• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beerus' speed

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Now before people start flipping out, this is not going to downgrade him really. He's still WELL into the MFTL+ range, by multiples of tens of millions at the very least. It's the explanation for his speed that caused this.

Now I know the feat. Whis flew to a planet in 60 seconds, and Beerus flew there in 80. Therefore Beerus is 3/4 Whis due to math. False. That reasoning is very flawed. Races and such have little do do with math, considering that speed is always changing. You're not always at constant speed, there's good days and bad days, etc. For example, this Olympics, Usain Bolt utterly destroyed his competition. However, in the Olympics before that, one American racer almost beat him, and Usain only won by a head iirc. Another example is that I have gone from bottom 3 on the team to top 10 between practices. Not to mention that this was casual. From experience, I know that during casual travel, there's no ratio. Heck, I've kept up with a top 10 runner IN THE STATE when we were both casual. He would've left me in the dust if we were both trying.

In short, his reasoning should be changed to "comparable to Whis," and the whole 3/4 argument should be dropped. Beerus, and all who directly scale, are an unquantifiable MFTL+ lower than Whis (though probably still in the trillions)

Source: Did track throughout high school.

I'm not sure about this because couldn't we put virtually every character on the wiki at unknown speed with the argument of

"It could have been a good day for him"

Same things with outliers, we could just accept them by saying

"It was a good day for them"

I though that Beerus had his own flying speed feats and calcs... However, If Whis is 10^18 ftl you we can put Beerus around same speed due his difference would be negligible, same with Champa.

Real life equivalencies rarely work in ficiton, and it's really a bad example to use IRL running speeds because even Usian bolt isn't more than a couple of times faster than the average joe and is only marginally faster than athletic runners

IMO if you want to disprove the 3/4th scaling you need to show Whis hold backs his speed when traveling, or that he has strained himself to travel faster, and admitedly it's very hard to prove considering how extremely casual he is about everything.

can anyone post a link to the scene we are discussing? I'd like to know where this 3/4 thing comes from.

@Aguila. Here's the thing, though. This isn't just the case for real life things. This also applies to fictional media too. Take Excitebike, Need 4 Speed, or Mario Kart. Same vehicle isn't going to win every time, and by different margins too. And to extend from video games, take Wander over Yonder. The other racers in that aren't 1/20th of Sylvia's MFTLness. Heck. I could compare the running speeds between Mario and a goomba and with the logic that the Beerus explanation gives right now, we'd have everyday goombas that can blitz most of Fairy Tail. We'd also have relativistic horses in the TLoZ verse. Heck, I'm pretty sure someone had a fractional speed of Wally West. If that person wasn't one of the high tier JLA members, this logic would make them MFTL+. Ratios shouldn't exist for fiction unless explicitly stated.

One more thing. The explanation implies that if both are putting in the same effort, no matter what, Beerus will always be 75.00% of Whis.

Sorry I disagree. The numbers are valid comparison and there's no proof that their speed ratio would be any different on another day. This isn't real life, we try to get as concrete numbers from fictional source as possible to avoid unecessary assumptions.

I am personally fine with either "3/4th as swift as Whis", or "Almost compaeable to Whis". Both wordings seem harmless to me.

Back