirety of City B, just sections of the city.

Also as a reference, Demon level threats are threats to a city, Dragon level threats threaten multiple cities, and God level threats threaten the planet.

Back